Author Topic: Delegates Please Publish Prices for USD, BTC, and CNY  (Read 17452 times)

Offline dcchong

• View Profile
dc-delegate
bitsharesx-delegate

updated to 0.4.10,

and published prices for USD, BTC, and CNY. ;D
wallet_approve_delegate dc-delegate true
wallet_approve_delegate bitsharesx-delegate true

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Very confusing indeed. I love the concept of BitShares, but all of these rules/restrictions on trading activity are ridiculous. Just let the market work naturally for god's sake. It's what people want.

My guts telling me: "he is right!"

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Very confusing indeed. I love the concept of BitShares, but all of these rules/restrictions on trading activity are ridiculous. Just let the market work naturally for god's sake. It's what people want.

Whilst it would be great if things were just simple, what has been happening in reality is that when BTSX hits a peak, everyone desperately pays +20% for BitUSD. When BTSX hits a bottom, people pay less for it.

So instead of being pegged dollar, BitUSD just becomes some kind of trading game. That's what these rules are trying to solve.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Markets for USD and BTC are now live.... trade at will.

On the bitUSD market I have put in a bid that matches an ask (not short) and it is not going through - just sitting there as the highest bid. What's going on with that?

Shorts that are above the average are not matched and the GUI hasn't been updated to filter them out.

But it is not a short, it is an ask:   Ask   29.9904   7,091.8731   212,688.13280

And my bid:  29.9904   5,000.00   149,952.00
I guess the market is now greedier. I bought some of those giving the market 0.0001BTSX...
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline dominic

• View Profile

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

On the bitUSD market I have put in a bid that matches an ask (not short) and it is not going through - just sitting there as the highest bid. What's going on with that?

Shorts that are above the average are not matched and the GUI hasn't been updated to filter them out.

No wonder, but it's very confusing. When those orders will be filtered out?

I am working on that right now.  The market GUI is a mess right now, but I think DAC Sun can role out updates without a new release.

So is preventing shorts above average meant to stop shorters speculatively decreasing their asks in a clearly bullish BTSX market, just so that they can be first to match the bids? i.e. to fix the peg deviation.

Offline bytemaster

I am working on that right now.  The market GUI is a mess right now, but I think DAC Sun can role out updates without a new release.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont

BTS committee member:jademont

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Updated to 0.4.10 and all price feeds published again with my new active delegate:

delegate.liondani

PS Sorry to miss the first blocks, I just came from work and I saw my new active delegate without mistakenly
     having set block production  to TRUE ... my apologizes.

Offline onceuponatime

But it is not a short, it is an ask:   Ask   29.9904   7,091.8731   212,688.13280

And my bid:  29.9904   5,000.00   149,952.00

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cgafeng

running 0.4.10 and price feeds published

delegate.cgafeng
BTC:1EYwcZ9cYVj6C9LMLafdcjK9wicVMDV376

Offline onceuponatime

Offline x.ebit

• View Profile
Updated to 0.4.10 and price feeds published +5% +5%

x.ebit
Delegate x.ebit, rose.ebit
Founder of BitRose

Offline gyhy

• View Profile
dnsdac updated 0.4.10 and price feeds published
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 01:28:00 am by gyhy »