Author Topic: Main obstacle BTSX faces at current stage  (Read 4676 times)

Offline king

• View Profile
Perfect wallet makes it easy to use, users will get more!
We should be more concerned about those who do not have IT knowledge, such as financial professionals!
BTSX Account: mister
BTSX Delegate :sun.delegate.service,moon.delegate.service

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
jajaja

rendering video-3D can have same pic !
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline Riverhead

There's also a number of developers working on this. I don't see stable wallet/gui and peg discussions as mutually exclusive.

Peg discussions are being done during compiles.

PS: Sorry if this is a bit offensive. I couldn't hold myself...

Hahah! I was just thinking the same thing. I love XKCD.

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
There's also a number of developers working on this. I don't see stable wallet/gui and peg discussions as mutually exclusive.

PS: Sorry if this is a bit offensive. I couldn't hold myself...

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Riverhead

Offline bytemaster

I agree.   Stable wallet, bug free UI are high priority. 

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
This is not good.

I dont want to put a bad message here. But we've expected more than this. I tried all versions from the beginning on difference machines but they are not stable enough. It crashed every version i tried then I need to have the clean up process on my machine, have to do many technical steps to make the wallet work. We are be-hide on the road of the dev progress vs. nxt on their stable client and good asset exchange GUI. 6 months from the 2/28 but still in beta-and-crashed version. This is not the way to make the billion $ and not the answer the the billion question $ like bitshares Q&A page. Thinking about sell all my btsx out for now :(

Interested in buying.  Let me know how much you'd like to sell.

You know how to use the exchange like bter, polo, dont you?

there's not enough depth there for larger transactions. Only 10 BTC will get you 5% slippage.
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
IMHO, the first priority thing is that we need a stable wallet without crashing and order disappear bugs. If GUI can be more user friendly, it will definitely attract more users to choose on chain market, instead of exchanges.

When most of BTSX holders stay at on chain market and trade btsx with bit Asset, the price of bitUSD/bitCNY/bitBTC on exchange will peg that of on chain market. However, a lot of users still can't even keep their wallet up without crashing, not to mention the market open order bugs.

As a matter of fact, last week the trend was very nice. Many of my friends who have millions of BTSX transferred their fund from exchanges to wallet, and was ready to play the market. However, hard fork and the following crash and market freezing make them lose temper and choose not to open their wallet before there is a very stable wallet.

So please focus on the bugs fixing, and forget about bitUSD pegging at this moment. Attracting more users to play in on chain market is the main motivation.

I might be wrong, but these are from my bottom heart.

+5%

+5%

Offline ninja

• View Profile
This is not good.

I dont want to put a bad message here. But we've expected more than this. I tried all versions from the beginning on difference machines but they are not stable enough. It crashed every version i tried then I need to have the clean up process on my machine, have to do many technical steps to make the wallet work. We are be-hide on the road of the dev progress vs. nxt on their stable client and good asset exchange GUI. 6 months from the 2/28 but still in beta-and-crashed version. This is not the way to make the billion $ and not the answer the the billion question $ like bitshares Q&A page. Thinking about sell all my btsx out for now :(

You know how to use the exchange like bter, polo, dont you?

Offline GaltReport

IMHO, the first priority thing is that we need a stable wallet without crashing and order disappear bugs. If GUI can be more user friendly, it will definitely attract more users to choose on chain market, instead of exchanges.

When most of BTSX holders stay at on chain market and trade btsx with bit Asset, the price of bitUSD/bitCNY/bitBTC on exchange will peg that of on chain market. However, a lot of users still can't even keep their wallet up without crashing, not to mention the market open order bugs.

As a matter of fact, last week the trend was very nice. Many of my friends who have millions of BTSX transferred their fund from exchanges to wallet, and was ready to play the market. However, hard fork and the following crash and market freezing make them lose temper and choose not to open their wallet before there is a very stable wallet.

So please focus on the bugs fixing, and forget about bitUSD pegging at this moment. Attracting more users to play in on chain market is the main motivation.

+5%

Offline James212

• View Profile
This is not good.

BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline ninja

• View Profile
This is not good.

Offline bodenliu

• View Profile

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

We are all in the same situation and I fully agree.
I think we much more focus should go into usability and on bug free code. If we can't use the wallet or vault then none of the complicated pegging algorithms will matter.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads