Author Topic: _  (Read 4168 times)

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fuzzy

how could one possibly choose a better response? Srry ketton..looks like you were beat to the punch.

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline fuzzy

Please do not forget that we have a Mumble Server so you can set up your own event for this, invite journalists and other crypto enthusiasts.  Literally anyone in attendance can record the session, which is a wonderful way of advertising the power of the bitshares ecosystem (as well as your blog).

If you are interested...let me know how I can help.

I don't see this event as my own, I just wanted to initiate it with a given date so everyone got a small guideline to follow.
For now Mumble is not a way I personally like to participate in. But I know it is an important communication way for many guys in here so feel free to use it even for this campaign.

How do you plan to roll this out?

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
First Worldwide BitShares Delegates Election Week (15-21 September 2014)
Put this event in your calender BitShares_Election_Week_Sep2014.ics

Overall objective is to stimulate the BitShares voting system by grabbing attention of all stakeholders, no matter if small or large.

Are you a stakeholder? It's time to use your stake and vote with it.
Do you have a unclaimed stake that is tired of boredom? It's time to claim your stake and vote with it.

FAQ
Why should I vote?
If you hold a stake in BitShares you are probably interested in gaining value of your stake.
To keep and gain the value of your stake the whole ecosystem have to be reliable, solid and healthy.
It's only up to you to keep fraud and nepotism away by using your stake to vote for reliable delegates.

How should I know who is best for down and who for upvote?
You can make your own overview by scan the forum or ask forum members for informations about the delegates.
Or you can use the latest Delegates Report by KettenBlog and other ressources to find your decisions.

How can I vote?
http://kettenblog.wordpress.com/2014/09/04/delegates-election-week-how-to-vote-in-bitsharesx
*placeholder* suggestions, howtos? how many votes per day are recommended... etc.

Why should I take part of the Election Week when I can vote at any time?
Cause in the Election Week and the days around many of the delegates will try to grab your attention and this will give you the best way to make your decision for your own votes.
Also there may a lot of information around delegates and voting from the community these days.

Why a complete week?
I came to the conclusion that every stakeholder should be able to take part and one day or weekend could be to short and longer than one week would lose interest over time.

Everyone is invited to participate and I think there's a lot to do.

I will support the Election Week on my blog with one or another article about this event and the results.
What about you?

*As long as there is only one BitShares DAC live this first Election Week is only related to BitSharesX.
Edit: Feel free to correct my bad english in every case.
Edit2: added "how to vote in BitSharesX" blog article

I think it would be interesting to have another option.

X. I would like to vote but i'm so busy i don't have time to give it the attention it needs.

If there are as many as i would guess then this needs to be solved. If there aren't as many as i think then it still needs to be solved but not until we get some non crypto enthusiasts on board.

Again i like short cartoons to explain things. Also i know there is a page with %pay and %blocks processed. Its would also be nice to have one with that information and a mission statement from each delegate summarizing what they stand for.

Offline fuzzy

the magnet voting link works basicly like this:
btsx:yourdelegate/approve
or better with html
<a href="btsx:yourdelegate/approve">Vote For Me !!1!</a>

Lets work together on this to get the delegates all together.  We will do this.  Once my delegate is up and running I would like to enter in as well.

Anyone interested in running their delegate under the "Beyond Bitcoin x" umbrella, feel free to create a delegate and please donate a % of your fees to the common Beyond Bitcoin X pot so users who propagate delegate content/updates/commentary can exchange the XPoints earned from the site for btsx and shares in other future DACs.  If BitShares ecosystem is like a democracy, we want to incentivize our citizens to actively participate in all aspects of educating each other and the outside public on which delegates are doing the most for shareholder investment.  THIS is a place where we can distinguish ourselves from every other cryptocurrency project out there.  No others give a voice to their communities like this can. 

I have personally spent almost 2 BTC (of my total 8 BTC investment into this ecosystem) to help this along precisely because I feel so strongly about how important these incentives are for maximizing everyone's investment and, more importantly, protecting the ecosystem from bad actors.  An informed public that is paid in action points (aka Xpoints) to maximize social media exposure for delegates they believe in is essential to accomplishing this.  Please let me know if you wish to join our team...

*Note*
Beyond Bitcoin does not belong to me...it will someday (hopefully) be owned wholly by the shareholders in the bitshares ecosystem.  I am willing to give this to the community as soon as it is apparent that the community wishes it.  Thank you for listening and I hope you will consider the absolutely essential value of this service to the community.   

Offline JA

• View Profile
Would be great if anyone could create a short (1-2min) YouTube Video and/or a pictorial step by step guide how to vote and whats the difference between the voting options in BitSharesX.  ;D

Cass showed me a quick link for voting at one point.  This link could be used to quickly click and vote for a delegate by simply typing in your password. 

If someone can help me with the code and how do it, I will make a beyond bitcoin video showing precisely how to do it and how to attach it to an image.  We could probably even put them up in the Mumble Server each day that this event goes on to represent each delegate/set of delegates so shareholders can listen in and click on them as soon as they make a decision to vote on one.  You could post those links on your blog afterwards along with the content from the day so those who could not attend live could still listen in and vote as they believe best.  You could then post links to this blog content under your own feed on beyondbitcoinx.net and let people know to visit and propagate it to social media for Xpoints.  A Delegate Election like this would be THE VERY FIRST EVER in Crypto.  This will be Historically Significant so we want to incentivize users to tweet about it, post to facebook...etc.  Let's get Jabba into this discussion and perhaps we can all chat sometime (very soon). 

We also need to come up with a short list of questions to ask delegates, that they all should answer.  This list would likely be best created through an open process on the forums. 

Oh man this is exciting...
the magnet voting link works basicly like this:
btsx:yourdelegate/approve
or better with html
<a href="btsx:yourdelegate/approve">Vote For Me !!1!</a>
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 11:03:07 am by jabbajabba »

Offline fuzzy

Would be great if anyone could create a short (1-2min) YouTube Video and/or a pictorial step by step guide how to vote and whats the difference between the voting options in BitSharesX.  ;D

Cass showed me a quick link for voting at one point.  This link could be used to quickly click and vote for a delegate by simply typing in your password. 

If someone can help me with the code and how do it, I will make a beyond bitcoin video showing precisely how to do it and how to attach it to an image.  We could probably even put them up in the Mumble Server each day that this event goes on to represent each delegate/set of delegates so shareholders can listen in and click on them as soon as they make a decision to vote on one.  You could post those links on your blog afterwards along with the content from the day so those who could not attend live could still listen in and vote as they believe best.  You could then post links to this blog content under your own feed on beyondbitcoinx.net and let people know to visit and propagate it to social media for Xpoints.  A Delegate Election like this would be THE VERY FIRST EVER in Crypto.  This will be Historically Significant so we want to incentivize users to tweet about it, post to facebook...etc.  Let's get Jabba into this discussion and perhaps we can all chat sometime (very soon). 

We also need to come up with a short list of questions to ask delegates, that they all should answer.  This list would likely be best created through an open process on the forums. 

Oh man this is exciting...

Offline fuzzy

Please do not forget that we have a Mumble Server so you can set up your own event for this, invite journalists and other crypto enthusiasts.  Literally anyone in attendance can record the session, which is a wonderful way of advertising the power of the bitshares ecosystem (as well as your blog).

If you are interested...let me know how I can help.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 10:32:02 am by theFuzz »

Offline Fox

Very impressed with the BitsharesX Delegates Report for August 2014.  A wealth of data to support your decision making process. 

Nice work!   +5%
Witness: fox

bitbro

The Uncle Sam/BitShares pic could be developed into something really strong, like a really strong marketing campaign.  Cass? Brian?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline amencon

• View Profile
+5%
We desperately need to find a way to increase vote percentage.
Agree completely.  This sounds like a great initiative and I hope it's successful in getting more people voting and involved with communicating to their delegates what they want to see.

Offline Riverhead

Offline spartako

• View Profile
wallet_account_set_approval spartako

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
BTS committee member:jademont