Author Topic: BTSX 0.4.12 Released - Mandatory Upgrade by Sept. 5 19:00 UTC  (Read 18020 times)

Offline bytemaster

Hu ... on ArchLinux I am getting this internal compiler error:
Code: [Select]
/home/delegate/bitsharesx/libraries/blockchain/chain_database.cpp: In member function 'void bts::blockchain::cha
in_database::open(const fc::path&, fc::optional<fc::path>, std::function<void(float)>)':
/home/delegate/bitsharesx/libraries/blockchain/chain_database.cpp:1145:63: internal compiler error: in calc_dfs_
tree, at dominance.c:401
    } FC_RETHROW_EXCEPTIONS( warn, "", ("data_dir",data_dir) ) }
                                                               ^
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <https://bugs.archlinux.org/> for instructions.
libraries/blockchain/CMakeFiles/bts_blockchain.dir/build.make:570: recipe for target 'libraries/blockchain/CMakeFiles/bts_blockchain.dir/chain_database.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [libraries/blockchain/CMakeFiles/bts_blockchain.dir/chain_database.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:847: recipe for target 'libraries/blockchain/CMakeFiles/bts_blockchain.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [libraries/blockchain/CMakeFiles/bts_blockchain.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:76: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Upgrade GCC and make sure you have plenty of ram.
gcc 4.9.1 ... 6 GB RAM .. seems to be a distribution-related issue :(
Downgrade GCC... 4.8 seems to work.  4.9 seems like it may be too new/buggy. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I am getting more and more used to theses updates for the delegates ... second time in a row I havent missed a single block during update .. yeehha :)

Now that stability has been mostly addressed, we are going to aim for weekly sprints with new features and bug fixes.   We will also be making some "donations" to the delegates to compensate them for the added work they are doing by updating on such a frequent basis.

Please consider what we said the last days about paying "standby delegates"...(at least the top stand-by delegates)
I am sure many of them update their clients regular so they are ready in case they are voted in... It's unfair for them because they are "working" without any payment at all compared with the active one.
Imagine some "hard work" delegates  that are on spots 90-101 and they are standby delegates every now and then... It's an ugly experience!

PS Consider to donate more to low pay-rate delegates. They needed more.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 09:52:38 pm by liondani »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
/home/delegate/bitsharesx/libraries/blockchain/chain_database.cpp: In member function 'void bts::blockchain::cha
in_database::open(const fc::path&, fc::optional<fc::path>, std::function<void(float)>)':
/home/delegate/bitsharesx/libraries/blockchain/chain_database.cpp:1145:63: internal compiler error: in calc_dfs_
                                                               ^
libraries/blockchain/CMakeFiles/bts_blockchain.dir/build.make:570: recipe for target 'libraries/blockchain/CMakeFiles/bts_blockchain.dir/chain_database.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [libraries/blockchain/CMakeFiles/bts_blockchain.dir/chain_database.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:847: recipe for target 'libraries/blockchain/CMakeFiles/bts_blockchain.dir/all' failed

gcc 4.9.1 ... 6 GB RAM .. seems to be a distribution-related issue :(

Offline bytemaster

^

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
                                                               ^

I got that error before in earlier versions, I had to delete the whole directory and use  "git clone", instead of "git pull" to resolve it.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
                                                               ^
seems like I need to run my delegate on the (debian) backup server until this is resolved ... no idea what to do though :(
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 09:47:32 pm by xeroc »

Offline bytemaster

I am getting more and more used to theses updates for the delegates ... second time in a row I havent missed a single block during update .. yeehha :)

Now that stability has been mostly addressed, we are going to aim for weekly sprints with new features and bug fixes.   We will also be making some "donations" to the delegates to compensate them for the added work they are doing by updating on such a frequent basis. 

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline spartako

• View Profile
spartako,spartako1,spartako2 active delegates upgraded to 0.4.12
data field updated to  {"version": "0.4.12"}
btsx_feed_auto.py USD BTC CNY (with 1% update: 'if fabs(change) > 1' )
wallet_account_set_approval spartako

Xeldal

delegate*.xeldal updated 0.4.12
data field updated
auto feeds updated

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
btsx.chinesecommunity
bts.xiaoshan

upgraded to 0.4.12 . Version published also. +5%
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 11:03:09 pm by ripplexiaoshan »
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
*.delegate.xeroc
*.delegate.charity
are compiling! upgrade to be announced in the data field

Offline CalabiYau

calabiyau

neuronics

Upgraded to 0.4.12

Percentage on reindexing - nice :)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
With the Windows Binary on my Win7 machine the splash screen disappeared shortly after the re-index started. The "Setup" task bar item is still there and the harddrive is churning away (BitSharesX32.exe is taking up about 280MB of ram).

I'll update if it comes back after indexing.

I bet it will try to take just about 1000MB
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 08:17:45 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline svk

Delegates, seed node and website client updated.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks