Author Topic: recover transaction  (Read 13230 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
is the syncing finished in the wallet? "getinfo"?
do you see transactions in your history?

run
"wallet_recover_transaction TXID"
for every single TXID again

Offline kisa

• View Profile
maybe you give us a list where you got which stake ... maybe we forget something simple here

please elaborate - i don't understand your question re stakes? i just have one account
previously listed all tx id's showing outflows to unknown from my trading/orders on september 8th...
i had 1000 bitUSD balance, which was bought in 2 tranches of 500,
- then i had open orders to sell 500 bitUSD, short 500bit USD, buy 1 bitBTC and short 1bit BTC, as well as some cancelled orders.
- so my assumption is that 10 outflows of roughly 12500 BTSX each to UNKNOWN could correspond to
2 x  buy 500 bitUSD
2 x BTSX for one short order 500 bitUSD
2 x BTSX for one short order 1 BTC
1 x buy order 1 BTC
... what else? i am not so sure now, maybe it was more open orders... I was just going to experiment and learn how trading works..
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 06:52:15 pm by kisa0145 »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
maybe you give us a list where you got which stake ... maybe we forget something simple here

Offline kisa

• View Profile
- do i have to reimport private keys from PTS snapshot into the existing btsx wallet i created today when reimported BTSX pvt key?
- do i do this under tab "Keys" -> Import Keys from Wallet -> pts_wallet.dat ?
*confirmed*

okay, good news is that PTS key has been sucessfully imported! :)
and that transaction scan started automatically with the balance already showing  funds from GENESIS transfer already ;)

the bad news sofar, is that some 120K BTSX and 1000bitUSD seem still missing... i can try regenerating wallet keys again, but perhaps worth giving devs some time to upgrade to the new version...

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
- do i have to reimport private keys from PTS snapshot into the existing btsx wallet i created today when reimported BTSX pvt key?
*confirmed*

Offline kisa

• View Profile
- now also missing original BTSX funds from GENESIS block / PTS snapshot ;/
Ok .. another shot in the wild:
- have you ever moved ALL your stake to some account name?
If not your will NEED to reimport your wallet/private_keys from the PTS/AGS snapshot!! (they are unlinked/unrelated to your account private key)!!

hey xeroc - never moved all my stake away from kisa0145 account. just experimented with bitsharesX trading one day...
(i also doubt such issue arises just because i registered account on blockchain AFTER importing funds from PTS snapshot?)

« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 06:12:20 pm by kisa0145 »

Offline kisa

• View Profile

First thank you for being such a polite and patient user.

This is a bug that is out of the usual and known solutions.

I *assume* that a new release will fix these issues soon, or the developers will work with you directly to resolve this.  I suppose this should be made into a github issue.

That should be added to the wiki so we can ask people to make bug reports and interact in a more efficient way with the developers.  TBH I'm a developer (not for bitshares, but have wrote code on/off for decades.. ) and I still have not become comfortable with github.  hmm.  Anyway..  rest assured they'll be doing everything they can to fix these things.

thanks gamey for the reassurance :) i will stay patient, and i know most of you skilled guys working hard and doing great job overall. i feel sorry i am a bit of pain with my issue, just hope that this helps devs to improve and protect the product in the end!

- as each transaction generating new one-time-use keys, and if the latest version of the wallet was not backed up, i am hearing that this creates wallet issues...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 06:22:27 pm by kisa0145 »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Ok .. another shot in the wild:
- have you ever moved ALL your stake to some account name?
If not your will NEED to reimport your wallet/private_keys from the PTS/AGS snapshot!! (they are unlinked/unrelated to your account private key)!!

Offline gamey

• View Profile

First thank you for being such a polite and patient user.

This is a bug that is out of the usual and known solutions.

I *assume* that a new release will fix these issues soon, or the developers will work with you directly to resolve this.  I suppose this should be made into a github issue.

That should be added to the wiki so we can ask people to make bug reports and interact in a more efficient way with the developers.  TBH I'm a developer (not for bitshares, but have wrote code on/off for decades.. ) and I still have not become comfortable with github.  hmm.  Anyway..  rest assured they'll be doing everything they can to fix these things. 
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline kisa

• View Profile
danke sehr xeroc for detailed explain.
- renamed BitsharesX in %appdata%
- started client and created an empty wallet
- after blocks synced imported my private key -> wallet has found my account name
- regenerated wallet keys from console -> just one transaction out of 14 total was found
- rescanned blockchain -> no further changes, so now missing all but one transactions
- e.g. wallet_recover_transaction 7b893f41 now returns transaction_not_found

i know there will likely be another resolution, yet i can't help that getting somewhat worried...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 05:37:01 pm by kisa0145 »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
tough one :-|

I just took a look at your first tx .. it seems to be a regular short order. so it should be at the end be listed in "wallet_market_order_list USD BTSX".
If the transaction is not .. the corresponding key might have been "lost" during a upgrade or what ever (maybe database corruption or so) It still is recoverable.

I assume you have a single account and call it "kisa" and that it is registered on the blockchain ... I suggest you try the following:

1) got ton console and dump the private key "wallet_dump_private_key kisa" (write it down .. DO NOT SHARE AT ALL COST!! )
2) shutdown your client
3) go to your %appdata% folder and rename(!!) the whole thing (BitSharesX) -- keep a copy ..
4) open up the client again .. you will be asked to recreate a wallet .. do so .. (use can use the same passphrase)
5) go to console and import your private key from step 1 via "wallet_import_private_key <KEY>" (no further options)
6) your account name "kisa" should reappear in your wallet (probably empty)
7) in console run: "wallet_regenerate_keys kisa 1000"
8) in console run "rescan"

no wait ... takes AT LEAST 30 minutes for the wallet to catch up and resync.
you can check the progress with "getstatus"!

Offline kisa

• View Profile
Have you already tried the suggestions made in
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/RecoveringFunds
?

thanks for coming back xeroc, i really appreciate you looking into this! yes i several times tried
- wallet_regenerate_keys kisa0145 1000 (sometimes with "0" return, but several times completed 100%)
- wallet_recover_transaction 7b893f41 (and other No's)
- wallet_rescan_blockchain (sometimes failing but then completed 100%)
- doing above steps after reinstalling 0.4.12, then 0.4.14
- doing above steps after reimporting my first .json of 24. August
- doing above steps after roaming/bitshares x/wallets folder overwrite from my earlier backups

i am not a tech person, so your support is appreciated - i can't guarantee that i am not messing something up myself, but i tried for several days now. just afraid that if i try to final step of the private key reimport, as you suggest on the other thread (and tonyk suggested earlier), then even transactions to UNKNOWN which give at least some record now, would disappear, while my 1000 bitUSD balance purchased and some 120K BTSX apparently locked in orders on 8th September won't have a good chance of recover? Earlier on this thread I listed ten TXIDs which are showing to UNKNOWN. - is there a way for you or someone from devs to look into particular TXIDs in order to suggest how to proceed or what i am perhaps missing?

« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 11:26:20 am by kisa0145 »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Have you already tried the suggestions made in
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/RecoveringFunds
?

Offline kisa

• View Profile
Is this also not working?
Code: [Select]
wallet_recover_transaction <transaction_id_prefix> [recipient_account]     

Finally you can try this, to see if it returns anything, but do NOT post it (it is indeed you private key):
wallet_dump_private_key ACCOUNTNAME

>> wallet_recover_transaction 7b893f41

returns:

10 assert_exception: Assert Exception
has_deposit:
    {}
    bitshares  wallet.cpp:3315 bts::wallet::wallet::recover_transaction
    {}
    bitshares  wallet.cpp:3374 bts::wallet::wallet::recover_transaction
    {}
    bitshares  common_api_client.cpp:1763 bts::rpc_stubs::common_api_client::wallet_recover_transaction
    {"command":"wallet_recover_transaction"}
    bitshares  cli.cpp:537 bts::cli::detail::cli_impl::execute_command

and in the Transaction #7b893f41 I see -> UNKNOWN, with the details:
Withdraw 1225050000 satoshi amount of asset
 {"type":"ask_op_type","data":{"amount":1225000000,"ask_index":{"order_price":{"ratio":"0.081632653061224496","quote_asset_id":4,"base_asset_id":0},"owner":"BTSX[...]"}}}

- do you suggest i should input WIF Private Key under Keys tab in GUI and then -> "Import Key" with Rescan Blockchain option?

thanks so much for lending support here!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 10:07:58 am by kisa0145 »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Is this also not working?
wallet_recover_transaction <transaction_id_prefix> [recipient_account]     

Finally you can try this, to see if it returns anything, but do NOT post it (it is indeed you private key):
wallet_dump_private_key ACCOUNTNAME
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.