Author Topic: *Bug developers may know* - Windows 8.1 machine not compatible with platform  (Read 2807 times)

Offline yiminh

• View Profile
0.4.12 still has the UNKNOWN bug with messed up balance, will they ever fix that problem?

Quote from yiminh (with 2 slight modifications):

"hehe, this is fun, I'll we'll wait couple of days to see if anyone else  you can figure it out:) "
The UNKNOWN bug is a sideeffect of titan and not really a bug

Check the recoverfunds page on the wiki and rescanning that particular transaction might help

wallet_regenerate_keys fixed the balance for me:) I'll just forget the unknown things for now.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
0.4.12 still has the UNKNOWN bug with messed up balance, will they ever fix that problem?

"hehe, this is fun, I'll we'll wait couple of days to see if anyone else  you can figure it out:) "
The UNKNOWN bug is a sideeffect of titan and not really a bug

Check the recoverfunds page on the wiki and rescanning that particular transaction might help

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Will there be a version with all Windows compatibility?

Offline onceuponatime

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
I have a Windows 8 laptop (64-BIT intel CPU); that I run Bitshares X on.  I downloaded and installed the 64-bit version of 4.12 BitsharesX but when I ran it, it would not work.  It gave me an error that I did not understand.  After that I uninstalled the 64-bit version of Bitshares X 4.12, I downloaded and installed the 32-bit version of Bitshares X.  After installation was completed, I ran the 32-bit version and it worked.  At this point, it is reindexing (31% complete as of this post).  It seems that the 32-bit version of BTSX 4.12 wallet for a Win8 computer works and the 64-bit version does not work.  That was the situation for me.

I had the same issues on Win 7x64.  First I downloaded the file on bitshares-x.info and it told me I was using the wrong version.  Then I tried the 64 bit Windows version on github.  That didn't work either.  Finally, the 32 bit version on github with the same name as the file on the website worked for me. The website should list 32 bit and 64 versions.
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline jae208

• View Profile
The 32-bit version of the Bitshares X 4.12 version wallet just finished re-indexing and it ran smoothly with no issues at all on my Windows 8 laptop.  I recommend using the 32-bit version of BTSX 4.12 if the 64-bit version does not work with a Win8 computer.

where do you download the 32-bit version from?

I downloaded the 32-bit version from the following link:

https://github.com/dacsunlimited/bitsharesx/releases/tag/0.4.12

click on the "BitShares X-0.4.12.exe" button to download the 32-bit version.

thank you :)
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline yiminh

• View Profile

Offline Cryptofreakoutlaw31

• View Profile
The 32-bit version of the Bitshares X 4.12 version wallet just finished re-indexing and it ran smoothly with no issues at all on my Windows 8 laptop.  I recommend using the 32-bit version of BTSX 4.12 if the 64-bit version does not work with a Win8 computer.

I downloaded the 32-bit version from the following link:

https://github.com/dacsunlimited/bitsharesx/releases/tag/0.4.12

click on the "BitShares X-0.4.12.exe" button to download the 32-bit version.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 03:35:11 am by Cryptofreakoutlaw31 »

Offline jae208

• View Profile

http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

• View Profile

• View Profile
I have a Windows 8 laptop (64-BIT intel CPU); that I run Bitshares X on.  I downloaded and installed the 64-bit version of 4.12 BitsharesX but when I ran it, it would not work.  It gave me an error that I did not understand.  After that I uninstalled the 64-bit version of Bitshares X 4.12, I downloaded and installed the 32-bit version of Bitshares X.  After installation was completed, I ran the 32-bit version and it worked.  At this point, it is reindexing (31% complete as of this post).  It seems that the 32-bit version of BTSX 4.12 wallet for a Win8 computer works and the 64-bit version does not work.  That was the situation for me. 

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Windows 8.1 - bitsharesx platform compatibility
CPU - AMD Fx(tm) 6300 Six-Core Processor 3.50Ghz
GB - 20gigabytes
64-bit Operating System x64-based processor

This app can't run on your PC
to find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher.

Im trying to upload a picture that says the stuff but I dont know how.