Author Topic: Is Bytemaster Satoshi??! :)  (Read 9178 times)

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Bytemaster did admit that he was trying to invent the first crypto-currency around the same time that Bitcoin appeared :)

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
Would not be surprised to find out one day that it was bytemaster all along...  8)

I take that as an insult....

And why is that?
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Would not be surprised to find out one day that it was bytemaster all along...  8)

I take that as an insult....

Offline bitrose

• ROSE
    • View Profile
    • rose
Please Vote : x.ebit , rose.ebit
http://www.roseebit.com

Offline Markus

• View Profile
Yes, I think we should start calling Bitcoin "BitShares 0.1".

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

Probably not a good idea to start this rumor. The mainstream media is dumb enough to believe it.

Look the guy is only comparing BM  to his contribution with relative to cryto currency/equity. Its not a rumor. Its an honor as far as my opinion.   Such as smart a guy does not need to bother not so serious comments as this . Go back to the technical drawing board where you make your "smart opinions" are  belong. We as investors, from time to time need commentary of OP such as this to lessen stress of LIFE.

That is fine and people who know what Bitshares is already know the contributions BM has made.

The mainstream media spreads ignorance and will twist it around into something not so good if BM is associated with Satoshi Nakamoto.

BM should be recognized as an individual and as the founder/lead developer behind Bitshares.

BM has a chance to be greater than Satoshi Nakamoto and the technology behind Bitshares may actually be of an even bigger impact.

The question is how will the mainstream media perceive of things? We have to be careful dealing with the media and as Bitshares X and the people involved with it become famous there will be a need to figure out how to manage the media attention.

I mention this because I see a trend in the press releases: example http://bitshares.org/bitshares-savings-joins-bitcoin-checking/ which if continued I think could come to haunt the Bitshares community. In many press releases we see talk about how Bitshares X is based on Bitcoin, or Bitcoin is casually dropped into it. In reality at this point Bitshares X code isn't similar to Bitcoin anymore and Bitcoin is only being dropped in so that the Bitcoin community or people looking up Bitcoin on Google can find Bitshares.

At some point though the true facts have to be known. At some point it may be necessary to disassociate and distinguish from Bitcoin if we truly believe that Proof of Work is unsustainable. If we believe Proof of Work is unsustainable then it is likely Bitcoin itself is unsustainable and if it falls apart do we want to be married to it?

So instead of saying Bitshares is Bitcoin 2.0 or a version of Bitcoin we should say Bitshares is something unique in and of itself. It borrows from blockchain technology but it is distinct from Bitcoin. We could say BM is inspired by and has communicated with Satoshi Nakamoto but is a distinct individual from Satoshi Nakamoto.

Probably not a good idea to start this rumor. The mainstream media is dumb enough to believe it.

If bytemaster did not mind the press, it would be a great marketing ploy.

The media machine is not the machine to play with. The mainstream media in particular has not been very friendly to Bitcoin. You of all people who say the Bitshares community must be aware of it's enemies ought to know that the main enemies of the Bitcoin community (or Bitshares) if there are any will attack through disinformation using the mainstream media.

As a result we see all sorts of articles which associate Bitcoin with organized crime, drugs, as if the only people using Bitcoin as those elements. As a result the mainstream society doesn't trust Satoshi Nakamoto or like the concept of Satoshi Nakamoto because they associate it with something shady. This is something BM can avoid because his identity is known and anyone can check his background to see he is honorable.

But it also means the Bitshares community will have to establish very strong ties with the media and right now the Bitshares community is lacking these ties. The mainstream media has not given Bitshares much attention, not even an interview. The alternative media has given very limited attention, so if you consider Alex Jones or Max Keiser the alternative media then they haven't interviewed anyone from the Bitshares community so far.

It will be very important in my opinion for BM to eventually figure out how to develop a mainstream media presence for the Bitshares community as well as an alternative media presence. Different messages and talking points will have to be given to different media outlets based on the audiences.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 06:02:20 am by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile

Look the guy is only comparing BM  to his contribution with relative to cryto currency/equity. Its not a rumor. Its an honor as far as my opinion.   Such as smart a guy does not need to bother not so serious comments as this . Go back to the technical drawing board where you make your "smart opinions" are  belong. We as investors, from time to time need commentary of OP such as this to lessen stress of LIFE.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

If bytemaster did not mind the press, it would be a great marketing ploy.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
>>> approve bitcoiners