Author Topic: Purchasing Identities...and loss of future DAC buy-in?  (Read 5738 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I see.  It only matters if we want to pay for a special designation...

Something to think about.  Is there a huge difference in how much it helps to purchase a special designation as opposed to mining new names into existence?

It is just a way to recognize and honor those who helped make Keyhotee possible for everybody by contributing to the cause. 

It may increment your reputation a small amount, like any other single act of public service.  It just happens to be recognized in a unique, never to be repeated way that is permanently etched in the Keyhotee Genesis Block.  Perhaps like having your name carved in the cornerstone of an important building.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline fuzzy

I see.  It only matters if we want to pay for a special designation...

Something to think about.  Is there a huge difference in how much it helps to purchase a special designation as opposed to mining new names into existence?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
When we purchase an identity within the project keyhotee DAC system...does that mean we forgo all future shares in DAC's related to them?  How does this aspect work?

When Keyhotee is released on New Year's Day, ordinary IDs will be mined into existence at no cost other than a small proof of work it performs behind the scenes for you.  It will have no effect on your share balance in anything.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline fuzzy

When we purchase an identity within the project keyhotee DAC system...does that mean we forgo all future shares in DAC's related to them?  How does this aspect work?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D