Author Topic: PTS network stalled??  (Read 2057 times)

Offline testz

Re: PTS network stalled??
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 06:40:30 pm »
So, I thought I'd just refresh the software and chains, and I come to Bitshares-PTS and although I can see ~8 connections I get no download.

Are there chain servers out there to jump start this? Has the network stalled in some way or should I just wait a long while for it to catch up? I'm aware there are perhaps few miners at the moment - (are there any?) - but I would have expected nodes enough that the current chain was available to new nodes?

What am I missing? Is there an option for those stuck with qt-wallets to import private keys to an exchange, if only to demonstrate that the PTS network has confidence?

I'm not sure I understand how a network can have no seed nodes obvious and still that miners can rejoin.. how does the wallet or a miner know how long the chain is? Would that not spawn forks?

Be patient and wait BitShares PTS get synced.

Offline davidpbrown

PTS network stalled??
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 06:33:46 pm »
So, I thought I'd just refresh the software and chains, and I come to Bitshares-PTS and although I can see ~8 connections I get no download.

Are there chain servers out there to jump start this? Has the network stalled in some way or should I just wait a long while for it to catch up? I'm aware there are perhaps few miners at the moment - (are there any?) - but I would have expected nodes enough that the current chain was available to new nodes?

What am I missing? Is there an option for those stuck with qt-wallets to import private keys to an exchange, if only to demonstrate that the PTS network has confidence?

I'm not sure I understand how a network can have no seed nodes obvious and still that miners can rejoin.. how does the wallet or a miner know how long the chain is? Would that not spawn forks?
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc