Author Topic: About wallet_publish_version command  (Read 5043 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Yeah.. it's only 1.5 cents at the moment, I see no problem with this.. I'm assuming it's in place to prevent malicious delegates from spamming the network with thousands of version number updates or something..
not only that .. EVERY account name can update its 'data' field .. its not delegate-related .. to update theses fields you need a transaction .. to make the transaction free for delegates the software and the network would have to 'parse' those transactions and interpret (is it a version update, is it for a delegate) .. this is simply not worth the cents .. further delegates get a pay .. so they should have enough btsx to pay those .. in the short and the long term

Offline cryptillionaire

• View Profile
Yeah.. it's only 1.5 cents at the moment, I see no problem with this.. I'm assuming it's in place to prevent malicious delegates from spamming the network with thousands of version number updates or something..

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
that version update will almost certainly always cost the transaction fee ... $1.5c currently .. delegates only NEED to update for hardforks .. if price goes to mars or even pluto transaction fees can be lowerd ..

Offline king

• View Profile
About wallet_publish_version command, when used, will cost 0.5BTSX, I think it is not very reasonable!
version of the delegate node, can automatically publish the wallet? And without cost?
BTSX Account: mister
BTSX Delegate :sun.delegate.service,moon.delegate.service