Author Topic: This could happen to bitshares - Article - Read  (Read 3339 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Moderator, please move this thread to "off topic".

Offline GaltReport

Uber is a service with centralization and traceability of actors.  It has little relation to what is being done here.  I don't particularly see the relevance except both being internet based. 

I agree with Xeroc.  Off topic.

If you had an idea about how Uber could be decentralized and avoid protectionism/crony capitalism etc then that'd be a great conversation.

This is important because of the following

1) Government regulation coming down on an innovation causing them not to go into a market.  (take away for us: being prepared against regulation, something im nailing into the heads of everyone, and hopefully BM)
2) An innovation similar to us it being an innovation and we being an innovation.
3) no 3.

Where is the offtopic forum?

Off topic = Random discussion at bottom of top section.

Everyone here who has been around and "gets it" knows what can happen.  This is just another example that is vaguely applicable.

Government has also been going after b2b but decentralization is obviously not going to fix that.  Thats not news to the aware people here.

Here is the basic problem with this thread.  This whole ecosystem (Bitshares) has been based around avoiding intervention by third parties.  It isn't just being trustless, but about being immune to malevolent and protectionist entities.  You come around saying you need to "nail into BM's head" something that he has spent years thinking about and designing around.  Does that not strike you as an utter and complete waste of his time at this point and the rest of the community ?

I really am not trying to be a dick, but I get the feeling that if people don't say "wooah slow it down buddy", you will not even attempt to filter your posts.  Every post that you make that provides no humor/info (value) is a waste of dozens of people's time.

If you want to be helpful and make infographics and market bitshares, then PLEASE do so.  Bitshares can use anyone who does this.   So in that regard I want you to stick around and be helpful.

Personally, there are times I start making a post, then I realize... Gamey, you really have nothing to contribute.  I then click the back arrow and avoid wasting the time of others.  Maybe consider that ?

Your post per day ratio is likely 3x the next person.  Please take this into consideration.

+5%

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Hi eagleeye,

Please don't be nationalist as this is global forum and we don't judge each other based on the race or nationality.

Kind Regards
aloha  :)

How am I nationalist I am Canadian.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
So I am now officially out of THIS discussion ... have better things to do

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
Hi eagleeye,

Please don't be nationalist as this is global forum and we don't judge each other based on the race or nationality.

Kind Regards
aloha  :)

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Uber is a service with centralization and traceability of actors.  It has little relation to what is being done here.  I don't particularly see the relevance except both being internet based. 

If you had an idea about how Uber could be decentralized and avoid protectionism/crony capitalism etc then that'd be a great conversation.

1) Government regulation coming down on an innovation causing them not to go into a market.  (take away for us: being prepared against regulation, something im nailing into the heads of everyone, and hopefully BM)
2) An innovation similar to us it being an innovation and we being an innovation.
3) no 3.

Everyone here who has been around and "gets it" knows what can happen.  This is just another example that is vaguely applicable.

Government has also been going after b2b but decentralization is obviously not going to fix that.  Thats not news to the aware people here.

Here is the basic problem with this thread.  This whole ecosystem (Bitshares) has been based around avoiding intervention by third parties.  It isn't just being trustless, but about being immune to malevolent and protectionist entities.  You come around saying you need to "nail into BM's head" something that he has spent years thinking about and designing around.  Does that not strike you as an utter and complete waste of his time at this point and the rest of the community ?

I really am not trying to be a dick, but I get the feeling that if people don't say "wooah slow it down buddy", you will not even attempt to filter your posts.  Every post that you make that provides no humor/info (value) is a waste of dozens of people's time.

If you want to be helpful and make infographics and market bitshares, then PLEASE do so.  Bitshares can use anyone who does this.   So in that regard I want you to stick around and be helpful.

Personally, there are times I start making a post, then I realize... Gamey, you really have nothing to contribute.  I then click the back arrow and avoid wasting the time of others.  Maybe consider that ?

Your post per day ratio is likely 3x the next person.  Please take this into consideration.

In the beginning they thought I was some jl777 guy.  Maybe I am Satoshi?  I am not but if my posts are so useless.  You being so worldly wise I assume, go answer the questions in this post https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=8812.0  Instead of trying to be another German gangster to your cohort xeroc.  It seems like you guys with lots of post counts (excluding the moderators and THE Bytemaster) are worried I may overtake your lead in some fascination of who has the bigger di*k.  In the end it does not matter, all that matters is to win!

Oh ya btw, I said nailing to everyones head.  Because regulation is going to come after us, you will see.  It sucks being a prophet especially when you could lose 50% in a day.  I just hope for your sack you are not leveraged with a house, kids, job in Germany where the Russian and Pan-European economies are slowing down causing Germany to be the workhorse, for how long, who knows?

P.S.

The german gangster never really prospered much.  You got to watch out for the Russian and Jewish ones, and the Russian Jewish ones.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

3) no 3.

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

3) no 3.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 07:24:40 am by eagleeye »

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I am not from the US .. and in my country Uber is forbidden by law .. so ..

Your probably from Germany as I could tell from your voice and name, is this correct?

Very astute uhh but still not on topic.  :)

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

Your probably from Germany as I could tell from your voice and name, is this correct?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
... sure .. but it does not fit into "general discussions" .. either go for marketing .. or offtopic

This does not go under marketing and it could go under offtopic.  But General Discussion is general discussion buddy.

Instead of being the first post and criticising where it should go, why not comment on it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
... sure .. but it does not fit into "general discussions" .. either go for marketing .. or offtopic