Author Topic: Market order stuck pending [0.4.14][RESOLVED]  (Read 2119 times)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
It was returned to the account like the order was never placed. Sorry i didn't clarify that.

That's the usual behavior of the 'long pending orders', in my experience (although my experience has been with orders pending for minutes, not hours)[in previous versions]. Pretty sure it is not GUI issue.

It is up to you keep the title as [resolved], but it is not in my book- if that is indeed what happened.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 03:22:17 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline robrigo

It was returned to the account like the order was never placed. Sorry i didn't clarify that.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
No idea why, but I logged into my wallet today and the "stuck" transaction finally updated! So I am guessing there is no bug in the market here, but rather it was a GUI issue. Which makes sense based on the fact that the commands above didn't recognize any transactions as pending. It was confusing because I had rescanned twice without it showing the correct balance as well as restarted the wallet client a few times.

the "stuck" transaction finally updated

Do you mean it appeared as pending order, or just that the BTSX were returned to the account like the order was never placed?
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline robrigo

No idea why, but I logged into my wallet today and the "stuck" transaction finally updated! So I am guessing there is no bug in the market here, but rather it was a GUI issue. Which makes sense based on the fact that the commands above didn't recognize any transactions as pending. It was confusing because I had rescanned twice without it showing the correct balance as well as restarted the wallet client a few times.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 01:46:02 pm by robrigo »

Offline robrigo

Code: [Select]
wallet_market_order_list USD BTSX?

No dice.

>> wallet_market_order_list USD BTSX

No market orders found.

Offline bytemaster

wallet_market_order_list USD BTSX?
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline robrigo

Seeing some weird behavior with a market order stuck in "pending". Basically I submitted the order, but realized that my client wasn't syncing (from messing around with the market maker script on the CLI using the same data-dir). So I regenerated everything in said data-dir (by renaming) except for the "wallets" dir, restarted the client, and re-synced the blockchain. Doing so left that market order "in limbo", where I can't see it as pending in the Open Orders screen, but I can see under my account transaction history that it is still pending.

I've tried the steps following the steps listed here: http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/RecoveringFunds

>> blockchain_list_pending_transactions

No pending transactions.

>> wallet_market_cancel_order c1cac1ca

20011 unknown_market_order: unknown market order
Cannot find that market order!
    {}
    bitshares  wallet.cpp:4422 cancel_market_order

{"order_id":"c1cac1ca00000000000000000000000000000000"}
    bitshares  wallet.cpp:4503 cancel_market_order

{}
    bitshares  common_api_client.cpp:1539 wallet_market_cancel_order

{"command":"wallet_market_cancel_order"}
    bitshares  cli.cpp:537 execute_command

>> wallet_recover_transaction c1cac1ca

20022 transaction_not_found: transaction not found
Transaction not found!
    {"transaction_id_prefix":"c1cac1ca"}
    bitshares  wallet.cpp:5573 get_transaction

{}
    bitshares  wallet.cpp:3374 recover_transaction

{}
    bitshares  common_api_client.cpp:1763 wallet_recover_transaction

{"command":"wallet_recover_transaction"}
    bitshares  cli.cpp:537 execute_command

Has anyone else had to deal with market transactions stuck in pending?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 01:43:17 pm by robrigo »