Author Topic: Why was https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=8818.0 locked  (Read 2996 times)

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
I see someone unlocked the thread. Thanks whoever you are!
However I saw no explanation why the topic was locked. If it was an error a simple "oops sorry" would be enough.
I also cannot see who locked the topic so I can ask him privately about that.
I also did not get any response whatsoever.

Which rises some questions:
Am I posting in the right thread?
Who owns the forum?
Where are the forum rules ?
Who decides if a post/topic should be moderated? What criteria is used about that?

PS: If there is an admin here please feel free to move this topic anywhere applicable.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I personally think that:

Check the fucking forum every 3rd day and delete/close a random thread there, is the best we can hope/pray for, from any forum operator.

After all checking it more regularly will not help them in their troubles to install the delegate software... so why bother...
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is fucking 12:44 in Kosovo.....

Anybody care to read 'their' forum?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 09:45:34 am by tonyk »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Additionally I feel particularly bad as the last post in the thread is a post of mine:

'bump'

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I'm guessing it was locked because the discussion was getting confusing and a little argumentative.

This is why when I make any moderately complicated proposal on this forum, I put it on Github as version-controlled Markdown files.

You are  being ridiculous ...

Do  you have ANY IDEA the kind of outrageous stuff I personally (and others) have posted on this forum ??? -My post have been ridiculed by tenths and tenths of posters. There also has been claims by the LTB founder that I3 owns 40 to 99% of all BTSX... Even such hugely damaging and obviously baseless accusations  have been let stay...

Give me a break, this thread was ... just a talk.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 09:03:16 am by tonyk »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
There currently is no board moderator for that sub forum .. so it has to be a global moderator/administrator who locked it ..

I don't like it being locked without notice! That just sucks!!

Offline emski

• View Profile
I'm guessing it was locked because the discussion was getting confusing and a little argumentative.

This is why when I make any moderately complicated proposal on this forum, I put it on Github as version-controlled Markdown files.

That was exactly what I was fixing when it was locked.
I wrote much simpler and cleaner explanation and summary which took some time...
And now I lost it...
Anyway the beach is waiting for me... I hope I'll find some time to recreate it when possible.

Offline theoretical

BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
weird...

who is the moderator of  'Bank & Exchange' sub-forum?

I have no reason to think it is cob... :).  He is pretty trigger happy guy, I just hope for his own good, he does not own a real gun.

I hope it  is just  Bitsapphire having fat fingers and clicking on the wrong button.....

Offline emski

• View Profile
I was going to update the summary of the initial post as it was referring to original proposal and not the updates (that were significant).
However I saw it locked without explanation.
Can I ask why?
Here is the topic in question:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=8818.0