Author Topic: lets get bitUSD on coinmarketcap.com  (Read 5194 times)

Offline Markus

• View Profile
And it's up! bitUSD, bitBTC and bitCNY :)

http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/views/all/

Cool, great work!
Now we just need to persuade him to enable customising the base unit of the price chart. Currently there's only market cap in USD or price in BTC. Neither will reflect the peg of BitUSD or BitCNY.

Offline svk

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 08:03:44 am by Mysto »

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
We just need to make them change the title of the column from 'Market Cup' to 'Total Value of Units in Circulation'...

Yes - I like the idea of "outstanding interest" and listed on the "assets" page.

I'm just a little worried about btsx running up in price, people closing out their positions to get some of the gains, and the coinmarketcap value "crashing." That crash doesn't really mean anything since no value left the bitshares system, it just rearranged itself. I'm worried it would be negative PR for what actually is a positive event (re-balancing and more people making money than before the re-balance)
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline matt608

• View Profile
bitUSD should definitely go on coinmarketcap, whether it goes on the main currencies page or in the assets section doesn't really matter.  I made a request.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 05:08:26 pm by matt608 »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I'm very much of the opinion that no bit asset should be on coinmarket cap, since there is no such thing as a bitasset market capitalization (except that it is backed by collatoral BTSX). bitUSD/bitAsset market cap is already included in btsx. Technically, if you get a bit asset on coinmarket cap (which doesn't really make sense, it's more of an OI than a market cap), you also should subtract the corresponding value from btsx's market cap.

Here, I tend to take the position that doing it the way you're describing, though technically correct, is way more hair-splitting than it needs to be. In my view, the point of CMC is cheap publicity and bragging rights, not nitty-gritty details.

Sure, bitAssets are categorically different from assets on other platforms, but we want it to play in the same space as other cryptos, and getting it listed on CMC would increase its visibility. Right now people mostly think it's pixie dust that's "supposed to prediction market peg what?" If people had a chance to publicly watch the OI of BitUSD grow while maintaining a constant share price around $1, that would be money in our bank.

I agree with this
Yep it is very different and does not technically fit in with the rest but it needs to go somewhere and it would be good for people to see the growth in the number of bitUSD in circulation.

We just need to make them change the title of the column from 'Market Cup' to 'Total Value of Units in Circulation'...
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
I'm very much of the opinion that no bit asset should be on coinmarket cap, since there is no such thing as a bitasset market capitalization (except that it is backed by collatoral BTSX). bitUSD/bitAsset market cap is already included in btsx. Technically, if you get a bit asset on coinmarket cap (which doesn't really make sense, it's more of an OI than a market cap), you also should subtract the corresponding value from btsx's market cap.

Here, I tend to take the position that doing it the way you're describing, though technically correct, is way more hair-splitting than it needs to be. In my view, the point of CMC is cheap publicity and bragging rights, not nitty-gritty details.

Sure, bitAssets are categorically different from assets on other platforms, but we want it to play in the same space as other cryptos, and getting it listed on CMC would increase its visibility. Right now people mostly think it's pixie dust that's "supposed to prediction market peg what?" If people had a chance to publicly watch the OI of BitUSD grow while maintaining a constant share price around $1, that would be money in our bank.

I agree with this
Yep it is very different and does not technically fit in with the rest but it needs to go somewhere and it would be good for people to see the growth in the number of bitUSD in circulation.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

I agree with this
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
The bitUSD is NOT a coin but an asset that should therefor be listed on the assets page of cmc ..
I guess the google form is not yet up-to-date to that change

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Please make out requests for bitUSD to be placed on coinmarketcap.com
The link for the form is:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1IZf5cBivam_93zENT_arFFuvWDidHGjWxoTMVmFSoWg/formResponse

It should show up at around position 50. It would be cool to see the dollar price for a bitUSD as being $1. I'm sure that would attract a lot of attention  :D
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 08:40:09 pm by MrJeans »