Author Topic: should we comment on that bitshares incident at /r/namecoin?  (Read 3778 times)

Offline mdw

• View Profile
I agree with the previous posters. That post is inflammatory, and replying with emotional responses will surely not have any benefit. Bickering will reflect badly on all participants. Unless of course someone has factual knowledge of what exactly happened, in which case it might be appropriate to set the record straight.

I think most people understand that on reddit, and the Internet in general, there are always gonna be a small number of people whose goal is simply to stir up trouble. The best thing IMO for BitsharesDNS is for everyone to just stay focused.
"A good friend will always stab you in the front." - Oscar Wilde

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
I personally wouldn't comment on any of this, as it seems there's a lot of hatred toward Bitshares DNS in that comment and anything said by any person representing Bitshares would only feed that hatred. IF (I would be very surprised, but we never know) anyone from the Bitshares community has done any of those things, it is condemnable. If accusations/bashing toward the Bitshares team still continue to come from Namecoin's people, then I think it needs to be addressed, but replying angrily won't lead to anything good IMHO.

As the Bitshares DACs gain more and more traction, it's clear that those kind of accusations/bashing will be much more frequent from several more angles as it will definitely bother people that only want to "protect" their interests, whichever they are. It's only human nature after all.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Who has made that post about BTS DNS and where is it?

It is idiotic to just claim that you have a better solution and attack the current solution by saying it is inferior! I am thankful for the marketing perspectives bitmarket and methodox have brought in here lately.

I wouldn't be too sure this happened, unless someone just hates namecoin already. After that post the mod has pretty much put it in the head of their followers that no discussion of Bitshares DNS etc will happen. Who knows what really happened, but analyze it by motivations and proof. 

There were 8 copy-pastas on the main dev sticky (all written by an unknown coward who removed his association with them immediately upon posting) written in a cult-like call-to-action-esque format trying to advertise bitshares DNS (and looking incredibly desperate in doing so).

What does this even mean ?  "who removed his association with them immediately upon posting" ?  How can you do this in reddit ?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 02:44:57 pm by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Who has made that post about BTS DNS and where is it?

It is idiotic to just claim that you have a better solution and attack the current solution by saying it is inferior! I am thankful for the marketing perspectives bitmarket and methodox have brought in here lately.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 11:08:13 am by delulo »

38PTSWarrior

We have to send a message of love to Namecoin and show them in this thread that we do not support such activities of destruction. Build the bridge so we can enjoy the fruits of hour work together.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
We ask that you not bother wasting your time retaliating to this attack. .....
Your efforts are much better spent working on future Namecoin DNS DAC's development and testing the developer's new softwares *1 so that we can improve our infrastructure.

After deleting some misinformed parts and changing some names... It became something that is not that bad....

*1 softwares - I am not totally sure what that is but it does sound pretty comfy. If it comes from Apple I will totally buy it. :)

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
http://www.reddit.com/r/Namecoin/comments/2gonc5/psa_keep_calm_and_report_spam/

Did it actually happen?  Seems unlikely that anyone would bother to do that.  DNS DAC hasn't even been released and is still in testing.  It is a great way to make the DNS DAC guys into "evil bad guys" if you read the OP.  I find it hard to believe that someone actually did that though.
I speak for myself and only myself.