Author Topic: Big Bitshares marketing push?  (Read 5985 times)

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
When I first came here many of us were freaking out........
Their were no DAC's released, btsx was way past deadline, and there seemed to be a complete lack of any kind of hype.  One by one I3 came and assured us things were being worked on and that they were stepping closer to a release.  Postings of another failed IPO started to circulate and moral seemed to be at all time low.

A product has now been released and guess what, it works. Brain is posting more then ever, new updates are released weekly for btsx, bugs are being sorted and the market is being adjusted to find the best fit. The team is producing so lets support them and give them time. They have gotten us this far I see no reason to doubt them. I am hoping that the marketing push will run during or after a event where bitshares is in the limelight or once the devs give him the nod and say it's ready.

Don't let this short term drop in price rattle your resolve.

Offline Riverhead

Something to keep in mind that Peter Thiel always talks about:

"It's better to be last and right; than first and wrong."

Apple is a prime example of this. Like them or not their is no arguing with their success.

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
I can assure you all, it's moving forward.  We need to time this correctly with all the work the dev team is doing to fix bugs, iron out bitUSD, and update the GUI (a huge project in itself). Bytemaster asked us to pump the brakes a bit on it as this is going on...  The marketing side is also quite complex on the back end, but is nearing completion.  Please be patient, there's absolutely no reason me or any of us would want to delay it a day longer than necessary....  :)  B

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
With regard to marketing there is no need to hurry as there is no real competition to race against.

The Bitshares branding trumps all else - Nxt/Nubits/Counterparty etc. can't really compete as they have to overcome the 'what the heck is Nxt?' barrier.

Bitcoin -> Bitshares is such a huge advantage that the devs can well afford the time needed to get the platform in top shape.

I would go further and propose it is actually advantageous to lie low for a while.

The devs have received enormously valuable feedback on the market mechanics and platform.

They are incredibly nimble in adapting and capitalizing on new opportunities.

The better way to look at this situation is that every day the devs advance the platform they also realize more value for BTSX shareholders.

Fully agree!  I am so impressed with this team, incredibly nimble to say the least! ;)

And every day the devs advance the platform, BTSX shareholders concerned with outreach can further sharpen their marketing and adoption stratagems.  If we keep growing at the grassroots level now it will pay dividends when the real momentum begins!  I am personally working to develop language and media which simplifies all this and removes as many barriers to entry as possible.  A lot of this is just happening organically as more people get informed and involved.  I think the waiting and the refinements are to great long term advantage.

Personally I'm getting schooled on the daily in economics and finance!  There is no short amount of brilliance at work here, and I feel privileged to be anywhere near this profoundly multifaceted conversation.  Paradigm shifts take time, and then appear to 'happen' all of a sudden. :)

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

Something to keep in mind that Peter Thiel always talks about:

"It's better to be last and right; than first and wrong."

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
We have time friends.  As long as we are the innovators we may loose the initial marketing blitz hype from being new but that means if we did not keep innovating or releasing great features we would essential be a pump and dump.

We have time....maybe a month before innovators catch up to us maybe longer.

Offline oldman

• View Profile
With regard to marketing there is no need to hurry as there is no real competition to race against.

The Bitshares branding trumps all else - Nxt/Nubits/Counterparty etc. can't really compete as they have to overcome the 'what the heck is Nxt?' barrier.

Bitcoin -> Bitshares is such a huge advantage that the devs can well afford the time needed to get the platform in top shape.

I would go further and propose it is actually advantageous to lie low for a while.

The devs have received enormously valuable feedback on the market mechanics and platform.

They are incredibly nimble in adapting and capitalizing on new opportunities.

The better way to look at this situation is that every day the devs advance the platform they also realize more value for BTSX shareholders.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Thank goodness we don't have many "We lost a game. Fire the coach!" types in here. Most posters care about the common good and know this is a long term project.

Offline Riverhead

Considering the relatively small audience of the crypto world versus the majority of the market players that will be interested in BitSharesX and the other DACs that use the bitshares_toolkit I think the novelty clock hasn't started ticking yet. Sure, that new car smell has worn off for those that frequent bitcointalk but that's OK.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
I definitely see both sides of this. On the one hand, you've got a limited window of opportunity to leverage the momentum created by BTSXs novelty. On the other hand, they want to display BTSX at its best. If they do a big marketing push and something breaks, that's very bad.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

the momentum won't wait......if you lose this wave it's gone.  And this one is one BIG wave created by the attention received due to the recent product release.

You haven't seen anything yet. Just wait a bit. This product is still in Beta. They're going to make it REALLY simple for average people to use, far simpler than anything we've seen so far in the crypto space. And then you'll see an unprecedented marketing onslaught. If you want more, then listen to this interview:

https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/brian-page-8-27-2014

Offline johncitizen

• View Profile
I would like to know what is planned for this big marketing move. There is little information.

A word from Brian would be great.

Offline James212

• View Profile
what do you mean by "marketing push"

I understand that there was to be a big marketing effort surrounding the release of BitsharesX.  As I understand it, this effort is being held back pending stabilization of the software.  However I don't think we can hold off forever without losing the momentum gain from the initial release.  This will be unfortunate, it is one time only, that one is able to capitalize on the novelty and attention that a new product release receives.

I havent heard of that marketing move, but i do agree that there is such thing as a momentum that you have to catch, though on the other hand you cant let people use a software that isnt perfect and expect them to buy in masses

I agree with you.  It's a delicate balance which we have to keep in mind.  But the point is that the momentum won't wait......if you lose this wave it's gone.  And this one is a BIG wave created by the attention received due to the recent product release. 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 08:10:29 pm by James212 »
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline Riverhead

When the client and markets are working correctly. Currently the client is going through bug fix iterations and BM just posted up a big thread about some proposed changes to market mechanics.

Until that's all sorted and locked down it doesn't make sense to have a big marketing push.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9029.0;topicseen

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
what do you mean by "marketing push"

I understand that there was to be a big marketing effort surrounding the release of BitsharesX.  As I understand it, this effort is being held back pending stabilization of the software.  However I don't think we can hold off forever without losing the momentum gain from the initial release.  This will be unfortunate, it is one time only, that one is able to capitalize on the novelty and attention that a new product release receives.

I havent heard of that marketing move, but i do agree that there is such thing as a momentum that you have to catch, though on the other hand you cant let people use a software that isnt perfect and expect them to buy in masses
btsx - bitsharesrussia