Author Topic: Downloading Blockchain with 0.4.16. So slow..  (Read 2792 times)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

I'm seeing an issue with 4.16 also.

It's not the performance, in general, it screams.

But there seems to be some kind of state when issues arise.  I have the highest end brand new computer, but occasionally the block downloading seems to start getting behind, and once this happens, it's as if it can't keep up, and gets further behind, every time there is a new block, or something.  Can't seem to isolate more info that that, at this time, but I'll keep watching it.

Not in any way complaining, this is all brilliant stuff, just reporting issues in hopes that they might be easier to find and fix.

Oh, and when will the commands to monitor what shares have been voted be fixed.  Is there anything I can do to help get them working?

Just to point out, if you are downloading/using 0.4.16,  it will soon  not be the latest version (it is not as we speak, btw)... not that the next version will meet all of your high expectations, but just saying....

I myself am fighting the good fight (in my view). And the point I am trying to make is that the main focus should be to have a bare minimum product... for which I get not much, but ridicule... but I am starting to go off topic.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

I'm seeing an issue with 4.16 also.

It's not the performance, in general, it screams.

But there seems to be some kind of state when issues arise.  I have the highest end brand new computer, but occasionally the block downloading seems to start getting behind, and once this happens, it's as if it can't keep up, and gets further behind, every time there is a new block, or something.  Can't seem to isolate more info that that, at this time, but I'll keep watching it.

Not in any way complaining, this is all brilliant stuff, just reporting issues in hopes that they might be easier to find and fix.

Oh, and when will the commands to monitor what shares have been voted be fixed.  Is there anything I can do to help get them working?

Offline Riverhead

Surely it will be October 26th .... when the clocks all go back one hour.

Ideal time to reset all those currencies.
November 2nd in the US

Offline taughtus

• View Profile
Surely it will be October 26th .... when the clocks all go back one hour.

Ideal time to reset all those currencies.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
i mean seriously. youre bitching about alpha-release software. this is getting annoying guy

yeah?  think of what all the other ordinary people might think.  this could turn them off.  which my main concern.

I wouldn't worry, I don't think there are many ordinary people interacting with BitAssets atm. Our daily forum visitors have been declining back to pre-Bit Asset launch levels. They came, they saw, they left.  That's not a dig, it's just early stage software plus rapid development that doesn't have time to hold our hands.

I think they want to find the best BitAsset base system and hopefully during that time sort out bugs too then they'll simplify, fine tune and market.

Despite lost launch momentum, I'm hoping  it's on people's radar & that they are waiting for a more stable system & tight peg.  I'm personally itching to get some BitSilver.

Of course time is of the essence. Ethereum may have their own competing product soon enough and personally I have a crazy theory that suggests the world financial markets could be capitulating circa Oct 20th. Whenever it happens the flight to safety capital that BTSX and BitAsset commodities in particular could absorb if they were ready,  is super massive.

Offline betax

• View Profile
Interesting was faster for me both in win ui and ubuntu server.

*edit* writing to fast
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lucky331

• View Profile
i mean seriously. youre bitching about alpha-release software. this is getting annoying guy

yeah?  think of what all the other ordinary people might think.  this could turn them off.  which my main concern.

Offline Riverhead

Worked fine for me. Seemed just as fast as the last few releases.

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile

Offline lucky331

• View Profile
With 0.4.15, it was fast.  And I'm like "WTG Bitshares!".

Now it's back to really slow...  This is getting annoying guys.  I mean seriously.