Author Topic: WSJ article.  (Read 2830 times)

merockstar

rofl, the person had one job, to list one fact and blew it.

joke is on us though  :-\

Does wsj have a "corrections" or errata section? A spot where they mention inaccuracies in previous issues? We could probably get them to publish a correction. That way bitshares gets mentioned in 2 issues.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

This piece one of the most impartial pieces about crypto I've ever seen in a major publication. Because it looks like the author actually did some due diligence instead of making up a bunch of crap, I sent him an e-mail letting him know all the points I saw in it that might be inaccurate or misleading. He expressed interested in writing a follow up article next week.

Nice work, I'm looking forward to reading it.

Ended up not hearing back from him.

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
Feel free to hit them up with corrections -

Readers can alert The Wall Street Journal to any errors in news articles by emailing wsjcontact@wsj.com or by calling 888-410-2667.

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Does wsj have a "corrections" or errata section? A spot where they mention inaccuracies in previous issues? We could probably get them to publish a correction. That way bitshares gets mentioned in 2 issues.

This piece one of the most impartial pieces about crypto I've ever seen in a major publication. Because it looks like the author actually did some due diligence instead of making up a bunch of crap, I sent him an e-mail letting him know all the points I saw in it that might be inaccurate or misleading. He expressed interested in writing a follow up article next week.

Nice work, I'm looking forward to reading it.

merockstar

Ggozzo

They must. I originally saw this posted on r/bitcoin, where they were making fun if the title because they spelled decipher as decifer. You can still see the misspelling in the URL.

Offline Riverhead

It's not completely wrong but not as accurate as it could be. Like CLains said it's not exactly all their fault. BitSharesX, BTSX, BitShares-PTS...to someone following dozens of crypto technologies I can understand mixing that up.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline bobmaloney

"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline JA

• View Profile
I skimmed the article but couldn't find any mention of BitShares.
yea Ctr + F says no

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
I skimmed the article but couldn't find any mention of BitShares.

Ggozzo

WSJ article mentions BitsharesX. I think they got their fact wrong.

http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/how-to-deficer-cryptocurrencies-1411333011?mobile=y
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 10:05:34 am by cass »