Author Topic: Anyone Else Interested in a mixer/BTSX fog  (Read 2115 times)

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
BTSX does not need a mixing service. It needs a gateway for USD -> BitUSD.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
I understand that TITAN is not perfect but shouldn't it serve the purpose of privacy minded individuals?

Offline BitTitan

• View Profile
privacy is very important. Especially today.

Sorry sloppy English :-\

Offline nodata

• View Profile
I am interested in a service that mixes btsx similar to bitcoin fog. See description below:

What is Bitcoin Fog?

The bitcoin network might be anonymous in terms of single-handedly revealing your ip address, but the transaction history is recorded in the block chain and is publically available, which makes your anonymity very vulnerable. Once the interested parties, be it authorities or just interested researchers (http://anonymity-in-bitcoin.blogspot.com/2011/07/bitcoin-is-not-anonymous.html) have acquired any one of your addresses or transactions, they could easily track your money around the network.

And knowing your transaction history, connecting your bitcoin addresses to real you is possible, because you will at some point need to exchange your bitcoins to or from a fiat currency using a bank account number, a credit card, LR account or similar service which is much less anonymous than the bitcoin network.

We are providing a solution for this: using our service you mix up your bitcoins in our own pool with other users' bitcoins, and get paid back to other addresses from our mixed pool, which, if properly done by you can eliminate any chance of finding your payments and making it impossible to prove any connection between a deposit and a withdraw inside our service.

How the service works

You register an account on our website and deposit bitcoins to the designated address. After a couple of network confirmations, your money is registered on your Fog account, and you can schedule withdrawals. Each withdrawal will be split in a random number of payouts, depending on the amount, and the relative size of each payout will be randomized as well. Even the timing of those payouts will be randomly spread out over a period of time you will specify.

Ideally you should deposit an amount of bitcoins to the Fog, wait some time (for amounts above 100BTC we recommend a day, above 300 BTC a couple of days, about a week for 1000BTC, etc.) and request a withdrawal, which will not have the same amount as the original deposit, leaving some funds in the Fog.

Then you should deposit another batch of bitcoins and withdraw yet another amount, again different from the amount you have deposited. This time it can be lower than deposited, or higher, adding the funds you have left from the previous deposit. This way there is no practically reliable way to do statistical analysis on the block chain and link your deposits to your withdrawals.

I am not a rich man (yet) but I would be willing to put up $100 worth of btsx for a bounty for a service like this

Is there any other interest in the community for something like this? I think if there was such a service it would be another intensive for people to switch to btsx. Privacy is a very important subject lately.