Author Topic: YellowNotes  (Read 2254 times)

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
I think this is a good idea in principle, but would like to address certain points that are not compatible with DACs in the form you have described.... it is very subtle to grasp, but important if you want to design successful DACs.

1) A DAC must motivate individuals to take initiative to lease buildings, install data centers that carry out the desired goals of the DAC without requiring any group of individuals to agree or revert to politics and elections. 

2) A DAC is not well suited to the storage of large amounts of data in the blockchain, but instead should incentivize individual actors to store data off-chain when ever possible.

3) The data requirements for a DAC must be well within reach of the average users' internet connection without making it unusable for other business.

I will start a new post describing the AdWords, DAC and identify the unresolved problems I have with its design because it shares many of the same issues as your YellowNotes, DAC.

I agree that normal blockchains actually need a reduction in size. The data will be stored on the website and it's (dark) backups in case of data corruption and/or DDos from the haters regime.Rather than rent, i will build my own servers, office space i have in abundance +50sqm with great ventilation which i don't even have to pay for. My main costs will be the hardware and changing the data plan to support server range bandwidth. Users need only to mine or buy. Customers will just fill out a form on the website and deposit funds. Once there is enough traffic, sign up with advert companies and bring in a little more money. Depending on adoption, i could host other services such as pools and an exchange for DACs vs BTC and LTC only. The cumulative funds may help offset costs. My biggest advantage is cheap power and vast space. The inintial funds, i intend to front myself to remove any liabilities. After a while (world willing) the maintanance and expansion costs will come directly from the services and dividens will start to trickle in. As for trying to fund it alone some may say it's selfish, but it's just my pure fear of debt....it will take a decent amount of time, but it' s better not to pass liabilities around.
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline bytemaster

I think this is a good idea in principle, but would like to address certain points that are not compatible with DACs in the form you have described.... it is very subtle to grasp, but important if you want to design successful DACs.

1) A DAC must motivate individuals to take initiative to lease buildings, install data centers that carry out the desired goals of the DAC without requiring any group of individuals to agree or revert to politics and elections. 

2) A DAC is not well suited to the storage of large amounts of data in the blockchain, but instead should incentivize individual actors to store data off-chain when ever possible.

3) The data requirements for a DAC must be well within reach of the average users' internet connection without making it unusable for other business.

I will start a new post describing the AdWords, DAC and identify the unresolved problems I have with its design because it shares many of the same issues as your YellowNotes, DAC.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Just thought of this after the BTC address debacle. I am thinking of a DAC that acts as a phone book of sorts..... how about having a compiled list of addresses with names? (For those willing only of course). You get listed by paying a fee, this directory will be online and anyone wishing to send you funds can do so, by searching for you by name or any other details you have provided. By paying extra membership fee you get a small window of advertising worth 6000 seconds , you can divy this up into maybe 60 second loops that will be shown to visitors a thousand times. You can have contact groups managed by yourself or the DAC, allowing suggestions gives the DAC permission to record your searches and refine based on your preferences. Kind of like Google, but very specialized for crypto using companies and individuals. 

Companies will pay slightly more to have their Adverts put up, you can find services or goods by searching and a list of providers is presented including all their data such as location, Trust levels what service they provide. If you go into a company profile you can view the list of provided addresses for all accepted cryptos and a more complete set of details.

If it becomes popular it may even incorporate adverts from non crypto world entities that will pay for it, these funds are then used to pay dividens  to HOLDERS who would have kept a their currency deposited in company account for a certain period of time. These dividens grow in size as your funds accumulate and as they stake longer in the company wallets.

Perhaps it can go as far as having different plans for different levels of investors, the big money guys that can afford to sit on a lot of coin can deposit and forget about them while they earn larger % interest and dividends, while smaller guys can opt to do quicker yet less profitable moves.

The dividends will be in BTC or PTS depending on what can be implemented safely. I would prefer BTC as it is easier to convert between worlds. The money coming in from revenue is used to buy BTC, this BTC is then carved up according to % holdings and distributed once a month/quarter.

The first's instead of getting large amounts of coin can choose to pay for areas of the webpages they want there by securing premium space for later use or sale at a higher price. Also, i would introduce a system similar to Amazon instances, one where you can pay for unused advert space at a lower rate until someone out bids you for the space, once their funds are finished, if yours is next in line, you get the space back.

Furthermore the DAC can expand it's horizons. When there is enough in a development fund, users and investors can be asked to vote between options of either paying out as dividends or expanding, say if there is office space we can begin VPS hosting or providing any other internet based service.
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.