Author Topic: change for voting  (Read 2091 times)

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
I have looked into this and while it is challenging it is possible to do.   

good to hear it is possible. Hope we can change it sooner then later.

Offline bytemaster

If BTS are shares in the company then when you sell those shares for bitassests then you no longer own shares. You became a depositor in the BTS Bank and exchange no longer a shareholder, you are a customer.
Think collateral for shorts. You own the BTSX but since they are locked up they aren't voting.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
I don't think bitUSD should get a vote (think about all the ultimate users if bitUSD who should have no influence whatsoever on BTSX). Collateral contributed by the short should clearly get a vote. In theory I think the short should get a vote on the entire collateral contributed by both the short and the long, the total of which they are exposed to.

Exactly!
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit

If BTS are shares in the company then when you sell those shares for bitassests then you no longer own shares. You became a depositor in the BTS Bank and exchange no longer a shareholder, you are a customer.
Think collateral for shorts. You own the BTSX but since they are locked up they aren't voting.

I don't think bitUSD should get a vote (think about all the ultimate users if bitUSD who should have no influence whatsoever on BTSX). Collateral contributed by the short should clearly get a vote. In theory I think the short should get a vote on the entire collateral contributed by both the short and the long, the total of which they are exposed to.

Offline Riverhead

Offline Pheonike

Offline bytemaster

I have looked into this and while it is challenging it is possible to do.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline vikram

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
so no one thinks, that the voting will be a problem?

at the moment only : not traded, not collaterized BTSX can vote - so no votes from my side are coming. Most of my shares are all the time in offers on the exchange to make a liquid market.
that's the only way i can support wright now BTSX. But i got punished to do that, because i can't vote..

and it is a future risk we should seriously consider.

- suggest most of the BTSX shares in the future are traded or collaterized from the most supporting people in the community. it will be much cheaper and easier to buy the needed sharesupply to get controll of a segnificant amount of delegates. in theory the community should be reacting, but if all your shares are binded with assets it will be not so easy to do it.

just my 5 BTSX to consider

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
great catch.

i said it already - lol. i can't remember, but it is true!

Offline thisisausername

I thought I had read that this was in the works, but it turns out to be an earlier thread of yours, I'm not quite seeing how this question is different.  But I'm also very tired at the moment.
Pjo39s6hfpWexsZ6gEBC9iwH9HTAgiEXTG

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
i just realised. i am only voting with my BTSX balance.

excluded

1. bitUSD balanace (all bitAssets )
2. every order with bitUSD or collaterized BTSX

in my opinion we need to fix this, because if i am active  - trading and holding bitAssets - i get punished. my votingpower is 20% of the possible size.

what do you think ? or is here a reason?