Author Topic: Why wont the software fininsh sync  (Read 2093 times)

Offline robrigo

It still won't show a balance when attempting to trade/buy/do anything.  Then crashes.  It's time to call a spade a spade and accept this software can't do what it's supposed to.  If anyone can provide any guidance as to how I can get this BTSX out of my account and back into Bittrex with malfunctioning software, I would greatly appreciate it.  Now on to my double captcha...yaaay.

Do you have multiple accounts in your wallet? You can select an account to "view the market with" in the top right when you access a trading pair.

Also, you should remember this software is still in an alpha phase, and has been vastly improving week by week. Cut the devs some slack and exercise some patience; they have been working hard!

Offline nebnev

• View Profile
It still won't show a balance when attempting to trade/buy/do anything.  Then crashes.  It's time to call a spade a spade and accept this software can't do what it's supposed to.  If anyone can provide any guidance as to how I can get this BTSX out of my account and back into Bittrex with malfunctioning software, I would greatly appreciate it.  Now on to my double captcha...yaaay.

Offline nebnev

• View Profile
It does sync and I am connected to the network.

Offline onceuponatime

I have a BTSX balance in my account.  When I go into Market - BTSX/BitUSD my balance shows zero and I can't buy BitUSD.  Is there a way to get the balance to move over when i want to buy?

Your balance should show there automatically (after a wait of about 30 seconds when you first navigate there).

Is your wallet connected to the network and synced?

Offline nebnev

• View Profile
I have a BTSX balance in my account.  When I go into Market - BTSX/BitUSD my balance shows zero and I can't buy BitUSD.  Is there a way to get the balance to move over when i want to buy?

Offline onceuponatime

It's crashed once, but looks like it will get finished pretty soon.  I guess I'll have to stay on top of updating the version.  Is the Git the place to check on that?

Download the binaries from:
http://www.bitshares-x.info/

or

http://www.dacsunlimited.com/

Offline nebnev

• View Profile
It's crashed once, but looks like it will get finished pretty soon.  I guess I'll have to stay on top of updating the version.  Is the Git the place to check on that?

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Am I going to have to re-install this every time a new version is released.  The version I had was 4.17.

Once we hit version 0.5 the rate of hard forks will slow dramatically and you won't have to upgrade every time.

hope it is not next v0.4.99  :)

Offline bytemaster

Am I going to have to re-install this every time a new version is released.  The version I had was 4.17.

Once we hit version 0.5 the rate of hard forks will slow dramatically and you won't have to upgrade every time.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline nebnev

• View Profile

Offline robrigo

I've been watching this happen for several days now.  The wallet wont finish sync.  Gets about 2 days out and crashes.  Then I have start right back at the beginning.  I was wanting to buy some BitUSD with the BTSX I put in there, but at this point I would settle for the thing getting in sync so I can pull it out, and sell it.

If you aren't on a newer version, a mandatory upgrade will halt syncing at a specific block number. Download the latest version and try: https://github.com/dacsunlimited/bitsharesx/releases/tag/v0.4.19.

Offline nebnev

• View Profile
I've been watching this happen for several days now.  The wallet wont finish sync.  Gets about 2 days out and crashes.  Then I have start right back at the beginning.  I was wanting to buy some BitUSD with the BTSX I put in there, but at this point I would settle for the thing getting in sync so I can pull it out, and sell it.