Author Topic: Getting started with KeyID / importing wallets  (Read 36220 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
its in the genesis block:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/keyid/keyid/master/libraries/blockchain/genesis_keyid.json
Code: [Select]
        [
            "1NEnwHhqPg5UBAWUbedgcZXUXQSETWxq6Y",
        ],

It should work pretty much the same way as with btsx
see here:
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Bitshares-x-how-to#Attempting_a_wallet_import_to_receive_BTSX_from_February_28th_snapshot

alternatively .. open you PTS wallet and dump the private key via the debug console:
Code: [Select]
dumpprivkey 1NEnwHhqPg5UBAWUbedgcZXUXQSETWxq6Y
.. and import that one manually in the keyid client

Offline educatedwarrior

• View Profile
Are AGS holders being rewarded for this DAC.
Yes they are ..
I have not been able to receive any distributions for AGS I am holding.
you are probably doing something wrong .. how are you importing your private keys? which are the addresses(?) in question?

Here is one of my claim addresses - 1NEnwHhqPg5UBAWUbedgcZXUXQSETWxq6Y

I'm importing my keys by ..
1.  click on account
2. select Keys tab
3. select "Import Keys from Wallet"

It worked when I imported my PTS wallet, but when I attempt to import my BTC wallet I haven't gotten it to work.  Also I noticed when I import my PTS wallet it only credits me for the contributions I made to AGS, but not the PTS that I owned on the date of snapshot.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 04:34:02 pm by educatedwarrior »
BTSX: codeblooded   |   PTS: PiiQ6ZECCRYawcZFc8ZGbvjuCjCnBVuPjA
BTSX delegate: wallet_approve_delegate codeblooded true

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Are AGS holders being rewarded for this DAC.
Yes they are ..
I have not been able to receive any distributions for AGS I am holding.
you are probably doing something wrong .. how are you importing your private keys? which are the addresses(?) in question?

Offline educatedwarrior

• View Profile
Are AGS holders being rewarded for this DAC.   I have not been able to receive any distributions for AGS I am holding.
BTSX: codeblooded   |   PTS: PiiQ6ZECCRYawcZFc8ZGbvjuCjCnBVuPjA
BTSX delegate: wallet_approve_delegate codeblooded true

Offline amencon

• View Profile
Is the import priv key area working?  After importing two priv keys my client is not showing any genesis credit...
Yes it allowed me to import for both Bitcoin and PTS.

Offline yellowecho

Will this process be made easier soon?
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
Is the import priv key area working?  After importing two priv keys my client is not showing any genesis credit...
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline nodata

• View Profile
Chuckone: check your password for the wallet file

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
I've imported pts wallets just fine into KeyID - here's the method for anyone not sure:

(1) Within KeyID, register your account name, then click on >_Console lower down on the left hand menu

(2) In the text box at the top, below Console, type:

wallet_import_bitcoin "c:\<your_chosen_folder>\your_pts_wallet_name.dat" your_top_secret_password your_keyID_accountname

The question I had was on the use of the File > Import wallet command, which imports a .json wallet. Is this just purely a way to backup KeyID wallet somehow, or does importing say a Bitshares wallet tie a founder account to that KeyID? How can you tie founder ID to KeyID wallet or is that required?

I've tried to do that, and I got an error message. Something like "unable to decrypt key" (with a lot of things I don't understand)

your_top_secret_password - is it the account private key or the password I chose to unlock the wallet with the PTS client?

Thanks!

Offline davidpbrown

So this worked for me, claiming the account that was in the genesis block.

In BitSharesX console do:
wallet_dump_private_key accountyouwanttoclaimfromgenesis
=> 5privatekey

In KeyID then do:
wallet_import_private_key 5privatekey accountyouwanttoclaimfromgenesis

Once that account exists then do wallet_import_bitcoin for the //pts/wallet.dat address and passphrase and KeyIDaccountname that you want to claim the PTS->DNS into.

:D
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline pgbit

• View Profile
What of those names that are already registered with the genesis blockchain? Can we import those to their own account?..

I'm getting an error, that I cannot create the account name because it is registered and then also I cannot import the wallet because I haven't created an account. Must the account on genesis become a sub-account or can it be the main account?

I am not sure. I am guessing its might be this console command:
(from here: http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/BitShares_X_Solutions#How_to_import_Keyhotee_IDs)

wallet_import_keyhotee <firstname> <middlename> <lastname> <brain_key> <keyhotee_id>

Would be good if someone can confirm this is safe to do at this stage.

Offline davidpbrown

What of those names that are already registered with the genesis blockchain? Can we import those to their own account?..

I'm getting an error, that I cannot create the account name because it is registered and then also I cannot import the wallet because I haven't created an account. Must the account on genesis become a sub-account or can it be the main account?
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline pgbit

• View Profile
I've imported pts wallets just fine into KeyID - here's the method for anyone not sure:

(1) Within KeyID, register your account name, then click on >_Console lower down on the left hand menu

(2) In the text box at the top, below Console, type:

wallet_import_bitcoin "c:\<your_chosen_folder>\your_pts_wallet_name.dat" your_top_secret_password your_keyID_accountname

The question I had was on the use of the File > Import wallet command, which imports a .json wallet. Is this just purely a way to backup KeyID wallet somehow, or does importing say a Bitshares wallet tie a founder account to that KeyID? How can you tie founder ID to KeyID wallet or is that required?