Author Topic: Video of Dan's LV Keynote  (Read 10351 times)

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
... unless I3 has said they don't want unofficial versions out.
That's what they said .. asked for

This is simply because we are merging in the slides and audio with video of the talk so people can see and hear the whole thing clearly.
This takes editing time.
If the raw audio is published ahead of this, many people won't come back to see the polished video.
(Who has two hours to listen to it twice?)

Brian is more eager to release this than you are to hear it, so he will make sure everyone knows the instant its available.

Watch facebook for other material, clips, previews, outtakes, etc.
https://www.facebook.com/officialbitshares

Awesome! I had not seen the stuff on Facebook yet. It seems like Dan didn't hold back just because he was speaking at a Bitcoin conference. The Bitcoin community needs more people willing to speak out about it not being perfect. There is far too many rainbows and butterflys for my liking. This is part of the reason that has driven me to support Alt coins, Bitcoin doesn't seem willing or eager to fix its problems. By spending 5 minutes reading around on the Bitcoin forums the general attitude is that it is perfect. They need to wake up and focus on fixing Bitcoin's shortcomings and improving upon it, or it will not be "king" forever like most take for granted via the "too big to fail" mantra.

Although I still try to change people's minds from time to time, it can get very tiresome to have to repeat yourself over and over to each person that has been brainwashed by the group-think that goes on over there. Bitshares' DACs features and improvements speak for themselves compared to Bitcoin, there is no need for brainwashing. I like how in one of the clips Dan mentions that Bitcoin needs to adapt or you just need to sell Bitcoin and move on- It's very true. I think Bitcoin will still be the coin to beat in a year or two due to its infrastructure and network effect, but if it continues down the same path it is certainly doomed to fail, it is a matter of when not if.

Also, Dan is probably one of the few people that can get away with such a speech at a Bitcoin conference with his calm demeanor and thoughtful statements. :)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 06:39:08 pm by CoinHoarder »
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Most conferences are *not* recorded, here's the portable device we use to both capture interviews and to plug directly into the speaker amplication system via XLR to capture the *best* audio possible of conference talks

http://www.amazon.com/Zoom-Handy-Portable-Digital-Recorder/dp/B001QWBM62
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
It's not a bootleg! It's just shitty quality. As far as I know there was no restrictions about recording. Or maybe they saw I was using a cellphone and didn't care.

:D I meant it in jest. It was great you even took the time.

I know man :) . Post came off more serious than expected. See, if you had made it to Vegas you would know my personality. Anyway, the only reason I didn't post it is because toast mentioned that Greg used a good quality camera/mic and they are merging slides. Like Stan said I also think no one is going to come back to watch/hear the high quality version if they feel they got the gist from mine.

I tend to agree with Stan and do not wish to sabotage the efforts of Brian et al.
I figured that's how you meant it but I didn't want to have a tonyk (j/k I think you great). My wife had to listen to me whine for days because I wasn't able to go. I think I am wearing her down for the next event......just need a bump up in btsx price so I can say "Honey but I have to go to protect our investment"  Besides you probably just sat around drank good beer, ate well and talked about that nerdy crypto stuff :'(

Offline Riverhead

Why don't you post it temporary J, till the official/high quality comes out? Obviously a lot of people are interested to hear it.

I tried to listen to it but the audio was so bad that I just turned it off and decided to wait for hte good version.

We definitely should not publish the low quality version. :D
I'll mark it private in a bit. I wish it came out better but eh it didn't lol. Phone had some feature turned on to focus the Mic where the camera was pointing. Doesn't work for shit.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Why don't you post it temporary J, till the official/high quality comes out? Obviously a lot of people are interested to hear it.

I tried to listen to it but the audio was so bad that I just turned it off and decided to wait for hte good version.

We definitely should not publish the low quality version. :D
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Riverhead

It's not a bootleg! It's just shitty quality. As far as I know there was no restrictions about recording. Or maybe they saw I was using a cellphone and didn't care.

I know man :) . Post came off more serious than expected. See, if you had made it to Vegas you would know my personality. Anyway, the only reason I didn't post it is because toast mentioned that Greg used a good quality camera/mic and they are merging slides. Like Stan said I also think no one is going to come back to watch/hear the high quality version if they feel they got the gist from mine.

I tend to agree with Stan and do not wish to sabotage the efforts of Brian et al.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Hopefully much less than two weeks.   :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!

This is simply because we are merging in the slides and audio with video of the talk so people can see and hear the whole thing clearly.
This takes editing time.
If the raw audio is published ahead of this, many people won't come back to see the polished video.

Brian is more eager to release this than you are to hear it, so he will make sure everyone knows the instant its available.

Alright I'll put it on the backburner, you think two weeks?

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

This takes editing time.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso

Offline cryptillionaire

• View Profile
Hey,

Can someone pm me the link please?

Cheers :)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Agreed, if you've got a video on youtube you should post it unless I3 has said they don't want unofficial versions out.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
I don't think any of us care about the quality much, we just want to hear it. :)
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game