Author Topic: GPU Miners are here... if rumors are to be believed!  (Read 40598 times)

Offline GotExams

• View Profile
Re: GPU Miners are here... if rumors are to be believed!
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2013, 01:07:32 am »
Maybe the wanna milk the cow before they release it. I would've done that lol.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2013, 09:58:08 pm »
My sources report that a GPU miner has been found in the wild and will soon make an appearance in a new pool.   I thought I would start a thread to discuss the implications.   According to my sources a mid-range GPU is able to crank out about 500 HPM which is in line with high end CPUs.   

I find this result very encouraging because the midrange GPU is only 3 to 4x faster than the mid range CPU and about on par with the high-end CPU mining we have seen. 

A new pool will be forming that will compete with y pool which will be good for the community.   Now that you all know it is possible I suggest that someone move quickly to compete before this GPU miner takes over like y pool.
Bottlenecks if I try to CPU and GPU mine at the same time?

I don't know.  I do not know the individual who has this algorithm or whether they intend to open source it. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline super3

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2013, 09:38:27 pm »
My sources report that a GPU miner has been found in the wild and will soon make an appearance in a new pool.   I thought I would start a thread to discuss the implications.   According to my sources a mid-range GPU is able to crank out about 500 HPM which is in line with high end CPUs.   

I find this result very encouraging because the midrange GPU is only 3 to 4x faster than the mid range CPU and about on par with the high-end CPU mining we have seen. 

A new pool will be forming that will compete with y pool which will be good for the community.   Now that you all know it is possible I suggest that someone move quickly to compete before this GPU miner takes over like y pool.
Bottlenecks if I try to CPU and GPU mine at the same time?

Offline xhor

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2013, 09:30:57 pm »
Aw. Now I wish I had some GPU boxes.

And I wish I had a GPU miner  8)

Offline super3

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2013, 09:28:44 pm »
Aw. Now I wish I had some GPU boxes.

Offline smokim11

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2013, 09:08:00 pm »
Tell your sources to open source the gpu miner for the good of all of us currently mining. Thanks.

I just shutdown my CPU mining operation. Will wait for the GPU miner if there is really one.
If I helped you and want to show your appreciation donate any amount:
Pjem2V2FDPGZa6yAvpL2fN5yZKXYUNLSv5

Offline grubles

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2013, 08:41:49 pm »
Tell your sources to open source the gpu miner for the good of all of us currently mining. Thanks.

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2013, 08:34:35 pm »
Does this mean someone won the $5000 prize for proving you wrong?

It is already paid http://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=22.0
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline crendore

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2013, 08:02:15 pm »
Does this mean someone won the $5000 prize for proving you wrong?

Offline GotExams

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2013, 07:26:52 pm »
Difficulty is still increasing and rewards falling.    The next million will take a lot longer to mine. 

True but diff time has ben undercut by factor 4 so far so we are done in roughly 6-8 month if this continues ^^

So? That should be positive. It is just like Monopoly, the game. When all resources are taken out there will be higher bids on the resources. It is only positive, imo.

But once a coin is all mined out, the only incentive to mine is for the transaction fees, which won't provide anywhere near as much income for miners as blocks do

Then we would need to create a DAC for keeping transactions up. Simple as that.

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2013, 07:21:38 pm »
Difficulty is still increasing and rewards falling.    The next million will take a lot longer to mine. 

True but diff time has ben undercut by factor 4 so far so we are done in roughly 6-8 month if this continues ^^

So? That should be positive. It is just like Monopoly, the game. When all resources are taken out there will be higher bids on the resources. It is only positive, imo.

But once a coin is all mined out, the only incentive to mine is for the transaction fees, which won't provide anywhere near as much income for miners as blocks do
Protoshares: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt
Bitmessage: BM-NBrGi2V3BZ8REnJM7FPxUjjkQp7V5D28

Offline GotExams

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2013, 06:20:19 pm »

Offline Sy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 06:15:58 pm »

ptsweb.beeeeer.org Stats

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 05:41:42 pm »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline smokim11

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 05:22:09 pm »
If there is a gpu miner, PTS will be mined super fast way before the 2 years are reached and there's only 2 million PTS.

If I helped you and want to show your appreciation donate any amount:
Pjem2V2FDPGZa6yAvpL2fN5yZKXYUNLSv5