Author Topic: bitDACs to give the active community a sword to fight  (Read 1102 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
What you are proposing is not a DAC .. but sounds pretty much like a "business delegate"
see the discussions over here:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9452.0
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9846.0;all

BTW, I like the idea .. there are too few "funds" for development!

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
many proposals are discussed at the moment but i feel the community has not much to say!

the problem is always the same, some people are willing to help and contribute, but i think it is not right, that the passive majority will do nothing and profit from it.

i thought about it and i would like to propose something like - bitDACs

what could a bitDAC look like ?

example: some people want to create or approach Open Bazaar to give bitUSD more utility

problem: not much reaction from the devs so far or no information

possible solution: the community will fund this project, but the problem is no incentive for the people pushing. my idea is to create community driven entities (bitDAC) to fund a project like OpenBazaar. this bitDAC will collect funds from the interested people and ask for a developer to build it. the developer will be paid from this fund and not from I3 direct. with this approach the dev funds will hold much longer and the community can push for some own experience. this bitDAC could be a bitAsset with the contributer as shareholders (maybe on Bitshares ME because of the huge asset creation costs).

BUT

this bitDAC should not only collect funds and pay the developer without a reward from the community. what i want to get "granted" from the devs (aka bytemaster) is a special right for this bitDAC.

- the right to take for multisig extra fees - say double the normal fee (transaction 0.5 BTSX delegate and 0.5 BTSX for the bitDAC for multisig transaction)

i see a win-win-win solution

1. the active community can fund projects they want to be done. with the comming fees the fund will get value and the share could be traded on the exchange. with the fees new projects can be funded. and so on.
2. the devs can take this fund and build the wanted application and no dev funds burned.
3. the whole community will profit from a feature rich bitshares toolkit

i hope i could explaine with my simple english knowledge what i suggest.

what do you think?