Author Topic: Latest Bitcoin news - Caution Alert  (Read 20156 times)

Offline fuzzy

What is frustrating to some of us adam...is that you act unbiased.  As for me...im obviously biased and I state it as such. 

Also as far as newbies "often" being criticized...jesus.  you obviously do not know xeroc or the other MULTITUDES of people who actually pay out of their own pocket..or time... to help noobies frequently. 

As a matter of fact, bbx is there intentionally to give THEM a place where they can have a voice like you do with your show.  Go ahead and ask me if I have received payment for what ive done for these "asshole" noobies...and then when the answer is yes...ask everyone ive given the funds ive received to vouch for me.  It is literally insulting when you throw this crap around.

Second edit:  I look forward to your soon to be announced version of what we are doing here to "open up" the conversation.  If I were here for anything else but full respect the work Invictus has done...id be long gone by now...kind of like I am with bitcoin.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 03:15:18 am by theFu.. »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline johncitizen

• View Profile
Is bitcoin considered to be based in the U.S?   I would assume not.  Decentralized means just that right? no central government can claim it.  Can't an exchange be maintained by a network and decentralized also?

Thats what were trying to do.

In this madness one can only wonder. Perhaps they will knock on our door, maybe they will let themselves in. It would become a backlash and perhaps start something bigger globally. Invictus really have covered their asses.

If we all think about it.. this could be the perfect PR stunt? We could be just like bitcoin and the silk road only its BTSX and the SEC??

This is the 21st century. Laws are outdated and technology is exponential. We cant ask for permission for every groundbreaking innovation. The best thing to do is try to legally manoeuvre and continue pioneering.

Offline mbaeichapareiko

• View Profile
Is bitcoin considered to be based in the U.S?   I would assume not.  Decentralized means just that right? no central government can claim it.  Can't an exchange be maintained by a network and decentralized also?

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
PS: Guys, lets be nice to Adam. LTB and its subsidiaries have done a lot of good press for Bitshares and we don't want to burn that bridge. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
They can't be nice to me because I question what they wish to be true and I don't have time to beat around the bush when I see a problem or have a question.  They don't want to answer the question, they want it to stop being asked.

The community defense team is why so few people who aren't true believers bother with this forum.  It's why there's now talk of if the forum is even a good place for anybody new because posting questions as a new user are often ridiculed or attacked as trolls or sockpuppets.

Like you said, I actually do some important work for Bitshares in addition to my commenting and provide a platform along with access to the LTB community many of whom after which joined the I3 community.  Given that I could stop all that and invest my time and money elsewhere, If they're willing to attack my questions, what kind of user wouldn't they be willing to attack?

So much of what you said here is spot on, about how people resist truth. Thank you Adam for your willingness to speak your mind here.

I do think your generalization of "community defense team" is not completely accurate, tho it is so common in many communities, especially cults. "My team's the best, your's sucks" mentality. We don't need that crap. Let's keep it rational. Nothing wrong with voicing your opinion and support of your team, but keep it in check and open your mind to empirical truth and facts. When you begin to feel emotional consider it a gong to ask yourself why, and then pause before responding. You might like what you write much better.

Where I think you went a bit too far Adam was in using tonyk as your evidence for you "community defense team" argument. He is clearly abrasive, as evidenced by the thread you provided. But as was pointed out above he is just one person. Painting his contributions as indicative of the community's attitude is unfair and as a relative newbie myself have not experienced this group think attack. The community is very supportive and open to newbies and their "dumb" questions. I know, I've asked my share of them.

And like you I'm not afraid to speak my mind here. I'm just not up to the same level of knowledge you and many others are to ask the really tough questions yet. So please, continue!
That hit it on the nail!

Offline Riverhead

The forum as 7000 members. Probably of which only about 5% - 10% are active. It would be unreasonable to assume everyone is going to agree, be agreeable, or comport themselves in a diplomatic manner. I don't take any one poster as a representative of the community as a whole, or a clique, or 3i. If someone continually just spews unconstructive bile I add them to my ignore list. So far I've only added one person to that list because what they were posting was just not relevant to anything....or anyone.

Offline JA

• View Profile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chewbacca_defense  :D
Just use the Chewbacca defense and everything will be alright

Offline Thom

PS: Guys, lets be nice to Adam. LTB and its subsidiaries have done a lot of good press for Bitshares and we don't want to burn that bridge. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
They can't be nice to me because I question what they wish to be true and I don't have time to beat around the bush when I see a problem or have a question.  They don't want to answer the question, they want it to stop being asked.

The community defense team is why so few people who aren't true believers bother with this forum.  It's why there's now talk of if the forum is even a good place for anybody new because posting questions as a new user are often ridiculed or attacked as trolls or sockpuppets.

Like you said, I actually do some important work for Bitshares in addition to my commenting and provide a platform along with access to the LTB community many of whom after which joined the I3 community.  Given that I could stop all that and invest my time and money elsewhere, If they're willing to attack my questions, what kind of user wouldn't they be willing to attack?

So much of what you said here is spot on, about how people resist truth. Thank you Adam for your willingness to speak your mind here.

I do think your generalization of "community defense team" is not completely accurate, tho it is so common in many communities, especially cults. "My team's the best, your's sucks" mentality. We don't need that crap. Let's keep it rational. Nothing wrong with voicing your opinion and support of your team, but keep it in check and open your mind to empirical truth and facts. When you begin to feel emotional consider it a gong to ask yourself why, and then pause before responding. You might like what you write much better.

Where I think you went a bit too far Adam was in using tonyk as your evidence for you "community defense team" argument. He is clearly abrasive, as evidenced by the thread you provided. But as was pointed out above he is just one person. Painting his contributions as indicative of the community's attitude is unfair and as a relative newbie myself have not experienced this group think attack. The community is very supportive and open to newbies and their "dumb" questions. I know, I've asked my share of them.

And like you I'm not afraid to speak my mind here. I'm just not up to the same level of knowledge you and many others are to ask the really tough questions yet. So please, continue!

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Do you have an example of such behavior / statements?

I read a thread recently about tonyk and this exact behavior, sorry I don't have a link it wasn't something I saved.
Tonyk is one individual. Everyone has his own opinions. Btw he rants against pretty much anything new users or BitShares Music like here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=8652.0 Let's keep the discussion based on facts (not the emotional bias that we ALL have)

You asked for an example of such behavior, I provided one.   You didnt have the thread quoted so perhaps you responded before my edit

Edit: here you go https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9375.0;topicseen
You are right Adam, that there is such behavior here on the forum. But I don't think it is legitimate to generalize it for the forum as a whole and call it "the community defense team".
To be fair towards tonyk he rants about all kinds of things and I am sure it is not out of an evil spirit (just a communication habit).

I'm not referring to the whole forum, just the elite subset like tonyk when I talk about the forum defense force or whatever.  Generally these people are "all in" on angelshares or otherwise have their financial future very tied up in the success of I3.  I3 doesn't like engaging on the forums about things they'd rather not have community input on and the community defenders gladly fill the void with attempts to stop the question from being asked or attack the asker since they themselves do not know the answer and they don't want invictus being left defenseless.

Have a good one.
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I feel like this forum is having PMS mood swings as if the price were female sex hormone levels. It's probably the worst way to react.
haha that is super true!

Offline Rune

• View Profile
ITT: this is actually good news!

It's embarrassing to feel like I'm on /r/bitcoin.

No matter if this turns out to be a threat or not, there is no way to currently know. Speculation by anyone not a lawyer is useless. Everyone should prepare for the worst and hope for the best, the I3 team especially so. This is a case of an event that could be ridiculously bad if not anticipated and prepared for properly, worst case scenario being development stalling as energy is siphoned off by legal issues. Bitshares must be a succes, we cannot risk failure or serious setbacks.

I feel like this forum is having PMS mood swings as if the price were female sex hormone levels. It's probably the worst way to react.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 07:13:06 pm by Rune »

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso

great read.......

tonyK keep speaking you mind
adam keep asking the tough questions
coinhoarder-you have a way of making even the dry est  information interesting

« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 05:19:13 pm by Gentso1 »

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

I read a thread recently about tonyk and this exact behavior, sorry I don't have a link it wasn't something I saved.
Tonyk is one individual. Everyone has his own opinions. Btw he rants against pretty much anything new users or BitShares Music like here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=8652.0 Let's keep the discussion based on facts (not the emotional bias that we ALL have)

You asked for an example of such behavior, I provided one.   You didnt have the thread quoted so perhaps you responded before my edit

You are right Adam, that there is such behavior here on the forum. But I don't think it is legitimate to generalize it for the forum as a whole and call it "the community defense team".
To be fair towards tonyk he rants about all kinds of things and I am sure it is not out of an evil spirit (just a communication habit).

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

True... the only thing I really like on this forum is AdamBLevine and his priceless contributions!
Tony you know that I do not appreciate the way you speak here on the forum sometimes (I like the content of what you say but often you personaly and implicitly attack people) because some take it serious and it does not do any good (only supports your entertainment).

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!

Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
So much emotion in some of the responses. In such a male dominated area, I never would have guessed so many feelings surfacing. This is not a knock on anyone, I just don't get it.

For me, it's simply business. I like the suggestion above, less emotional bias, more facts. We can all group hug down the road. Just my 2 cents. I like and dislike each of you equally. :)
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work