Author Topic: Thoughts on the bump threads ?  (Read 1939 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

Ok so there are 3 in here.  Reddit/bitcointalk/other media. 

Bitcointalk needs its own because not everyone even has a bitcointalk account.  I believe you need to lurk 4 hours just to post. 

However, there are other threads floating about for reddit.  I hate to ask people to stop those threads and in a lot of ways they might have visibility that the TASKFORCE threads don't.  However having everything in one spot for those times you want to sit back and contribute a bit of time to viral marketing - it is all right here.

Thoughts ?  I'm thinking I should just delete the reddit one in here.

I think it should be a job of the PR people to check those sites every week, or more, and reply to user questions, start and maintain threads there, etc. I personally hate reddit and bitcointalk because of all the trolling and obvious age groups in there, but if I get elected as a Delegate,  I'll definitely be contributing in there as well. My work for BitShares really has no boundaries.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I think we'll keep one bump thread but I plan to moving most of this to a trello board and having this subforum deleted. Perhaps someone will want to make a bitsharestalk sub-forum to discuss the trello board so that people can readily become oriented at becoming part of the community.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

bitcointalk and reddit are the 2 largest crypto-communities.  They're so large I have no clue what #3 would be.  So it is a good place to keep getting our message out there.  This stuff like Dan's speech is a great way to do that.

I'm just trying to figure out the best way to keep this stuff organized to maximize community involvment.

3-4 bumps daily of the appropriate posts... for those that are not on the email list, imho.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

bitcointalk and reddit are the 2 largest crypto-communities.  They're so large I have no clue what #3 would be.  So it is a good place to keep getting our message out there.  This stuff like Dan's speech is a great way to do that.

I'm just trying to figure out the best way to keep this stuff organized to maximize community involvment.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Bitcointalk needs its own because not everyone even has a bitcointalk account.  I believe you need to lurk 4 hours just to post. 

If for a change, I am allowed to actually post in this sub-forum...  :)

Bitcointalk - is getting more and more useless by the day, but one can still post 2-3 comments a day with not much effort.

reddit - I know I have the 'almost-baby-boomers' mentality on that, but that place is as confusing to me as github... I know it is only me, but I still fail in finding the logic there.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Ok so there are 3 in here.  Reddit/bitcointalk/other media. 

However, there are other threads floating about for reddit.  I hate to ask people to stop those threads and in a lot of ways they might have visibility that the TASKFORCE threads don't.  However having everything in one spot for those times you want to sit back and contribute a bit of time to viral marketing - it is all right here.