Author Topic: Beyond Bitcoin Reddit Questions for Dan and Brian  (Read 1994 times)

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

Offline JoeyD

Skype is more widely used.  If we can do a conference call with that then it might be slighty easier to arrange.

Is skype still more widely used, it is not amongst my relatives or friends anymore.

I agree I had my doubts about the mumble-voice/chat-server at the start as well (I was never part of the internet voice chat gaming scene). But once you've got the thing setup, I find the freedom and anonymity a lot better than either skype or google and it is still encrypted.

But whatever works. Is it possible to join as easy and freely on skype as the mumble server, or is it invitation only? One thing I've noticed however is that it seems to be better to work this stuff out before making it public, because there seem to be people more interested in copying the ideas than helping out.

At the very least, I think we should talk about this in real time on the current mumble-server and work things out there.

Offline fuzzy

Skype is more widely used.  If we can do a conference call with that then it might be slighty easier to arrange.

We can go either way.  For those concerned about privacy from onlookers within the cryptocommunity... Skype is best.  For those concerned with using channels actively recorded by the NSA, mumble is better. 

Each have their strengths/weaknesses and i'm not opposed to any of them. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline fuzzy

You want to set it up Method?  I'll gladly attend. 
Was Brian there? We should have a private Google hangout / mumble to talk marketing. Bjt not recorded.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 12:33:02 pm by theFu.. »

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
I haven't had a chance to listen to the last episode. We're any of these questions answered?

Dan couldn't make it...which makes sense considering he usually cant when he attends conferences the same week ;)

I will make sure at least some of them are asked this Friday's though.

Was Brian there? We should have a private Google hangout / mumble to talk marketing. Bjt not recorded.

Offline fuzzy

I haven't had a chance to listen to the last episode. We're any of these questions answered?

Dan couldn't make it...which makes sense considering he usually cant when he attends conferences the same week ;)

I will make sure at least some of them are asked this Friday's though.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
I know the team is extremely busy, I was hoping these questions could be answered:

[–]sacktap 3 points 13 hours ago

Where is cross-chain trading on the roadmap? Also curious about its implementation.

[–]Bitcoin_Boost 2 points 21 hours ago

At the InsideBitcoins event, did you or anyone on the team have a chance to talk with any of the larger exchanges such as BTCChina or processors such as Coinbase or GoCoin? Were they already familiar with what you are doing with Bitshares?

[–]Bitcoin_Boost 2 points 21 hours ago

There was mention in the forum concerning Money 20/20. Do you plan to speak at the event? Is there a plan for marketing representation at the event regardless if you are speaking? Thank you.

[–]Bitcoin_Boost 2 points 20 hours ago*

As the Bitcoin Conferences start spreading to locations such as Tel Aviv, Paris, Seoul and Singapore, it's not realistic to think you and the entire marketing team will be at each. Do you have backup speakers who can carry the torch in other locations?

[–]MeTHoDx 2 points 19 hours ago

For Brian: How would you describe the typical BitUSD user 1 year from now? Why is he using BitUSD?

[–]Brent_Allsop 1 point 18 hours ago

Does anyone know if any good arbitrage robots have been set up to help put liquidity into BitUSD. If so, who, are they organizing/co-opreating, how much money are they making...? How much money could they make?

[–]Shuai 1 point 18 hours ago

I would to know how important the team thinks being first mover is (vs nubits) in regards to capturing the coming open bazaar market, and other trading platforms using escrow.

How long until bitUSD is liquid/stable enough that we could start moving our savings over?

« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 12:28:20 pm by hpenvy »
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work