Author Topic: dns is taking off  (Read 2054 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Not to be pedantic but it should be noted that BitShares Music is the DAC and Peertracks is a service providing a front end (hopefully the first of many) to the DAC. I believe Cob said the relationship is much like what BitStamp is to BTC.
*confirmed* ... pretty sure the asian people will have their own site sooner or later as their "music style" is different from western style ..

Offline fuzzy

Not to be pedantic but it should be noted that BitShares Music is the DAC and Peertracks is a service providing a front end (hopefully the first of many) to the DAC. I believe Cob said the relationship is much like what BitStamp is to BTC.
+5%
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Riverhead

Offline fuzzy

No matter how anyone looks at it, AGS value proposition was largely better than that of every other crypto...

It took time and patience...but it is safe to say as Invictus continues to prove themselves.  It was a great donation no matter how we look at it.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 12:31:20 pm by theFu.. »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
why not like peertracks?

itunes and amazon are big players and taking huge cut of the margin for the big music labels. as a music label more competition will be good to increase the profit for them and to reduce the power of each distribution channel.

Well, I think itunes, amazon and big music industry players would not like peertracks.  Why would they if peertracks is going to take away their businesses?  The artists and consumers would love it though.  ;)

Big business doesn't have to like it. What matters is whether or not artists like it. Most artists are independent anyway and the majority of money made by artists does not come from digital sales unless they are independent.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
why not like peertracks?

itunes and amazon are big players and taking huge cut of the margin for the big music labels. as a music label more competition will be good to increase the profit for them and to reduce the power of each distribution channel.

Well, I think itunes, amazon and big music industry players would not like peertracks.  Why would they if peertracks is going to take away their businesses?  The artists and consumers would love it though.  ;)

not amazon and itunes - they are competitors!!! sure

but

the music labels who are selling the music via amazon and itunes.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
why not like peertracks?

ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
why not like peertracks?

Offline mbaeichapareiko

• View Profile
I guess peertracks is the next big DAC   anybody investing?

Any speculation as to whether the music industry will like peertracks.

Offline mbaeichapareiko

• View Profile
DNS shares has a nice increase today.   

wish I remembered to pick some up.. oh well,  maybe catch it on the pullback if there is one.
Any heads up on the next DAC?