Author Topic: Client v04.20 plotting BitUSD sell profile incorrectly  (Read 2203 times)

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
An update on my original post - I still have a similar problem.
In my client I see a sell order in the BitUSD market with Quantity 234959.6304 BitUSD for Total of 6405.7044 BTSX at price 36.6797.
It looks like the BitUSD and BTSX quantities have been switched, so my chart is showing an enormous sell wall of USD way out of proportion with the buy profile.
Has anyone on support side checked into this?
Thanks.
can confirm a short wall (a set of roughly 40 shorts) with
242,733.9087 USD          9,102,749.14497 BTSX            0.026666000000 USD*

and only minor buy incentives ..
I cannot see any "issue" here besides people being bullish on BTSX .. so they are shorting the hell out of this this :)

in short: lot's of people want to short/sell USD and only a few want to have USD .. currently
the sell wall is actually a 'short' wall ;-)
Yeah I can see a lot of large orders in the short queue as you say. Is the chart in the client combining sells and shorts into one orange category then? Then it might make sense, because there is nothing like that size in the sell book.
But there is still a strange and confusing order showing in the sell queue where the BitUSD quantity is 37.50 times the BTSX quantity, rather than the other way around. I thought this might be distorting the chart.
Just adding to this, I've finally worked out that the short orders are being amalgamated into a single order that appears also in queue of sell orders. In the charts its also being combined. So given the sell profile on the chart includes shorts, it now looks fine to me.
The odd thing that led me to think there was an error was that the line in the sell queue that represents the amalgamated shorts has an tiny BTSX amount that is almost zero.

Offline starspirit

• View Profile
In my client I see a sell order in the BitUSD market with Quantity 234959.6304 BitUSD for Total of 6405.7044 BTSX at price 36.6797.
It looks like the BitUSD and BTSX quantities have been switched, so my chart is showing an enormous sell wall of USD way out of proportion with the buy profile.
Thanks.

I cannot see any "issue" here besides people being bullish on BTSX .. so they are shorting the hell out of this this :)

in short: lot's of people want to short/sell USD and only a few want to have USD .. currently
Yeah I can see a lot of large orders in the short queue as you say. Is the chart in the client combining sells and shorts into one orange category then? Then it might make sense, because there is nothing like that size in the sell book.
But there is still a strange and confusing order showing in the sell queue where the BitUSD quantity is 37.50 times the BTSX quantity, rather than the other way around. I thought this might be distorting the chart.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Thanks.

Offline starspirit

• View Profile
Thanks.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I'm not sure my plots are correct any more either actually after the changes to the short mechanics. I haven't opened the GUI client in a while but from what I've seen mentioned in the forums there should be a short wall with all shorts at the same price?
yup .. shorts cannot choose price freely anylonger .. they are executed at the price feed if there is a buyer .. and they are prioritized by collateral (currently, will change to 'interest')

Offline svk

I'm not sure my plots are correct any more either actually after the changes to the short mechanics. I haven't opened the GUI client in a while but from what I've seen mentioned in the forums there should be a short wall with all shorts at the same price?
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Yhea .. the GUI has some of this smaller issues:
https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/issues/782

BTW, the devs are working on a "much" better trading client which will hopefully fix all theses issues once and for all ..

Offline starspirit

• View Profile
My chart profile looks odd and completely disagrees with the analogous profile I can see at BitsharesBlocks.com.
What appears to be happening is this:

- At the time of writing, on the sell side, there is an order to sell 103148 BitUSD for 2791 BTSX (wrong way around), at an indicated price of 36.9495. The figures for BitUSD and BTSX seem to be inverted. So it is incorrectly treating this as a big BitUSD sell wall.

I'm not sure where else this might be happening, but glancing through other orders in the queue looks OK.