Author Topic: Job Bank (Get Work) DAC  (Read 6778 times)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Looks like the idea I had in mind is being implemented by the Mastercoin team.
http://www.coinvance.com/

I haven't had a time to look at the code but I hope to. I think for bounties it should be something similar to Coinvance . It should be a DAC of course.

This is off topic.  I've been seeing many web pages in the crypto world with a format similar to that used on coinvance.com, linked above.  Is there a template or some other simple website creation tool for creating sites like this?  I like the style.

I learned a bit more about Coinvance. Apparently it was made by a guy Ryan and is based off livelyfeed.com and not necessarily my idea. But it does provide the basis and front end for what I'm talking about.

What I would do is make sure the back end is a DAC but keep a similar front end. I'm sure there is a tool to make sites like this but I'm not the expert on it.

As far as your idea is concerned, it is a great way to introduce a revolutionary concept of Job Posting/Recruiting . It would take a heavy load of coding . Personally I think with a DAC-driven system try to break it down into micro DAC because of several factors to be consider. Factors such as qualifications, vacancies, job mismatch, companies hiring, position availabilities and others.    And if ever someone develops an Advertising DAC then it will go hand in hand with Job Bank DAC.

No it shouldn't take heavy coding. It needs PoS voting, a sort algorithm, and the rest is very similar to mining, you have difficulty, confirmation of contribution by stakeholders, etc.

If n amount of stakeholders all review and confirm a contribution then it's set and gets paid out.

So the code would be relatively simple, not any more difficult than any of the other DACs being built really. Some specific optimizations would be difficult though.

An advertising DAC is not needed. Tasks would exist on a task list and be sorted by algorithm. Reputation would exist as badges which would be recognized by Keyhotee and then you could allow any future DAC to recognize certain badges.

Companies wont be hiring. The DACs themselves would be hiring and would send their needs to this specific DAC in the form of a contract. This specific DAC would make money from individuals or other DACs listing the tasks they want completed.

All completed tasks would be stored in the blockchain along with the Keyhotee ID of the person who completed it. So there is no need for a resume and immediately upon confirmed completion of the task the payout is automatic. After you complete the task you win a badge which proves you have DAC experience.

So if you for instance put a signature in your profile on Bitcointalk then after holding the signature for 1 month like you promised in the contract you win a badge. If you write something such as an article in favor of Bitshares or for an e-magazine then upon completion it gets reviewed, confirmed, and you get a badge.

As you write more articles for the e-magazine you get more points, if you write impressive articles you get higher ratings, all which are attached to your badge. The badge system handles reputation and could use Keyhotee so every DAC would know who can be trusted, who is good at what, who has experience in the community and who doesn't.

This means an outsider from Wall Street would not be able to step into the DAC community and act like they have DAC experience when they've never done anything for the community. The Wall Street professional would have to earn their badges from scratch and the people who already were here building DACs would have more experience in this space under the system I'm describing.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 08:01:12 am by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile

I haven't had a time to look at the code but I hope to. I think for bounties it should be something similar to Coinvance . It should be a DAC of course.

This is off topic.  I've been seeing many web pages in the crypto world with a format similar to that used on coinvance.com, linked above.  Is there a template or some other simple website creation tool for creating sites like this?  I like the style.

I learned a bit more about Coinvance. Apparently it was made by a guy Ryan and is based off livelyfeed.com and not necessarily my idea. But it does provide the basis and front end for what I'm talking about.

What I would do is make sure the back end is a DAC but keep a similar front end. I'm sure there is a tool to make sites like this but I'm not the expert on it.

As far as your idea is concerned, it is a great way to introduce a revolutionary concept of Job Posting/Recruiting . It would take a heavy load of coding . Personally I think with a DAC-driven system try to break it down into micro DAC because of several factors to be consider. Factors such as qualifications, vacancies, job mismatch, companies hiring, position availabilities and others.    And if ever someone develops an Advertising DAC then it will go hand in hand with Job Bank DAC.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xxeyes

• View Profile

Offline luckybit

• View Profile

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
The advantage is it would be an algorithmically defined decentralized resource allocation mechanism, and because it's a DAC other DACs or projects could use it and that would provide a profit for the shareholders.
This is very, very challenging and will almost never do better than a small group of humans.

What if Invictus can't distribute the bounties anymore? Are we supposed to rely exclusively on Invictus? Why do we need one human being to decide on which bounties to pay out and which not when shareholders can decide their own priorities and have money be allocated toward that by algorithm?

Moving the angel funds into a multi-sig address (or several) that I3 doesn't control accomplishes 99% of what you're trying to accomplish with the DAC, with none of the problems.
DAC development resources are stretched VERY thin right now. This would be a waste of time IMO.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
I realize this could be done without a DAC, I'm just wondering if doing it as a DAC would be better than not. Any advantages?

I think almost no advantages and it would take a rather large amount of time and effort to develop.

The advantage is it would be an algorithmically defined decentralized resource allocation mechanism, and because it's a DAC other DACs or projects could use it and that would provide a profit for the shareholders.

It would take some time and resources to develop but if people could just send money to an angelfund address and then have the bounties get autonomously distributed, the DACs get built like an autonomous DAC factory and that automation of the process is certainly better long term. Today the bottleneck is Invictus, there are only so many jobs that Dan can do and only so many bounties he can evaluate, pay out, etc.

What if Invictus can't distribute the bounties anymore? Are we supposed to rely exclusively on Invictus? Why do we need one human being to decide on which bounties to pay out and which not when shareholders can decide their own priorities and have money be allocated toward that by algorithm?

« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 06:44:20 am by luckybit »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I realize this could be done without a DAC, I'm just wondering if doing it as a DAC would be better than not. Any advantages?

I think almost no advantages and it would take a rather large amount of time and effort to develop.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
It would be very interesting to see people use this DAC to hire programmers, to help them create their own DACs!

It's a bit of a chicken-egg situation at the moment, hopefully someone jumps on this soon as it'll have the potential to greatly increase the rate at which DAC's are produced.

So how can we get started on this? It's almost time.

How do we crowdfund the initial development of the DAC? Once it's built then it should fund itself. But do we have a trusted third party willing to build it and if not how do we assemble one?

To build it you'll need a functioning Keyhotee to manage reputation. You'll need a PoS blockchain which allows for voting on the priority of tasks listed on a decentralized database or inside the blockchain itself if you want to do it that way.

Let's discuss how to build it?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 05:27:39 am by luckybit »

Offline devilfish

• View Profile
It would be very interesting to see people use this DAC to hire programmers, to help them create their own DACs!

It's a bit of a chicken-egg situation at the moment, hopefully someone jumps on this soon as it'll have the potential to greatly increase the rate at which DAC's are produced.
BTC: 1MqCxQ2qD7ZuS3ELFY43wfaBTbA2XkYwDP
PTS: PiuFEJHz6zScALgPWzcu2SDKtWJW4cnUFi
XPM: Af5qzgsEwWaHZdGUq8dUoHkhmH4XBmnGW9

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
Protoshares: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt
Bitmessage: BM-NBrGi2V3BZ8REnJM7FPxUjjkQp7V5D28

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
This idea is revised and refined here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1413.msg15246#msg15246

A simple diagram could illustrate the conceptual infographic as:

Input: Human labor--> "Mining"
------------------------------------
DAC: Sort algorithm maintains a task list updated by humans stored in the blockchain, where the sort algorithm allows human beings to vote up or down to adjust the priority level "importance" of each task.
DAC: Value is determined by community voted task priority and popularity. If the task is very popular then "difficulty" shall rise to redirect the flow of labor to less desirable more important tasks.
DAC: Maintains a ledger or spreadsheet which constantly updates detailing which Keyhotee ID did which task.
DAC: Can hire human beings or scripts (autonomous agents) to do tasks either separately or working together. (Credits earned by a script can be used by the script to pay humans for the updating of the script)
Keyhotee: Maintains reputations, allows for up or down votes, allows for notice of task completion which again receives up or down vote by a pool of trusted Keyhotee IDs to verify it as true or false. (As an administrator who verifies the work of others you would get paid to check whether or not others have completed their task and the greater your accuracy the better your credit rating or reputation for doing that particular task. You are like a referee for the system. This job may also involve preventing spammers, cheaters, other Keyhotee IDs will anonymously review your work and get paid on their accuracy as well)
Output: Signature campaigns, website development, documentation, FAQs, tweets, YouTube videos, Facebook pages, memes, or anything else.

Output can be measured for success. If an output is considered a failure such as if it is spam, if someone did not follow the rules, or if it has a completely negative impact then that output can be reviewed during the verification process and credit score shall adjust based upon the result of that review. In most cases there should be nothing to review because reviewers would have to be compensated and the anonymous reviewers of those reviewers would have to get their cut as well so this action should be avoided unless a significant amount of people in the community vote for and pay for a review/audit.
Social contract: Any DAC which wants to use the services of this DAC must set aside shares in their DAC to pay for its services. This DAC is to be set up for the benefit of the humans and autonomous agents who work for it and for the community as a whole to benefit from it.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 03:46:31 am by luckybit »

Offline devilfish

• View Profile
The thing to optimize with this DAC would be the sorting and matching algorithm.  Not all jobs are equal and not all types of job seekers want all types of jobs.  I think a DAC could be successful.

The way I see it there would be an overarching job bank DAC which provides the core services and then more specific DAC's would be forked that focus on particular job markets.

Offline Lighthouse

• Making a Market in PTS since 11/06/2013
    • View Profile
    • Lighthouse Bulk Orders and Trusted Escrow (Closed)
The thing to optimize with this DAC would be the sorting and matching algorithm.  Not all jobs are equal and not all types of job seekers want all types of jobs.  I think a DAC could be successful.
Before you say the price of PTS is too high, take a look at theThe Reason.  Protoshares are an entirely new type of Cryptocurrency, one that pays to hold.

Offline devilfish

• View Profile
I think you'll find every corporation can be adapted to a DAC so this idea is no different. I could see how the media DAC I've been thinking about could interact with this corporation. For instance a journalist wants to add a quality article that will create a good amount of money. In order to add value to an article it must be credible and well written, value which can be added by using services provided by fact checkers, editors etc. So a journalist would list an ad on this service for the people required and hires them for the desired service. They would then receive a percentage of the royalties generated each time the article is distributed. Finally people could hold a score on this DAC which would be calculated based on the final distribution of the work they contributed to and people could use this to measure the quality of workers on the site.