My delegate is now live and everything is set to go.
- It’s hosted on a DigitalOcean instance in Singapore.
- Price feeds will automatically kick in once elected.
- Riverhead has secured everything. It’s a fortress.
What will this delegate be spending its diluted funds on?
- Buy targeted reddit ads in /r/BitcoinMarkets and /r/Futurology - give away small BitUSD and BitGold samples to redditors with high karma and aged accounts.
- Give “Bitcoin royalty” some BitAsset samples.
- Buy a front page ad on coinmarketcap.com
- Good community ideas that get support will have access to funding.
Obviously the end goal is for everyone to be using BitAssets, even mom and dad. But at this very early stage in BitShares history, targeting “smart money”, knowledgeable investors is the obvious first target. With the recent nullstreet marketing initiative
, our community will have the funding necessary to make shit happen.
- All marketing initiatives will be open for community participation.
- All creatives will be open sourced for anyone to use.
- I will keep shareholders up-to-date on all marketing initiatives.
The great thing about paid delegates is there no longer has to be a “top secret” marketing effort going on in the background. When delegates make promises, they can be held publicly accountable by the community of shareholders that pay for their efforts. I plan to set this example for other delegates who campaign in the future and make it a part of the BitShares culture.Voter Apathy
One of the major issues with DPOS is voter apathy. Everyone thinks “other people” will vote for good delegates and that type of thinking results in extremely few votes actually being cast. Please don't rely on “other people” and take action. Don't be a stereotype.