Author Topic: Is the Official Marketing Team Sleeping?  (Read 27920 times)

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Yes a statement about what the core-devs marketing strategy is.  Usually the employer makes the announcement when a high level employee is removed and provides an accompanying statement.

I can't speak for BM, but here's the push happening on Nullstreet.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12351.msg163162#msg163162

If anything, things are ramping up quite a bit quicker than we've seen in months.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Yes a statement about what the core-devs marketing strategy is.  Usually the employer makes the announcement when a high level employee is removed and provides an accompanying statement.

sumantso

BM, can you give a statement regarding the recent development?

Offline bytemaster

no more marketing directors please...

Why not just call it *Marketing Delegate* instead of director... :)

+1
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
no more marketing directors please...

Why not just call it *Marketing Delegate* instead of director... :)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
no more marketing directors please... I would prefer if AGS funding is used to seriously pump the hell out of BTS rather than pay a new marketing director. XRP is getting pumped with no news whatsoever and everyone is talking about beating bitcoin suddenly. That is all the marketing we need..

XRP is a very different beast with their niche in banking.  I don't care about the director roles, I care about funding the people that are doing the work to get things handled.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

sumantso

Given the recent development (Brian Page and Bitshares have parted ways), would it now be possible to hire MethodX as marketing director, or something like that?

Sadly, I think the AGS funds are mostly finished. Its upto the blockchain now.

Real shame. Even if we spent that money hapazardly we could've still gotten much more visibility.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
no more marketing directors please... I would prefer if AGS funding is used to seriously pump the hell out of BTS rather than pay a new marketing director. XRP is getting pumped with no news whatsoever and everyone is talking about beating bitcoin suddenly. That is all the marketing we need..

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Given the recent development (Brian Page and Bitshares have parted ways), would it now be possible to hire MethodX as marketing director, or something like that?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Any reason Methodx and Brian can't have a pow wow and compare notes so Methodx can fill in any gaps in Brian's marketing strategy?

Brian says to Methodx "I'm doing X,Y,Z".

Methodx says to BM "I think we need to do A,B,C"

BM and Methodx say to community "Methodx is going to do {ABC} and requires $$$ to do so. {ABC} is complimentary to {XYZ}".

Where {} are sanitized to protect whatever competitive advantages there may be.

Community says "Yay! We trust BM and Methodx. Go for it!".

We've kind of done this already. Also, please keep in mind I spent over 80 hours the week before last planning and strategizing, working on projects and co-ordinating marketing efforts with core team members. I need to start focusing on my real business that makes me actual money... Even if I'm obviously in love with bitshares, reality is starting to set in. There might be a fix in the works that'll get me paid though, so stay tuned.

Great news! Thank you for the update - you absolutely should get a chunk of AGS funding to execute your strategy.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
sumantso, thank you for pointing that out.

i'll take a second look at my opinion on this.

BM deleted that post is why you probably missed it. And then people who quoted are starting to delete it out of their posts.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

I seriously don't know what you guys are complaining about. Nothing can be marketed until version 187.5.1 comes out in Q4 2035. I can't tell you what that push is or what strategy we are using because someone else might steal the ideas and run with it in the meantime. All I can tell you is we are planning to coincide our marketing push along with the first manned mission to Mars and we will launch BitMARS at the same time. BitMARS will be a decentralized cryptoPlanet. Kind of like a real planet, but on a blockchain. The first of its kind. Buying BitMARS will give you ownership rights to a piece of property on Mars. How will this work? Well, as long as most of the then 10 billion people on earth buy it, majority consensus will override any government action to take it from them/us. It will be traded through BitReserves platform because in all reality, they will have a bigger network and marketing effect than Bitshares as we await the release of their first product BitOiL, scheduled for release in 2030. How dumb of BitReserve to market something before they even have a product?

And that new Star Wars movie must be completely finished and ready to go since they already started marketing it. Right? Maybe it's not done and Disney doesn't know what the F*** they are doing. How dare they market something that won't be released until Q4 2015?

U forgot ur signature the great "B".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't get it.

merockstar

sumantso, thank you for pointing that out.

i'll take a second look at my opinion on this.

sumantso

Note the nonchalance in Dan's response, "I'll let him know to manage his own PR." (or whatever it was he said)

dan just shrugged and yawned, and we're talking about six figures that he paid him (if memory serves).

*cough cough*

BP is here in Blacksburg this week and we need to identify what we want from him.   

Here is my assessment:
  1) he cannot create new content only poorly repackage content provided by others
  2) he hires other people to manage social media
  3) he has brought in great talent with Max & Friends and this talent I want to keep.
  4) he cannot produce a website

Here are some changes that are going on:
  1) Social Media is being moved to Adam Earnest & Team
  2) Website is being moved to me + cass + Adam
  3) Max is producing and marketing BitShares.tv
  4) I am starting a blog to talk about things and set vision/goals/etc.
  5) Agent86 is producing more technical papers / educational material

Brian's primary strength has been organizing our presence at conferences and getting us interviews there. 

The challenge that Brian faces is that he found other people to do his work.  He hasn't produced news articles, nor driven media to our website.  He hasn't gotten press in or communicated our idea. 

The nullstreet crowd is busy showing Brian what he should have been doing/organizing this whole time. 

Brian is in sales but he doesn't know what to sell nor what BitShares is.  Every time we talk he asks me "what is BitShares?" in an attempt to get me to explain it for the Nth time.   

Something has to change.  Brian needs to bring measurable results to the table.   We will figure this out this week.

I just want everyone to know that I share your frustration.

Offline fuzzy

Interview requests are starting to roll in from Nullstreet initiatives. All requests have been passed on to marketing.

awesome work hpenvy.  thanks for letting everyone know.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D