Author Topic: [DISCUSSION] Pls all branding things to be discussed, here …  (Read 1963 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Thanks for you input,  ...first of all stylebook has to be done, then press kit, tomorrow newsletter etc etc. ... sry to say ... but my day just have 24h :)

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11753.msg155998#msg155998

I posted a preview days before ... but it's really important to get general guidelines for bitshares branding out first  ...

- Coin image - moderate differences between each bitasset, e.g. size stays the same + "b", but different colour, thickness, possibly different fonts.
- Note image (+paper wallet) - overlapping theme, same size, different pictures on the notes (that's a whole discussion in itself)
- smaller icons for use in white papers and less image-heavey explanations. - Can be basically the same for different bitassets with just colour differences.
- more 'accepted here' icons.
- Images uploaded to the repository individually and also in sets where they are likely to be used together (e.g. icons for all bitassets grouped into one image,
like a 'vending machine' or game.)

Guess this will be finished all together with styleguide.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 01:55:15 am by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline matt608

• View Profile
The nullstreet repository is practically completely empty, I could really use some big and impressive branding materials.

Bitasset icons.  We've got these:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4167.msg52384#msg52384

Which are good but they are just for bitUSD and aren't really big enough to use in many types branding.  We are branding a currency, it's really important that it looks stunning and captures people's imaginations.  We want people to see a bitUSD or bitCNY image and think 'woah, that is cool'.  Something futuristic and energetic, yet simple enough to be understood and strong enough to be trusted. 

So we need to think about images of bitUSD coins and notes, bitCNY coins and notes, bitEUR coins and notes, bitGOLD coins and notes, just to start off with.  The images of the notes can double up as paper wallets. 

For off-site branding we need graphics for the press to use, banner ads, graphics for bitshares blogs posts and threads on bitcointalk.  We need dazzling graphics with the bitshares logo on - bigger images, with shiny and abstract patterns on which represent the bitshares ecosystem, a bit like this kind of image:
http://bitshares.org/bitshares-prototypes-much-more-than-an-altcoin/ or this kind of thing:
https://www.facebook.com/officialbitshares/photos/a.408139679332800.1073741827.408134445999990/508672572612843/?type=1&theater

A question:  Do we want all bitasset icons or coin/note images to look basically the same but just with a different name + colour?  I think there needs to be a careful balance struck between distinctiveness of each bitasset's images and a shared theme with the "b" for BitShares on all of them.  There could be different levels of variation between different type of image.

So in summary we need sets of images for each bitasset. 
- Coin image - moderate differences between each bitasset, e.g. size stays the same + "b", but different colour, thickness, possibly different fonts.
- Note image (+paper wallet) - overlapping theme, same size, different pictures on the notes (that's a whole discussion in itself)
- bigger banners, for ads and press (for BitShares + bitassets) - Can be very different for different bitassets (with a "b" on each bitasset images)
- smaller icons for use in white papers and less image-heavey explanations. - Can be basically the same for different bitassets with just colour differences.
- more 'accepted here' icons.
- Images uploaded to the repository individually and also in sets where they are likely to be used together (e.g. icons for all bitassets grouped into one image, like a 'vending machine' or game.)

Once all this is done we will have a gold mine of branding materials to use in all markets.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 12:21:27 pm by matt608 »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
yes i'll post all gfx from official bitshares.org urls ...
Also i'm just using this urls in all my posts here... cause when i'm updating gfx... it's updated all over the place  …
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 08:14:08 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
@cass please also post the official bitshares.org ulr for your info gfx .. so that when we link them .. they are also updated ..

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Money IN / Money OUT fields are placeholder... maybe a short intro for each section ...?

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Offline graffenwalder

[INFOGFX]

I thought inactivity fees, didn't apply anymore.
Also if they now do, I find it strange that bitassets, should have them to.

This would make our get interest on your bitassets pitch a bit more difficult, since you would have to move them. Not a problem for us now. But maybe when we reach mass adoption it's a different story.
We would have to explain, yes you earn interest, but only if you send your funds around, not real simple

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I've closed most of posts here on branding board! But not cause i don't want that this should be discussed instead of keep it clean an easy and fast to find...!

All things can discussed here in this thread, pls reference just to one of Post titles ... for example

[LOGO] …

"yeah i like it but …"

and so on ...

cheers
c
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 04:10:22 pm by cass »