The nullstreet repository is practically completely empty, I could really use some big and impressive branding materials.
Bitasset icons. We've got these:https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4167.msg52384#msg52384
Which are good but they are just for bitUSD and aren't really big enough to use in many types branding. We are branding a currency, it's really important that it looks stunning and captures people's imaginations. We want people to see a bitUSD or bitCNY image and think 'woah, that is cool'. Something futuristic and energetic, yet simple enough to be understood and strong enough to be trusted.
So we need to think about images of bitUSD coins and notes, bitCNY coins and notes, bitEUR coins and notes, bitGOLD coins and notes, just to start off with. The images of the notes can double up as paper wallets.
For off-site branding we need graphics for the press to use, banner ads, graphics for bitshares blogs posts and threads on bitcointalk. We need dazzling graphics with the bitshares logo on - bigger images, with shiny and abstract patterns on which represent the bitshares ecosystem, a bit like this kind of image: http://bitshares.org/bitshares-prototypes-much-more-than-an-altcoin/
or this kind of thing:https://www.facebook.com/officialbitshares/photos/a.408139679332800.1073741827.408134445999990/508672572612843/?type=1&theater
A question: Do we want all bitasset icons or coin/note images to look basically the same but just with a different name + colour? I think there needs to be a careful balance struck between distinctiveness of each bitasset's images and a shared theme with the "b" for BitShares on all of them. There could be different levels of variation between different type of image.
So in summary we need sets of images for each bitasset.
- Coin image - moderate differences between each bitasset, e.g. size stays the same + "b", but different colour, thickness, possibly different fonts.
- Note image (+paper wallet) - overlapping theme, same size, different pictures on the notes (that's a whole discussion in itself)
- bigger banners, for ads and press (for BitShares + bitassets) - Can be very different for different bitassets (with a "b" on each bitasset images)
- smaller icons for use in white papers and less image-heavey explanations. - Can be basically the same for different bitassets with just colour differences.
- more 'accepted here' icons.
- Images uploaded to the repository individually and also in sets where they are likely to be used together (e.g. icons for all bitassets grouped into one image, like a 'vending machine' or game.)
Once all this is done we will have a gold mine of branding materials to use in all markets.