I'd like to see many more (managed) slates among the elected delegates to build a web-of-trust using delegate slates such as delegate.xeroc
The advantage of having several trusted sources of slates are:
- users have no need to evaluate 101 delegates
- if I trust delegate xyz .. and the delegates (how is supposedly connected to some of the other delegates) trust delegate abc, why shouldn't I?
- assuming delegate uvy disappoints (fraud, misuse, reliability, ...) removing it from slates would directly affect all future transactions made via "as delegates recommend" - firing a delegate should be easier that way.Helper script:
I published a script (originally wrote it for fuzz) which should be quite easy to use:https://github.com/xeroc/delegate-slate
1) $ git clone https://github.com/xeroc/delegate-slate
2) $ cp config-example.py config.py
3) modify config.py accordingly
4) Run the script with $ python main.pyExample configuration:
## URL to RPC API of clientExample output:
url = "http://10.0.0.16:19988/rpc"
## User as defined with --rpcuser=test or BitShares config file
user = 'username'
## User as defined with --rpcpassword=test or BitShares config file
passwd = 'password'
## Wallet name ( default: default :) )
wallet = "default"
## Unlock passphrase for the wallet
unlock = ""
## Delegate for which to publish a slate
delegate = "delegate.xeroc"
## Delegate which pays for the slate broadcast transaction
payee = "payouts.xeroc"
## NOTE: the private keys for both, "delegate" and "payee", must be in
## available in the wallet!
## List of trusted delegates
trusted = [
Opening connection to client
Opening wallet delegate
Unapproving all previously approve delegates
Approving trusted delegates
Transactions ID: 88ed833a426d96ad93a95553e870da8eaaae7bd4
If you publish your slate please consider announcing your slate and keeping it up to date. I hope that svk eventually finds the time to list delegates slate separately and allows browsing their approvals.