Author [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: 1M Bounty BM Proposed on Jan 14 - Bitcoin Wallet Instead  (Read 1446 times)

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile
1M Bounty BM Proposed on Jan 14 - Bitcoin Wallet Instead
« on: January 31, 2015, 08:31:20 PM »

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13256.msg173664#msg173664

How about putting that bounty toward the Bitcoin Wallet proposal?

"We need to build a bitcoin wallet.  branded as a bitcoin wallet, that allows hedging of bitcoin with no counterparty  risk.   Bitshares is never mentioned.  perhaps bitusdis mentioned, but it is certainly not front and centre.   IF we do that then we begin a stampede into bitUSD on the next bitcoin price drop.   And we dont have to pay a penny in advertising.  Coindesk, word of mouth and reddit will do all the work for us.   You won't be able to get Barry Silbert and every other pundit to shut up about how bitcoins volatility problem has been solved on CNBC." Bitmarket

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13882.msg180557#msg180557

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
Re: 1M Bounty BM Proposed on Jan 14 - Bitcoin Wallet Instead
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 09:20:03 PM »
Sounds interesting.

Are there any examples & numbers of any other products that have previously been integrated into a Bitcoin branded wallet and enjoyed success as a result?

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 09:22:36 PM »

"We need to build a bitcoin wallet.  branded as a bitcoin wallet, that allows hedging of bitcoin with no counterparty  risk.   Bitshares is never mentioned.  perhaps bitusdis mentioned, but it is certainly not front and centre.   IF we do that then we begin a stampede into bitUSD on the next bitcoin price drop.   And we dont have to pay a penny in advertising.  Coindesk, word of mouth and reddit will do all the work for us.   You won't be able to get Barry Silbert and every other pundit to shut up about how bitcoins volatility problem has been solved on CNBC." Bitmarket

How or why should Bitshares be mentioned when we don't even have a website or a complete product?

I only say this because that is yours and others response to the criticisms of the marketing teams, past and present, lack of of marketing.

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 09:37:38 PM »

How or why should Bitshares be mentioned when we don't even have a website or a complete product?

I only say this because that is yours and others response to the criticisms of the marketing teams, past and present, lack of of marketing.

Website is up.  BM mentioned we might see the lightweight wallet in the next few days in his last Mumble session.  Let's be clear, my criticism about the marketing was I didn't believe the promises that work was being done behind the scenes were actually being done. I stepped up, offered my small contribution and watched Nullstreet grow. Concerning the 1M bounty, I rather see those  funds moved toward developing a Bitcoin wallet with BitUSD integration than promoting a product that's not easy to use beyond the biggest BitShares followers. Timing is everything, this is a great way to get 100,000+ eyeballs on our solution. We need something to kick off the network effect.

Like Bitmarket outlined, a Bitcoin wallet that addresses the volatility issue with our solution is a win/win.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 09:43:11 PM by hpenvy2 »

sumantso

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 10:21:01 PM »
If we have 1M to burn, offer it to Btc-e. The marketcap growth will pay it back with reduced dilution and/or ability to hire a lot more employees.

I had a detailed proposal regarding how to award it in parts and concentrate on making them add BitFiat deposit option initially.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BTS: clains
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 10:23:32 PM »
To my ears that ploy sounds like pure marketing genius.
Vote for BTS-2 witness: spectral (1.6.30)

Follow https://steemit.com/@clains

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 10:44:39 PM »
If we have 1M to burn, offer it to Btc-e. The marketcap growth will pay it back with reduced dilution and/or ability to hire a lot more employees.

I had a detailed proposal regarding how to award it in parts and concentrate on making them add BitFiat deposit option initially.

It's been over a year since they added a coin. I would love to see our options on there, it just doesn't seem to be a priority for them.

It doesn't hurt to make the offer.

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 10:48:25 PM »
We are bitcoins killer app.   If we put our egos aside and make the best bitcoin wallet possible with built in hedging, millions will flow into bitUSD and the users will never have evenheard of bitshares.

The bitcoin headline reads....

"Receive and send bitcoin. Hedge bitcoin price without counter party risk.  Bitcoins killer app is here."
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline Xeldal

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 10:50:52 PM »
We are bitcoins killer app.   If we put our egos aside and make the best bitcoin wallet possible with built in hedging, millions will flow into bitUSD and the users will never have evenheard of bitshares.

"Receive and send bitcoin. Hedge bitcoin price without counter party risk.  Bitcoins killer app is here."

+5% +5%

Offline ticklebiscuit

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2015, 10:57:18 PM »

This guy is one ofnthe smartest sgrotes on the planet.  Bitcoin wallet that stealthily advertising your tech. 
Jump on the train to bitcoin/bitshares marriage and honeymoon.  Maybe we an let people pay to watch the  "behind the scenes" honeymoon footage. As long as they are not playing bingo ot shoild bring customers.

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2015, 11:00:36 PM »

This reminds me of your BM blog challenge. We already have infrastructure to help their large user base.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2015, 11:48:28 PM »
I would support a bounty for this.

Offline GaltReport

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2015, 12:33:07 AM »

+5% +5%

+5% - super idea

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2015, 12:50:07 AM »
I don't think it even needs a bounty.  The regular delegate system is working well.

It is relatively low hanging fruit and is already 90% done.

bitshares lite wallet is in final  initial alpha testing.
shape shift API and lens code is open source and ready to use.   And I have a friend with an established bitcoin wallet that is open source. He cannot dedicate developers to doing this but is happy to push it live in his existing wallet with thousands of users.   We are talking a month or two tops of development if someone from this community can do that.
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2015, 01:21:42 AM »
I don't think it even needs a bounty.  The regular delegate system is working well.

It is relatively low hanging fruit and is already 90% done.

bitshares lite wallet is in final  initial alpha testing.
shape shift API and lens code is open source and ready to use.   And I have a friend with an established bitcoin wallet that is open source. He cannot dedicate developers to doing this but is happy to push it live in his existing wallet with thousands of users.   We are talking a month or two tops of development if someone from this community can do that.

+1 to small input, big payback.

Bitshares has many technical work been done and to be done, this is very fundamental work and everything including markting plan built on that. But maybe to creat another direction, what about we start trying to run bitshares like running real companies? Most companies is sales-oriented, i.e. let marketing initiatives lead the project.

Maybe we are already doing this, but not enough I think because we ignored many brilliant marketing ideas and this bitcoin wallet idea is brilliant.

Google+