Author Topic: Shilling Coins: The next alt cryptocurrency to utilize the BitShares platform..?  (Read 8890 times)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Thank You @Chuckone :)
Rob just retweeted me again to another 16,000+ followers, including Crypto Coins News!

More retweets needed PLEASE: https://twitter.com/CryptoCoinsNews/status/619412542927077376

Would be nice to have someone with contacts to be able to meet with the owners of exchanges each time that kind of thing happens and try to convince them to join BitShares
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Thank You @Chuckone :)
Rob just retweeted me again to another 16,000+ followers, including Crypto Coins News!

More retweets needed PLEASE: https://twitter.com/CryptoCoinsNews/status/619412542927077376
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile

just something worth mentioning...did you know that everything kencode has done has been done with him holding only 16,000 total shares? 

Dang Ken, I thought you would be a whale!

Me too! Very surprised he's not hodling at leat a million shares (or several).

@kencode did a solid job with very limited ressources. He's the kind of guy I want in my team when I'm at work. Getting things done, annoying some people in the process with his sense or urgency by whipping asses, but doing the job nevertheless. I've seen several people with that kind of attitude up to now in my career and they always end up accomplishing more than others. He might not be the most loved around here and some people might not be comfortable with the way he does things, but he still makes it happen. Even if he falls, I know he'll get up again and keep moving forward. The kind of soldier that picks up the flag when the other in front of him drops it after being shot. We need that kind of people in our community.

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
Ken continues to have my full support and vote (even if I don't agree with 100% of what he does - he does do and try).
+5%
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

just something worth mentioning...did you know that everything kencode has done has been done with him holding only 16,000 total shares? 

Dang Ken, I thought you would be a whale!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

Ken needs to bone up on the technology before he deserves to be paid to push it. Just my opinion.

If we all had to wait until we had a perfect understanding of Bitshares before we could promote it, there would be like 10 people in the world capable of promoting it.   Better to promote, and learn more while you are doing it. 

Ken has already spend some of his own money paying for translations of articles and videos, and he has gotten us multiple news articles.  He is providing better ROI than plenty of other paid delegates, I'm sure.

We need to be more encouraging to other community members who are working hard to promote bitshares.  Its hard enough to keep motivated when the price is so low, if the community is negative towards you it is even more difficult.

Things will be better in 2.0 with referrals.  We wont need marketing delegates.  That means less inflation, and it means that promoters get compensated based on their results.  Then no one will need to complain about whether a delegate is doing enough. 

In the meantime, Ken is doing more than the majority of our marketing delegates I think, so if you want to vote some out I'd suggest you start with some of the others who have quit and are just redirecting funds to other peoples projects.

Also...did everyone know here that most all the "marketing delegates" were actually more like community organisation delegates? 
And finally, did you all know that most of the fhnds being redirected to other projects have been in support of things they thought the community needed and not to enrich themselves?

They all deserve a pat on the back as far as im concerned. Id take them over a group of people who do nothing but complain without even caring to find solutions.  Its one thing to be constructively critisizing, and quite another to just put others down and leave the room filled with negativity. 

As for Ken, I respect him.  He never was asked to do all he has done...and he still does it despite his lack of bts invested personally...all the while enduring constant barrages of attacks. 
I wish those complaining would do 10% of what Ken has done here in his first 4 months as a member of the community.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
If someone is working hard to promote Bitshares and develop partnerships then they need our support.  If someone misunderstands the technology or it's implications then all they need is some help to get it right, it's not difficult.  It would not take much to correct any misunderstanding, if any, that Kencode has will it?!

It's a difficult time, waiting on the 2.0 testnet.....some of our community are incapable of sitting on their hands and good for them!!  Nothing wrong with being wrong, spotting something wrong, alerting someone they may be wrong, but lets do it in a positive way. We are in this together and we should be encouraging each other.  There is hopefully going to be a constant stream of enthusiastic people who want to help Bitshares but are slightly behind......including the majority of us here now!  ;D

Offline phillyguy

I'm not telling him not to promote BTS. I'm not telling you not to vote for him. I'm just saying I won't  vote for him and I wish he wasn't getting paid for the work he's attempting to do, because I don't think it's up to snuff - even at $5 an hour.

I don't know how to link to my old account posting history, but I'm sure someone can. You may not feel my comments were helpful or productive, but I never asked to be paid either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See your post above: "I won't vote for your delegate, and I'm hoping others will change their mind and bump you out."

Please keep in mind that you said you quit the forum before because of negative/rude posters. "I was a full member under the username Turkeyleg until I got disgusted with some rude members and quit the forum"

I hope that Ken doesn't decide to quit because of unfounded and derogatory criticism of his labors for the benefit of BitShares (most completely out of pocket). Granted that he is a type A personality, and charges ahead before he gathers cheerleaders, but that can be valuable if others were not so damn sensitive and protective oi their "turf", or merely ill-informed.

I think my criticisms of Ken's contributions are not derogatory or unfounded at all. I think my comments are direct and I'm not pulling any punches about the quality of his work. It's fine that I'm in the minority opinion - I appreciate the opportunity to say so.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
I'm fully confident in what ken is doing. He is advertising our product that is available right now WHICH HAS YEILD.  Until bts 2.0 comes out, there is no point in advertising it.  I respect phillyguys right to vote against ken even if he does get a little too personal, but I also know that philly fans bood Santa at an eagles game. Maybe it goes with the territory....

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Ken needs to bone up on the technology before he deserves to be paid to push it. Just my opinion.

Things will be better in 2.0 with referrals.  We wont need marketing delegates.  That means less inflation, and it means that promoters get compensated based on their results.  Then no one will need to complain about whether a delegate is doing enough. 

I'm so excited about that. It will sell itself, or at least, I hope so.

Offline onceuponatime

I'm not telling him not to promote BTS. I'm not telling you not to vote for him. I'm just saying I won't  vote for him and I wish he wasn't getting paid for the work he's attempting to do, because I don't think it's up to snuff - even at $5 an hour.

I don't know how to link to my old account posting history, but I'm sure someone can. You may not feel my comments were helpful or productive, but I never asked to be paid either.

See your post above: "I won't vote for your delegate, and I'm hoping others will change their mind and bump you out."

Please keep in mind that you said you quit the forum before because of negative/rude posters. "I was a full member under the username Turkeyleg until I got disgusted with some rude members and quit the forum"

I hope that Ken doesn't decide to quit because of unfounded and derogatory criticism of his labors for the benefit of BitShares (most completely out of pocket). Granted that he is a type A personality, and charges ahead before he gathers cheerleaders, but that can be valuable if others were not so damn sensitive and protective oi their "turf", or merely ill-informed.

Offline phillyguy

I'm voicing my opinion as a part of this consensus experiment, that's all.

Offline phillyguy

Offline Ander

• View Profile

If we all had to wait until we had a perfect understanding of Bitshares before we could promote it, there would be like 10 people in the world capable of promoting it.   Better to promote, and learn more while you are doing it. 

Ken has already spend some of his own money paying for translations of articles and videos, and he has gotten us multiple news articles.  He is providing better ROI than plenty of other paid delegates, I'm sure.

We need to be more encouraging to other community members who are working hard to promote bitshares.  Its hard enough to keep motivated when the price is so low, if the community is negative towards you it is even more difficult.

In the meantime, Ken is doing more than the majority of our marketing delegates I think, so if you want to vote some out I'd suggest you start with some of the others who have quit and are just redirecting funds to other peoples projects.

Offline onceuponatime

The problem is not the people that Ken is approaching, or degree of enthusiasm and effort. It's not personal. The reason why I do not think he should have a paid delegate position now, or a worker position in the future is this:

I don't think he is competent with the product, and I would prefer not to pay someone to proselytize BitShares if they don't understand it and cannot communicate it effectively.

If Ken is on Twitter, Reddit, bitcointalk.com, etc and he is making statements about BTS and he is flat out wrong - I don't think that is worth ANY amount of delegate pay. I made a similar comment about a week ago when he was talking about yield on BitAssets.

Could you please link me to your previous posting history under "Turkeyleg"?

I would like to see what your opinion is worth (in my estimation).

Ken continues to have my full support and vote (even if I don't agree with 100% of what he does - he does do and try).

Offline phillyguy

The problem is not the people that Ken is approaching, or degree of enthusiasm and effort. It's not personal. The reason why I do not think he should have a paid delegate position now, or a worker position in the future is this:

I don't think he is competent with the product, and I would prefer not to pay someone to proselytize BitShares if they don't understand it and cannot communicate it effectively.

If Ken is on Twitter, Reddit, bitcointalk.com, etc and he is making statements about BTS and he is flat out wrong - I don't think that is worth ANY amount of delegate pay. I made a similar comment about a week ago when he was talking about yield on BitAssets.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 07:41:53 pm by phillyguy »

Offline Ander

• View Profile
It's not about the idea. but there are simply 1000 more coins with an actual user base that would justify time investment from a 100% delegate.

So lets go get them too.

Rather than comparing getting Shillingcoin to getting Banxshares, and seeing that it is very small, compare getting shillingcoin to nothing happening at all. 

Its not like this is the only thing Ken is working on, or the only thing he is going to do with his delegate.

Offline mangou007

The post important is not touching the biggest Numbers Right now and before 2.0 release...
Does not Matter the cost bringing one person by one is still progress!!!!
Keep up Ken and most important keep up each and everyone of us!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 10:40:28 am by mangou007 »
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone de BitShares
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares French gateway
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline Riverhead

It's not about the idea. but there are simply 1000 more coins with an actual user base that would justify time investment from a 100% delegate.

He said the tweet took him around five minutes. A 100% delegate earns around $5/hour...so he spent about $0.41 in delegate time. Not bad ROI if even one person visits bitshares.org and becomes interested.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

If three people out of the 30000 that see that tweet get into bitshares, then this is at least as effective as some of our earlier marketing efforts.

Winner for most optimistic post of the day award. :)

It's good to have that outlook.. most people would claim the opposite.. but there is such a thing as failing forward.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Ander

• View Profile
If three people out of the 30000 that see that tweet get into bitshares, then this is at least as effective as some of our earlier marketing efforts.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
Thank You @Ander :)
Thank You @cylonmaker2053 :)
Thank You @Riverhead :)

To the haters:
Guys, it doesn't matter how big or small the contact is. When I hold a Meetup for example, and if I only got to introduce ONE new person to BitShares that night, does it really matter if he was a whale or not?
What percentage of that 30,000+ followers above might sign up as a new user or tell a couple people? 1%? It only took me 5min to do that tweet too. How many new people now have heard about BitShares? In marketing something, you just play the numbers, big AND small :)

Cheers, @kenCode! i agree...you never know when reaching a single motivated person could have disproportionate future impact for our business.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Thank You @Ander :)
Thank You @cylonmaker2053 :)
Thank You @Riverhead :)

To the haters:
Guys, it doesn't matter how big or small the contact is. When I hold a Meetup for example, and if I only got to introduce ONE new person to BitShares that night, does it really matter if he was a whale or not?
What percentage of that 30,000+ followers above might sign up as a new user or tell a couple people? 1%? It only took me 5min to do that tweet too. How many new people now have heard about BitShares? In marketing something, you just play the numbers, big AND small :)
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
BAMM!
..and thanx to Rob Viglione and Shilling Coins, the #Bitshares hashtag and @_bitshares account just got retweeted to OVER 30,000 PEOPLE 8)

Look at FTC, they're pow as well and switching to Bitshares. Don't worry about how "big" they are, I bring'm big and small, it's all bout the fees baby ;)

Thank You @ebit :)
Thank You @lil_jay890 :)

What fees Ken? Who is going to buy a UIA for a POW coin that nobody is buying already? How are they going to integrate with Bitshares 2.0? Who is going to do the technical heavy lifting? I seriously doubt the Dev team is going to do it for you, even if you offered to pay them some pittance of a bounty.

It is increasingly clear to me that you are not capable of providing technical value to BTS and frankly, your high level understanding of what is happening here is pretty poor too - which makes you an ineffective marketer.

I won't vote for your delegate, and I'm hoping others will change their mind and bump you out.
  +5%

Offline Riverhead

Ken ran on a platform of bringing eyes and business to the network. He's doing just that. As an open platform it is not for us to judge how or why a business wants to use it. There are no gate keepers here.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
You guys...why are you hating on Ken for doing something.

Sure, its a tiny coin.  Its still a positive if it brings in even one fee, and exposes a few more people to bitshares. 

Maybe you are reacting to Ken overselling the size/importance of it.

Agreed! all this Ken hate is pointless. constructive suggestions can be productive, nasty bashing is just annoying.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
You guys...why are you hating on Ken for doing something.

Sure, its a tiny coin.  Its still a positive if it brings in even one fee, and exposes a few more people to bitshares. 

Maybe you are reacting to Ken overselling the size/importance of it. 

Offline phillyguy

BAMM!
..and thanx to Rob Viglione and Shilling Coins, the #Bitshares hashtag and @_bitshares account just got retweeted to OVER 30,000 PEOPLE 8)

Look at FTC, they're pow as well and switching to Bitshares. Don't worry about how "big" they are, I bring'm big and small, it's all bout the fees baby ;)

What fees Ken? Who is going to buy a UIA for a POW coin that nobody is buying already? How are they going to integrate with Bitshares 2.0? Who is going to do the technical heavy lifting? I seriously doubt the Dev team is going to do it for you, even if you offered to pay them some pittance of a bounty.

It is increasingly clear to me that you are not capable of providing technical value to BTS and frankly, your high level understanding of what is happening here is pretty poor too - which makes you an ineffective marketer.

I won't vote for your delegate, and I'm hoping others will change their mind and bump you out.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
BAMM!

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
What reasons whould there be for a PoW coin to switch over to BitShares DPOS .. and who would decide on the distribution?

IMHO this is a waste of resources

Good thing you voted him in as a delegate!

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
What reasons whould there be for a PoW coin to switch over to BitShares DPOS .. and who would decide on the distribution?

i don't get it either unless the coin were to give up its PoW and just act as a UIA on our blockchain. at that point it wouldn't really be an alt currency as much as a token for some DAC-type venture.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
The moore coins that can be brought in, the more transaction fees they will generate.  It doesn't matter if you like their product, as long as someone else does and uses our network to acquire their coins.

Great job Ken!

according to coinmarketcap this coin is not even listed.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
The moore coins that can be brought in, the more transaction fees they will generate.  It doesn't matter if you like their product, as long as someone else does and uses our network to acquire their coins.

Great job Ken!

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
I like hutercoin.There is't web wallet. You can bring  hutercoin onboard with BitShares!!
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I'm creating more bounties today and hope to have them posted by tonight, then I can get started on BitShares POS todo list tomorrow morn for review/approval by the CMX crew. Then the hiring can begin :)

CNX

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
Shilling Coin is quite large even though they have a lack of media exposure right now, they have over 17,000 twitter followers too, a popular alt to say the least.

Dude - they had to follow 17,900 people to gain 17,700 followers in return. They probably ran some automated tool to do that. This is not a popular alt, at all. Their website and product both appear to be highly suspect.

this. they obviously don't monitor their twitter, it's just bot-run.

waste of work time

Offline phillyguy

Shilling Coin is quite large even though they have a lack of media exposure right now, they have over 17,000 twitter followers too, a popular alt to say the least.

Dude - they had to follow 17,900 people to gain 17,700 followers in return. They probably ran some automated tool to do that. This is not a popular alt, at all. Their website and product both appear to be highly suspect.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I'd like to bring a LOT of viable altcoins onto the BitShares blockchain, allow them to create their UIA with us and trade with us. Shilling Coin is quite large even though they have a lack of media exposure right now, they have over 17,000 twitter followers too, a popular alt to say the least.

Shilling follows me on twitter too so when I show them love, they can retweet me which in turn takes more clicks to BitShares, gets me some more contacts (like at Feathercoin) and so on. The network effect. Not all the alts are winners, but I use metrics like twitter followers, media coverage, market cap, alexa rank and so on.

I'm creating more bounties today and hope to have them posted by tonight, then I can get started on BitShares POS todo list tomorrow morn for review/approval by the CMX crew. Then the hiring can begin :)
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
how close are they to making the decision to join our network? is this the start or the tail end of the persuasion campaign?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Please Comment, Favorite and Retweet, I may be able to bring Shilling Coin onboard with BitShares!! 8)
https://twitter.com/kenCode_de/status/618727079136350208
Now, as an active delegate you should be A LOT more cautious about what advises you give .. in particular investment advices (direct or indirect), such as altcoins!

The Shilling coin page does not even have an imprint or a contact address and can easily be mixed up with Ethereum's Schilling project!

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Please Comment, Favorite and Retweet, I may be able to bring Shilling Coin onboard with BitShares!! 8)
https://twitter.com/kenCode_de/status/618727079136350208
www.PalmPay.chat