Author Topic: Shilling Coins: The next alt cryptocurrency to utilize the BitShares platform..?  (Read 8869 times)

Offline onceuponatime

The problem is not the people that Ken is approaching, or degree of enthusiasm and effort. It's not personal. The reason why I do not think he should have a paid delegate position now, or a worker position in the future is this:

I don't think he is competent with the product, and I would prefer not to pay someone to proselytize BitShares if they don't understand it and cannot communicate it effectively.

If Ken is on Twitter, Reddit, bitcointalk.com, etc and he is making statements about BTS and he is flat out wrong - I don't think that is worth ANY amount of delegate pay. I made a similar comment about a week ago when he was talking about yield on BitAssets.

Ken needs to bone up on the technology before he deserves to be paid to push it. Just my opinion.

Could you please link me to your previous posting history under "Turkeyleg"?

I would like to see what your opinion is worth (in my estimation).

Ken continues to have my full support and vote (even if I don't agree with 100% of what he does - he does do and try).

Offline phillyguy

The problem is not the people that Ken is approaching, or degree of enthusiasm and effort. It's not personal. The reason why I do not think he should have a paid delegate position now, or a worker position in the future is this:

I don't think he is competent with the product, and I would prefer not to pay someone to proselytize BitShares if they don't understand it and cannot communicate it effectively.

If Ken is on Twitter, Reddit, bitcointalk.com, etc and he is making statements about BTS and he is flat out wrong - I don't think that is worth ANY amount of delegate pay. I made a similar comment about a week ago when he was talking about yield on BitAssets.

Ken needs to bone up on the technology before he deserves to be paid to push it. Just my opinion.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 07:41:53 pm by phillyguy »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
It's not about the idea. but there are simply 1000 more coins with an actual user base that would justify time investment from a 100% delegate.

So lets go get them too.

Rather than comparing getting Shillingcoin to getting Banxshares, and seeing that it is very small, compare getting shillingcoin to nothing happening at all. 

Its not like this is the only thing Ken is working on, or the only thing he is going to do with his delegate.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mangou007

The post important is not touching the biggest Numbers Right now and before 2.0 release...
Does not Matter the cost bringing one person by one is still progress!!!!
Keep up Ken and most important keep up each and everyone of us!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 10:40:28 am by mangou007 »
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone de BitShares
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares French gateway
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline Riverhead

It's not about the idea. but there are simply 1000 more coins with an actual user base that would justify time investment from a 100% delegate.

He said the tweet took him around five minutes. A 100% delegate earns around $5/hour...so he spent about $0.41 in delegate time. Not bad ROI if even one person visits bitshares.org and becomes interested.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

If three people out of the 30000 that see that tweet get into bitshares, then this is at least as effective as some of our earlier marketing efforts.

Winner for most optimistic post of the day award. :)

It's good to have that outlook.. most people would claim the opposite.. but there is such a thing as failing forward.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Ander

• View Profile
If three people out of the 30000 that see that tweet get into bitshares, then this is at least as effective as some of our earlier marketing efforts.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
Thank You @Ander :)
Thank You @cylonmaker2053 :)
Thank You @Riverhead :)

To the haters:
Guys, it doesn't matter how big or small the contact is. When I hold a Meetup for example, and if I only got to introduce ONE new person to BitShares that night, does it really matter if he was a whale or not?
What percentage of that 30,000+ followers above might sign up as a new user or tell a couple people? 1%? It only took me 5min to do that tweet too. How many new people now have heard about BitShares? In marketing something, you just play the numbers, big AND small :)

Cheers, @kenCode! i agree...you never know when reaching a single motivated person could have disproportionate future impact for our business.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Thank You @Ander :)
Thank You @cylonmaker2053 :)
Thank You @Riverhead :)

To the haters:
Guys, it doesn't matter how big or small the contact is. When I hold a Meetup for example, and if I only got to introduce ONE new person to BitShares that night, does it really matter if he was a whale or not?
What percentage of that 30,000+ followers above might sign up as a new user or tell a couple people? 1%? It only took me 5min to do that tweet too. How many new people now have heard about BitShares? In marketing something, you just play the numbers, big AND small :)
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
BAMM!
..and thanx to Rob Viglione and Shilling Coins, the #Bitshares hashtag and @_bitshares account just got retweeted to OVER 30,000 PEOPLE 8)

Look at FTC, they're pow as well and switching to Bitshares. Don't worry about how "big" they are, I bring'm big and small, it's all bout the fees baby ;)

Thank You @ebit :)
Thank You @lil_jay890 :)

What fees Ken? Who is going to buy a UIA for a POW coin that nobody is buying already? How are they going to integrate with Bitshares 2.0? Who is going to do the technical heavy lifting? I seriously doubt the Dev team is going to do it for you, even if you offered to pay them some pittance of a bounty.

It is increasingly clear to me that you are not capable of providing technical value to BTS and frankly, your high level understanding of what is happening here is pretty poor too - which makes you an ineffective marketer.

I won't vote for your delegate, and I'm hoping others will change their mind and bump you out.
  +5%

Offline Riverhead

Ken ran on a platform of bringing eyes and business to the network. He's doing just that. As an open platform it is not for us to judge how or why a business wants to use it. There are no gate keepers here.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
You guys...why are you hating on Ken for doing something.

Sure, its a tiny coin.  Its still a positive if it brings in even one fee, and exposes a few more people to bitshares. 

Maybe you are reacting to Ken overselling the size/importance of it.

Agreed! all this Ken hate is pointless. constructive suggestions can be productive, nasty bashing is just annoying.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
You guys...why are you hating on Ken for doing something.

Sure, its a tiny coin.  Its still a positive if it brings in even one fee, and exposes a few more people to bitshares. 

Maybe you are reacting to Ken overselling the size/importance of it. 

Offline phillyguy

BAMM!
..and thanx to Rob Viglione and Shilling Coins, the #Bitshares hashtag and @_bitshares account just got retweeted to OVER 30,000 PEOPLE 8)

Look at FTC, they're pow as well and switching to Bitshares. Don't worry about how "big" they are, I bring'm big and small, it's all bout the fees baby ;)

Thank You @ebit :)
Thank You @lil_jay890 :)

What fees Ken? Who is going to buy a UIA for a POW coin that nobody is buying already? How are they going to integrate with Bitshares 2.0? Who is going to do the technical heavy lifting? I seriously doubt the Dev team is going to do it for you, even if you offered to pay them some pittance of a bounty.

It is increasingly clear to me that you are not capable of providing technical value to BTS and frankly, your high level understanding of what is happening here is pretty poor too - which makes you an ineffective marketer.

I won't vote for your delegate, and I'm hoping others will change their mind and bump you out.