Author Topic: IOTA + Bitshares  (Read 25144 times)

Offline mr-whitekey

Where are we with this project? I have seen very few updates.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
IOTA update:

It has been awhile since our preliminary discussions about potential overlap and collaboration with the Bitshares community. In the past 6 months we have been dilligently developing, testing and optimizing the world's first blockless blockchain with zero fees for IoT, but our vision for unifying the different ledgers is just as strong as it was back in late 2015.

If anyone from Bitshares is still interested in discussions about collaboration, let us know, and check out the new website www.iotatoken.com :)
Thank you very much for the update. I do have two questions:

- Do I understand it right that your consensus mechanism is probabilistic, such that you can say "this 'block' will be permanent with a probability of p(confirmations or weight)"?
- What gives your token value if you are not asking for a fee? Why would I want to buy into this?

Offline iota

• View Profile
    • IOTA
IOTA update:

It has been awhile since our preliminary discussions about potential overlap and collaboration with the Bitshares community. In the past 6 months we have been dilligently developing, testing and optimizing the world's first blockless blockchain with zero fees for IoT, but our vision for unifying the different ledgers is just as strong as it was back in late 2015.

If anyone from Bitshares is still interested in discussions about collaboration, let us know, and check out the new website www.iotatoken.com :)

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
I just had an idea.

Why don't we trade an IOTA UIA on the BTS chain as a way grow the community!?

I can't believe I'm the only person to ever think of this?

I'll chip in some, but  I'm not computer savy, or as reputable as someone like Stan.

We do want to grow the community right?
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
It's official IOTA will be partnering with Microsoft's Azure Blockchain as a Service project

This is part of the news that I have been alluding to in the last week, and more details will be made available soon. We are really excited and happy to join Microsoft in their endeavor to be on the forefront of distributed ledgers and cloud technology.

More exciting news on the horizon

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1216479.msg14052128#msg14052128

Before Bitshares, incredible. Congratulations'
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
It's official IOTA will be partnering with Microsoft's Azure Blockchain as a Service project

This is part of the news that I have been alluding to in the last week, and more details will be made available soon. We are really excited and happy to join Microsoft in their endeavor to be on the forefront of distributed ledgers and cloud technology.

More exciting news on the horizon

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1216479.msg14052128#msg14052128

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
The last day of the IOTA crowdsale is here! At 23:59 / 11:59 PM UTC the crowdsale is over. So far we have raised 850+ BTC and 41 000+ JINN tokens (~250 BTC), so half a million dollars from 400+ People!

congratz
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline DMo09

• View Profile
 +5%
Thanks and good luck! 

Offline iota

• View Profile
    • IOTA
The last day of the IOTA crowdsale is here! At 23:59 / 11:59 PM UTC the crowdsale is over. So far we have raised 850+ BTC and 41 000+ JINN tokens (~250 BTC), so half a million dollars from 400+ People!

Looking forward to collaborating with Bitshares when you guys are ready!

Offline iota

• View Profile
    • IOTA
Just letting everyone know that there's 2 days left of the 'Early Adopter' period where you get 7.5% more IOTA for your btc. Like Ronny mentioned there'll be more coverage soon!

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
thank you very much. Good luck with the project!
Looking forward to a nice collaboration in the future with bitshares.
Thanks, we too. The ball is largely in your (Bitshares') Court. We've been open and ready to discuss collaboration and overlap for weeks, so just let us know when you guys are ready :)

Also: IOTA's first sale period, 'Pioneer', is ending today at 14:00 UTC. This period yields 15% more IOTA to the purchaser.

So far we've raised over 460 BTC and 35 000 JINN (equivalent to ~220BTC)

I highly recommend that you join in our weekly meeting via mumble  this Friday 10am EST.  Bytemaster will be there talking and sharing with a number of community members.

Mumble details - https://beyondbitcoin.org/mumbleinfo/

Agreed. Please join our mumble

cant wait to include IOTA in connection with Bitteaser and their payment transactions as a use case next weeks Forbes article, warming up to a bigger article with IOTA on OpenLedger, that would be cool, so I hope Bytemaster will find a way to connect this asap.
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
Thanks, we too. The ball is largely in your (Bitshares') Court. We've been open and ready to discuss collaboration and overlap for weeks, so just let us know when you guys are ready :)

Also: IOTA's first sale period, 'Pioneer', is ending today at 14:00 UTC. This period yields 15% more IOTA to the purchaser.

I highly recommend that you join in our weekly meeting via mumble  this Friday 10am EST.  Bytemaster will be there talking and sharing with a number of community members.

Agreed. Please join our mumble

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline iota

• View Profile
    • IOTA

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile