Author Topic: Marketing plan for Bitshares 2.1  (Read 16332 times)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
Here's some tri-fold flyers and business cards you can use if you like (they might need to be updated a bit though):
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=15840.0

+5%

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Here's some tri-fold flyers and business cards you can use if you like (they might need to be updated a bit though):
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=15840.0
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
This just got me to thinking.

Maybe a lot of people are scared to market because BitShares changes so much and it's difficult to keep up with.

Back before we knew 2.0 was coming, I used to do quite a bit of pretend-journalism and evangelizing on reddit.

I was trying to introduce new people to BTS in posts that I thought easily presented an opportunity. I was attempting to give out as accurate of info as I understood But even then it was getting ahead of me, and in a couple of the posts a respected former community member came on and basically told people to ignore me because I was full of shit (in so many words), didn't send me a courtesy pm to correct my inaccuracies or anything. I felt as though I my efforts were counterproductive, not to mention feeling like a complete idiot because I had a certain degree of respect for this person who simply wrote me off.

After that I've been too scared to market for fear of sounding like a total fool, though I did in and contribute to lists of newspapers and such in nullstreet.

But I was thinking, now that BTS 2.0 is here, we should prepare a set of standardized marketing materials, graphics, one-liners, and catchphrases, that have been VETTED and PRE-APPROVED by really smart people, that only give details that are SET IN STONE. That way people who aren't quite as smart can participate without being worried about unintentionally spreading misinformation.

i agree. i ramped up my Bitshares evangelizing pre-2.0, then things changed from the pitch i was making to people, so i backed off to let the 2.0 dust settle. then i tinkered with 2.0 for a few months, liked what i saw, and then resumed the evangelism. we have an awesome set of products, technology, and growing network; definitely time to put together a core message and have our minions then fan out and spread the word.

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

This just got me to thinking.

Maybe a lot of people are scared to market because BitShares changes so much and it's difficult to keep up with.

Back before we knew 2.0 was coming, I used to do quite a bit of pretend-journalism and evangelizing on reddit.

I was trying to introduce new people to BTS in posts that I thought easily presented an opportunity. I was attempting to give out as accurate of info as I understood But even then it was getting ahead of me, and in a couple of the posts a respected former community member came on and basically told people to ignore me because I was full of shit (in so many words), didn't send me a courtesy pm to correct my inaccuracies or anything. I felt as though I my efforts were counterproductive, not to mention feeling like a complete idiot because I had a certain degree of respect for this person who simply wrote me off.

After that I've been too scared to market for fear of sounding like a total fool, though I did in and contribute to lists of newspapers and such in nullstreet.

But I was thinking, now that BTS 2.0 is here, we should prepare a set of standardized marketing materials, graphics, one-liners, and catchphrases, that have been VETTED and PRE-APPROVED by really smart people, that only give details that are SET IN STONE. That way people who aren't quite as smart can participate without being worried about unintentionally spreading misinformation.

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

I think the community is still recovering from the burn of all the effort that was put into nullstreet/related content at that time, but was wasted because 2.0 was being worked on but nobody knew.

I suspect everybody just might be waiting on some kind of catalyst that signals "go!"

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
So I guess it's better to forget 2.1 campaign for now.

Sad, just sad.  :-\

BitShares News went down as well.  :-\

Let's not get sentimental. This didn't work out but it did reveal a problem: how we should collaborate in cases like this? If we can fix that, we can collaborate more efficiently in the future with cases like this marketing campaign. This inspired me to look for solutions like project management tools.

Why did you not use a microphone to speak up?

I didn't have time to attend live hangout, I listened to the recording later.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Who is in charge of numbering the releases? Why not upgrade with our next major hardforck.
In fact, no one is. The closest we have to this would be CNX.

How far is @xeroc with the library documentation for developers?
Those are ready to be used but not "complete" (they probably never will
because of the nature of a library :) )

http://python-graphenelib.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
I'd recommend talking about this in next friday's Mumble hangout ..

I left a question on the hangout thread but nobody asked it.

Why did you not use a microphone to speak up? I was in a public library that time.

Who is in charge of numbering the releases? Why not upgrade with our next major hardforck.

How far is @xeroc with the library documentation for developers?
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline Tuck Fheman

Sad, just sad.  :-\

BitShares News went down as well.  :-\

If nothing else, at least Jonny got to sell ~5 million of his stash during the pump. Success!  :P
Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Great to see that you all are getting interested in this!

But first things first: Are we going to do the 2.1 campaign or not?

If yes, we should know that as soon as possible so everybody can start to make their marketing plans.

If no, we need to think what's the best way to market individual features and/or the whole Bitshares system and should we do some other kind of campaign.

In any case, we need a word from developers as soon as possible. Devs are the people who decide the version number. Every day that you withhold the information is one day less for marketing campaign preparations.

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
Great to see that you all are getting interested in this!

But first things first: Are we going to do the 2.1 campaign or not?

If yes, we should know that as soon as possible so everybody can start to make their marketing plans.

If no, we need to think what's the best way to market individual features and/or the whole Bitshares system and should we do some other kind of campaign.

In any case, we need a word from developers as soon as possible. Devs are the people who decide the version number. Every day that you withhold the information is one day less for marketing campaign preparations.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
If we could have more 5-star reviews of the mobile wallet, it will bump ours above a lot of the bitcoin wallets and get some traction:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.bitsharesmunich.wallet

Please share that link with your friends, have them leave us a 5-star review, this reflects on BitShares so I am trying to promote it as much as possible.
Those 5-star reviews are very important for google SEO. Thanx! :)
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
I am not a Marketer, this is why I work with Chris4210. He is out there every single day guys shaking hands with Executives from billion dollar corporations, flying to Amsterdam and other events (his parents paid the way for him thusfar, but cannot continue that forever!), organizing Meetups, tweeting and doing everything a successful Marketer can do with no income.

I can get a successful team of Marketers together, but REAL Marketers cost money. As you know, I do not hire Americans or other high priced labor, I know that sounds bad, but this is one reason why I can build so much stuff so fast. I will get us a Marketing team now that will blow the doors off any other out there.

As Chris said, it's time to get LOUD. I/we need your support for it though...

i agree in bringing on professional marketing support, but recommend not outright excluding potentially valuable/innovative/efficient help from North America :)

often in life, you get what you pay for. Americans may be expensive, but they're also likely some of the best innovators in a wide range of professions, including marketing. i'm more interested in ROI / value maximization, rather than cost minimization.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
I am not a Marketer, this is why I work with Chris4210. He is out there every single day guys shaking hands with Executives from billion dollar corporations, flying to Amsterdam and other events (his parents paid the way for him thusfar, but cannot continue that forever!), organizing Meetups, tweeting and doing everything a successful Marketer can do with no income.

I can get a successful team of Marketers together, but REAL Marketers cost money. As you know, I do not hire Americans or other high priced labor, I know that sounds bad, but this is one reason why I can build so much stuff so fast. I will get us a Marketing team now that will blow the doors off any other out there.

As Chris said, it's time to get LOUD. I/we need your support for it though...

Fuck marketers. Become a marketer for yourself. It is not a rocket science.

marketing is part science and part art, but certainly a ton of value can be added by professionals. i'd be in favor of hiring professional marketing support, maybe someone from our community overseeing an outsourced team.

my recommendation is to target traders and those marketing their own trading strategies. get them on-board by showing them referral potential by promoting markets on our DEX.