Author [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: The real difference between AGS and PTS  (Read 2899 times)

Offline Talos

• View Profile
The real difference between AGS and PTS
« on: January 19, 2014, 11:20:57 AM »

What I wasn't sure about exactly was all the derived assets:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1696.0
What is the exact difference with PTS and AGS holders in relation to the blockchains for BitsharesX?

sumantso

Re: The real difference between AGS and PTS
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 11:37:36 AM »
Both AGS and PTS will give you BitsharesX (at 50/50) and all future I3 or I3 copyrighted DACs (at least 10/10). Bytemaster has said the next DACs after BitsharesX may also award 50/50.

If BitsharesX is released within May, 1 AGS will give you more BitsharesX than 1 PTS. Its likely it will be released much earlier, in which case AGS is a much more profitable way into BitsharesX. However, for future DACs, PTS is likely to be more profitable. Then, theres also the fact that PTS is liquid.

Bytemaster thinks that some alpha version will be available in early February. Once that happens, I guess the AGS donations will shoot up (it has been dropping over the past few days).
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 11:39:57 AM by sumantso »

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 12:19:32 PM »
Both AGS and PTS will give you BitsharesX (at 50/50) and all future I3 or I3 copyrighted DACs (at least 10/10). Bytemaster has said the next DACs after BitsharesX may also award 50/50.

If BitsharesX is released within May, 1 AGS will give you more BitsharesX than 1 PTS. Its likely it will be released much earlier, in which case AGS is a much more profitable way into BitsharesX. However, for future DACs, PTS is likely to be more profitable. Then, theres also the fact that PTS is liquid.

Bytemaster thinks that some alpha version will be available in early February. Once that happens, I guess the AGS donations will shoot up (it has been dropping over the past few days).

why should PTS be more profitable for future dacs?
PTS will shoot up equally in feb then though :)
where is the place where you can see how many ags you get for 1pts/btc again?
And right now how many

sumantso

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 12:43:15 PM »

why should PTS be more profitable for future dacs?
PTS will shoot up equally in feb then though :)
And right now how many

1> After 150 days (roughly), the AGS distributed will catch up with PTS. Then, it will overtake, so there will be more AGS than PTS (and it will stay that way untill all PTS are mined). Since AGS are cheaper than PTS, I guess you can say that AGS will remain more profitable/unit BTC spent.

2> It will, but early release means you get more BitsharesX per AGS than PTS. Currently, since you are getting more than 1 AGS/ 1 PTS anyways, its much more profitable. Assuming it releases in another 3 months (I am hoping it will be earlier), then you will get 2 BitsharesX/AGS but only some 1.33 BitsharesX/PTS.

3> http://www1.agsexplorer.com/  For some reason the AGS price has dropped even wrt PTS, so I guess it is the best time to get a few. Till date, on an average, AGS has been 1.8 AGS/PTS.

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 12:44:48 PM »
And right now how many

http://agsexplorer.com/

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 01:18:44 PM »
Thanks!
Did you mean that
is a much more profitable way into BitsharesX. However, for future DAC
with respect to future non invictus DACS ? And why?

sumantso

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 03:42:33 PM »
Thanks!
Did you mean that

I meant I3 DACs or I3 affiliated (who use I3 copyrighted code). But as I said in the next post if you see the number of DACs gained per unit BTC, AGS still remains more profitable.

Non I3 DACs apparently should honour only PTS, but I see no compelling argument for them to do so.

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
  • Witness: kokojie
  • Payrate: 3%
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 04:46:35 PM »
Thanks!
Did you mean that

I meant I3 DACs or I3 affiliated (who use I3 copyrighted code). But as I said in the next post if you see the number of DACs gained per unit BTC, AGS still remains more profitable.

Non I3 DACs apparently should honour only PTS, but I see no compelling argument for them to do so.

It can be a form of advertisement, offer a small bonus to PTS holders, and get them on board. Kinda like all the forum giveaways, except there's no need for someone to manually give away small amounts of coins, it's become automatic if you hold PTS.

Offline slacking

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 12:31:28 AM »
Yes, suppose two DAC's come out that do the same thing and one honors PTS holders and one doesn't....which do you think will be more popular?

Offline codinat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 08:44:40 AM »
我相信参与ags的没有傻子,出现这个结果一定是有原因的。
有没有这个可能呢?有人想借助ags捐赠数据打压pts价格,趁机低价吸货。
如果真是这样,我的策略是握紧手中的pts,直接拿手上的btc投ags。等pts相对btc价格上来后,再拿pts投。
没有btc的同志们就惨了
大家都是这样想的,我觉得现在是投btc.pts 都吃亏,因为btc 是硬货币,pts 一直在跌,bts可能跳票,ags 又不能交易,风险真的很大,持pts 稳妥。 :)

Offline Talos

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 11:28:27 AM »
我相信参与ags的没有傻子,出现这个结果一定是有原因的。
有没有这个可能呢?有人想借助ags捐赠数据打压pts价格,趁机低价吸货。
如果真是这样,我的策略是握紧手中的pts,直接拿手上的btc投ags。等pts相对btc价格上来后,再拿pts投。
没有btc的同志们就惨了
大家都是这样想的,我觉得现在是投btc.pts 都吃亏,因为btc 是硬货币,pts 一直在跌,bts可能跳票,ags 又不能交易,风险真的很大,持pts 稳妥。 :)

^ Me Lost in (Google) Translation!

"I believe that the participation ags no fool, this result must occur for a reason.
There is no this possible? Some people like to use the data to suppress pts ags donation rates, cheap Xihuo opportunity.
If so, my strategy is clenched hands pts, good btc direct investment ags on. After a relatively btc prices and other pts up, shouting pts vote.
No btc comrades miserable
We all think so, I think it is cast btc.pts all suffer because btc hard currency, pts been dropped, bts may bounce, ags and not trading, risk is really great, holding pts secure. :)"

Offline codinat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 12:06:55 PM »
Thamks!Talos

sumantso

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 12:16:11 PM »
Is he saying PTS makes more sense than AGS?

IMO, you should get both. AGS gives you more BitsharesX, while PTS is liquid and will give similar number of shares in future DACs.

The question, of course, is how much you expect the BitsharesX would be valued. If you think that they will be worth a lot, it makes sense to maximize the number you can get.

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 01:02:40 PM »
Will AGS eventually be traded on one of the exchanges?

sumantso

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2014, 01:10:54 PM »
Will AGS eventually be traded on one of the exchanges?

No; at least thats what I3 says. The current value of AGS as well as PTS is dependent on that. I3 can't suddenly change the structure after 3-4 weeks of donations done.

Google+