Author [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Noir Investment Group : NoirShares  (Read 16391 times)

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Noir Investment Group : NoirShares
« on: February 14, 2014, 04:05:42 PM »

NoirShares is the first hybrid Momentum PoS/PoW crypto. Momentum algo has memory hard qualities which make reduce GPU mining advantages.

The combination momentum Proof of Work with a Proof of stake implementation serves to guard against 51% attacks. 51% attacks are situations where a person or group holds hash power equivalent to 51% or more of total network hash. This allows them to double spend their shares through a first spend then overwritting the valid block chain with their own longer block chain. Proof-of-stake block generation reduces the risk of 51% attacks because the cost of acquiring 51% of all stake would be much higher due to having to buy at least 51% of all shares in existence, that and the cost of acquiring 51% of all mining power makes the cost of attempting and attack prohibitive if not down right imposiible as the price per share will rise as people notice the demand. In some cases other miners and traders will halt sales just to wait out for the highest price, thusly making it even more complicated and nigh impossible to achieve 51% control. In a 51% stake attack the attacker's investment would be directly at risk of losing value. By contrast, with a 51% mining attack on a pure PoW implementation  the attacker would still own the mining hardware which could either be sold or used to mine a different cryptocurrency following the attack.

These measures serve to secure the network also in that users are inclined to keep their nodes online in order to generate stake.

As proof-of-work blocks become less rewarding, coin generation becomes increasingly based on proof-of-stake block generation which in of it's own is energy efficient and requires less resources. Thus protecting the chain from attackers becomes far less expensive.

NoirShares Features and Parameters

Doubles as both currency and equity for the NIG group. 

80 shares per block initially

Per block difficulty adjustment

~ 5 million coins will be produced via PoW

5% block reward reduction every 3000 blocks

Minumum Stake age is 7 days, full age 14 days

Tx fees are 0.01 NRS are destroyed in an attempt at aggresively countering inflation due to mining and stake

As the chain progresses and transitions to relying more on PoS blocks, it becomes highly energy efficient in comparison to pure PoW coins. This weaning of reliance on high powered machines encourages the average user to be able to have a functioning node that if used properly can be profitable.

Posts will run concurrently here and on noirbitstalk.org

Details on NRS as a DAC candidate will be posted here and information relative to the Noir Investment group will be posted @  noirbits.org

Source code for review and Linux machines
https://github.com/Nameshar/NoirShares

addnode=107.170.254.5
addnode= 41.78.77.178
addnode=192.241.213.244
addnode=172.245.183.30
addnode=162.243.131.88
addnode=54.213.71.178
addnode=192.241.213.224
addnode=54.80.61.11
addnode=198.199.96.129
addnode=54.197.175.238

Windows and Mac clients in the works. Here is windows but it's got a few bumps, working to fix that now.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9cvOfoOekSdR3pNZG5PeWVmazg/edit

Stand alone windows miner

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mcep9fqjehq5vj9/pts-getwork.zip

Understanding how your investment works

Noir Investment Group

Investment Options

Block Crawler

nrs.argakiig.us/BlockCrawler

POOL
NRS Block Quarry

General Fund now open for Shares.

NRS :- 9cViAqUd7AKKZY5UyJUQo6nXCVJGTar1F7
PTS :- Pv2FwmEsDcTYaCipdTUiC4kfPtSfYY84iP
BTC :-  1Nf7PswAM87DWXfRLWxVVTjb8BYK3qfQuS
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 10:57:15 PM by barwizi »
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
Re: NoirShares Launch in 8 hours, don't panic.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 04:10:33 PM »
Why is it called Noirbits 2.0? Is there a 1.0 version, what happened to it?
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 04:21:08 PM »
Why a DAC candidate and why the separate forums?

I think of it as a DAC candidate as it meets the D and C parts, the A part however is not true for the structures being built around it. As a Investment group, the NIG will act as a trunk from which ventures will sprout grow and evolve. Many of the ideas behind this strategy are similar to existing ones, but the implementation is different. The NIG will have a tangible footprint in the world as time progresses through investment into many areas of commerce. While the first few will mostly be crypto-industry linked and related, the hope is to expand beyond the crypto world, and instead of just cycling money between involved parties, the intention is to begin taking active steps to foray into everyday life of the average person.

More details on the workings of the NIG will be available on the noirbitstalk.org forum. 

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 04:32:29 PM »
Why is it called Noirbits 2.0? Is there a 1.0 version, what happened to it?

Noirbits was my first attempt at crypto, most of my ideas turned to dust around the advent of multi-pools, the scrypt algorithm made it difficult to operate. NRT and NRB 2.0 where just ideas that i was bouncing around trying to get a feel for implementations, depth and viability. While some concepts were scrapped the accepted ones were merged into NRS, while it can be classified as an alt, it also is set to be the only accepted exchange medium on services that will be deployed once they are ready. As some are aware i have been tossing the idea of seperating crypto-currencies from the Bitcoin peg, to this end there is a serious pursit towards an exchange for NRS PTS MMC 2.0 and similar cryptos that will deal directly in fiat currencies, without need for conversion to BTC.

NRS, PTS and their derivatives are stand alone entities that need not be pegged to the value of BTC, they transcend the run of the mill cryptos in the way they are meant to be for more than P'n'D.
As a show of the dangers of reliance on the established hierachy of exchanges and the cross-conversions required, please look at this chart :-http://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/btce/btcusd  one false statement from Mt gox has turned the BTC Price into a yo-yo.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 04:54:09 PM »
Will you be honoring AGS and PTS?
Email me at [email protected]

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 05:04:04 PM »
Will you be honoring AGS and PTS?

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2919.0

NRS borrows the momentum code and there have been attempts to include a small share for PTS, however as you can see...information is not forth coming on how to include the balances.

AGS has no part in NRS, i was not funded, all my work was done alone with minimal assistance.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 05:11:28 PM by barwizi »

Offline crazybit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 05:13:19 PM »
why there are more than 7000  blocks to be download when i fist time launch the client, not launch in 8 hours? will the blockchain be reset?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 05:19:28 PM by CrazyBit »

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 05:17:16 PM »
why there are more than 7000 blocks to be download when i fist time launch the client, not lunch in 8 hours? will the blockchain be reseted?

Because it hasnt been launched yet, that is probably someone who saw me working on the dev stages and decided to try get a premine in. The official genesis will be uploaded in 7 hours.

Offline crazybit

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 05:23:48 PM »
why there are more than 7000 blocks to be download when i fist time launch the client, not lunch in 8 hours? will the blockchain be reseted?

Because it hasnt been launched yet, that is probably someone who saw me working on the dev stages and decided to try get a premine in. The official genesis will be uploaded in 7 hours.

do i need to clean the local blockchain data if i wanna mine after launch in 7hours

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 05:29:28 PM »

do i need to clean the local blockchain data if i wanna mine after launch in 7hours

yes you do, that chain is invalid. it has incorrect genesis block and does not include the code for adding PTS balances. Once i get an answer to my query, i'm importing the balances and uploading the code.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 06:57:41 PM »
what sets it apart form Peercoin?

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 07:53:55 PM »
what sets it apart form Peercoin?

uh...peerCOIN... have'nt heard of the coin doing much else.

NoirShares is equity and currency for NIG.

Top post ^^
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 08:05:12 PM by barwizi »

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 07:57:36 PM »
As someone attempting to claim a bounty on initializing the genesis block and also producing the unspent output list, it seems to me that you should be able to generate the proper initial balances.

Then all you have to do is create a 'spend to many' transaction in the genesis block.   

If you don't know how to initialize it in the genesis block, then simply pre-mine the balance for yourself and issue the transaction in the first block. 

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2014, 08:10:41 PM »
As someone attempting to claim a bounty on initializing the genesis block and also producing the unspent output list, it seems to me that you should be able to generate the proper initial balances.

Then all you have to do is create a 'spend to many' transaction in the genesis block.   

If you don't know how to initialize it in the genesis block, then simply pre-mine the balance for yourself and issue the transaction in the first block.

funny thing is, i have the balances, and the file keeps fetching and updating it'self. It is rather discouraging though that noone can tell me whether to put or remove a comma....seriously, a comma is the difference at this moment.

anyway, rather than keep bothering myself with no help, i'll follow your advice and send the balances after launch.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2014, 08:14:28 PM »
Thanks Barwizi...  FYI, the reason I don't have hard answers on how to initialize the genesis block is because I don't know the Bitcoin code base well enough to provide the answers.   In other words, you and FreeTrade are more qualified than I to answer them.   Sure I could probably figure it out, but obviously I have other things to do.

I think sending it in the first block may be the easiest way to instruct people and is just as good.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Google+