25 (27.2%)
KeyMail (Key ID)
15 (16.3%)
Leave it alone!
38 (41.3%)
Something else.
6 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Author Topic: Keyhotee Rebranding - BitMail / BitKey / KeyMail / KeyID  (Read 51238 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
BTW "Beyond Bitcoin Podcast's " are awesome!

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I'll throw in my 2 PTS:

Yes, I think keyhotee could possibly be renamed.  But bytemaster likes keyhotee as a name and seeing as how all the Don Quixote references are nearly gone now, this may be the last remaining reference,  :-\.  Love the duck meme, more for laughs than for serious consideration. But then again Dogecoin was just supposed to be a silly meme and it's now a borderline religion for some. ha.   B

indeed it is with doge! I'd like to keep keyhotee name also! Maybe shorten keyhotee to for example keyote or something ... but i really like meme
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I am.  Discussed with bytemaster a while back.  The duck thing is quite funny...we could do Duck vs Doge, clash of the meme titans.

DACs vs DOGE

I'm thinkin' them Dawgs and DAClings look very fond of each other...

"We will fight for canine freedom
And hold our billed heads high.
We will fly free with the pack and grow...
... or die!"

Sung to the tune of Cows with Guns

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
I am.  Discussed with bytemaster a while back.  The duck thing is quite funny...we could do Duck vs Doge, clash of the meme titans.

DACs vs DOGE

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
   Do you want to eat something my litle DAC ?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 07:56:09 pm by liondani »

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo
Almost 3/4s of respondents to the poll think that the name should be changed.

When I first heard about keyhotee, the first thing I thought of was Don Quixote, old and deluded, tilting at windmills. Second thought was: This is not a hopeful brand name for a new venture.

I vote for change.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I've had multiple encounters IRL like this:

"blah blah blah Keyhotee"
"That sounds cool, but you should change the name. Did you know it sounds like Quixote? That's the name of a character that failed at everything he tried"
"Yes! That's actually deliberate, the founders find his determination inspiring"

Oh, good, I get to post my favorite Tilting at Sauron meme again!

"Concealed within his fortress, the lord of Mordor sees all.
His gaze pierces cloud, shadow, earth, and flesh.
You know of what I speak, Gandalf: a great Eye, lidless, wreathed in flame."

—Saruman, Lord of the Rings
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline JoeyD

Then again, a yahoo was not one of the most awe inspiring characters from Gullivers Travels and who knew there was a way to make a play on the words goggling and oggling be all the rage.

"Yahoo" existed as an exclamation before that show,  and it was a play on "googol" which has no pre-existing connotations.
Is there actually a show about the book? Then again, why am I surprised about that, who reads books anymore? Also I very much doubt the goggle and oggling soundalike is an accident, at the very least I suspect it to be the root cause for the "spelling mistake" which led to the name and them liking the name in the first place.

Also I hope the fact that the less than subtle critique in Don Quichote, on the loss of core values and principles in society and one mans seemingly crazy opposition to this, is not entirely lost on the reader. It would be sad if all that remains would be crude statements where double entendres are only interpreted as confusing. There's a lot that can be done in binary, but I don't like the idea of human communication becoming binary one bit.

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Then again, a yahoo was not one of the most awe inspiring characters from Gullivers Travels and who knew there was a way to make a play on the words goggling and oggling be all the rage.

"Yahoo" existed as an exclamation before that show,  and it was a play on "googol" which has no pre-existing connotations.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline JoeyD

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I've had multiple encounters IRL like this:

"blah blah blah Keyhotee"
"That sounds cool, but you should change the name. Did you know it sounds like Quixote? That's the name of a character that failed at everything he tried"
"Yes! That's actually deliberate, the founders find his determination inspiring"

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.