Now I am done with 17. mai
To business: these are the current suggested bounties, http://pad.xeroc.org/p/Community_Bounties
(feel free to add more!)
From these I would prioritize the following:
1. I think allowing people to establish reputation is important (bytemaster insight), and I think monthly awards
(e.g. 3 awards a 10 PTS, most helpful, most inspirational, most creative, most innovative, most constructive critic, ..) might be an okay way to do it. And it might be good to give these 3 people a mention or small spot (e.g. 50-100 words) in the monthly newsletter as well.
2. We should update our visual explanations of the snapshot with more accurate timings. And we should also have a bounty for visual rendition of the front-end future of the Bitshares Ecosystem. But for this we need input from the I3 team in written language what the future might look like.
3. The best route to meme-creation is via a reddit-tip bot, so we should have a bounty for the creation of a reddit-tip bot; but in light of the conversion of Bitshares-PTS to DPOS, it might be better to put that idea on hold.
4. The second best route to meme-creation might be to simply award users in a thread on this forum and get the facebook, reddit, and bitcointalk channels to advertise it. (Toast did not like the meme creation idea because it is awkward to judge, do people agree with this?)
5. A unique service bounty for diverse tasks that are impossible to predict. This will require case-by-case judgement, but it should be seen as a thank-you gift.
I think something like 30 PTS for awards (giving thanks), 10 PTS for updated visual of snapshot (visual explanation, roadmap), 20 PTS for imagining the front-end of the bitshares ecosystem (visual hype), 20 PTS for meme-creation thread (visual fun). 30 PTS set aside for unique service bounty (allowing for retrospective tipping).
With this list I have not yet gotten to bounties for written content or editing, and I have not included bounties for bridging the 2nd gen crypto communities. Given 150 PTS, the above suggestions exhausts 110 of 150 PTS, so there wouls be 40 PTS left. So what do you guys say?Imagine that we only have 150 PTS the next month to spend, as a community, what would you prioritize differently from my list? What would you include on the list that I did not? What would you remove from my list?