Author Topic: Concerns about AGS donations being reinvested in AGS  (Read 31801 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
These are honorable people. They've had hundreds of opportunities to rip us off. Instead, they have been frugal and transparent. Thanks for confirming again that our respect is well placed.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
wow respect for this analysis :) great work
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Here's some blockchain analysis I did:

TL;DR - Stan, Synapticad, Cason, and an unnamed "admin retainer" reinvested over 20 BTC of their compensation.

seems perfectly reasonable...
You realize these are personal salaries and not funds still held in the trust as AGS donations, right?  Do you expect employees not to reinvest?

edit:  Ah, after a readthrough I see that you are not making such accusations. My bad, good analysis.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 07:28:00 pm by toast »
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline shemnon

• View Profile
Here's some blockchain analysis I did:

http://blog.cryptocrumb.com/2014/08/reinvestment-of-crowdsale-donations.html

TL;DR - Stan, Synapticad, Cason, and an unnamed "admin retainer" reinvested over 20 BTC of their compensation.

merockstar

If not I will hammer them until I get what I want to see....

--------------------------------
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   
These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

lolled. +5% +5%

<3

+5% for the meme. that belongs in your meme thread clains I lol'd my ass off.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Sorry, I think it is funnier with well-chosen part of the signature:

<3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent....These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 12:49:17 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline CLains

• View Profile

--------------------------------
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   
These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

lolled. +5% +5%

<3
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 02:24:27 am by CLains »

Offline bytemaster

I have asked Stan, Brian, and Arlen to work extra hard to clear up this and provide increased transparency on when, how, what, and why funds are being used for.    If they live up to my vision for it then you all will be very happy. 

If not I will hammer them until I get want I want to see....   just trying to avoid getting side tracked by these kinds of issues so I can focus on release.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Let me get the facts straight though:

Whatever small tips I personally have received from the AGS fund I have reinvested back in AGS. So for me this whole topic is total non-issue because I know the logic why people do it without being ask/obligated.Granted I do it with just some change and not my main/complimentary income but the logic is similar and clear to me.
But this is done by me - one of the people that most actively/aggressively (and probably most often) is voicing his disapproval regarding all kind of Invictus decisions, behavior and suggestions.

On a semi-side note: If anything it is positive sign that people that are a step or two closer to the company's kitchen have similar behavior i.e. continue believing that the project will work and try to get bigger stake in the future DAC’s
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 11:33:16 pm by tonyk »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Cognitive biases are a *****.

(I don't have a way with words..)

Never let the Facts stay on the way of a good conspiracy!

???

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Even when new evidence refutes a hypothesis, we often keep the feelings associated with the initial hypothesis, leading to rationalization of new evidence to fit a similar hypothesis.

Cognitive biases are a *****.

(I don't have a way with words..)
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
Even when new evidence refutes a hypothesis, we often keep the feelings associated with the initial hypothesis, leading to rationalization of new evidence to fit a similar hypothesis.