Author Topic: XT GUI - v0.0.3 - OS X and Windows  (Read 24368 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Locking this thread because v0.0.3 will not be compatible with dry run 5.

We have taken note of (most of) the issues in this thread. We are rapidly iterating on the GUI so don't get too hung up on bugs in this version.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Ggozzo

The problem we are having is, it crashes/closes ten seconds after opening and won't let me click on anything.

If I click on this screen it immediately disappears.
http://imgur.com/VYggQ1p

Then when I maximize this window it closes after ten seconds or less and I cannot click on anything in "File" or "Accounts"
http://imgur.com/TT1wwUy

What windows do you have?
Make a restart and when you doubleclick on the program don't make anything for about 3-5 minutes. Don't click on anything that time?
Do you have a firewall installed? If yes try to deactivate it before running the wallet...

If no progress, uninstall the wallet from add/remove programs on control panel, restart windows and install again. (let the wallet install on the suggested folders don't change anything manual...)
That are my first advices...

PS The windows you try to open is the first window if you wait like I said it will open one second window... the wallet, maybe because you are clicking on the first window it's appear before the initial wallet is loaded your system crashes... after all it is the first beta test versions with many bugs... of course you will not have these issues with the official releases !   ;)

I have installed and uninstalled 3 times. Restarted.....  Opened up my firewall for the program. I fixed the links above which are screenshots of what happens and then they disappear 10 seconds later.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

The problem we are having is, it crashes/closes ten seconds after opening and won't let me click on anything.

Then when I maximize this window it closes after ten seconds or less and I cannot click on anything in "File" or "Accounts"

What windows do you have?
Make a restart and when you doubleclick on the program don't make anything for about 3-5 minutes. Don't click on anything that time?
Do you have a firewall installed? If yes try to deactivate it before running the wallet...

If no progress, uninstall the wallet from add/remove programs on control panel, restart windows and install again. (let the wallet install on the suggested folders don't change anything manual...)
That are my first advices...

PS The windows you try to open is the first window if you wait like I said it will open one second window... the wallet, maybe because you are clicking on the first window it's appear before the initial wallet is loaded your system crashes... after all it is the first beta test versions with many bugs... of course you will not have these issues with the official releases !   ;)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 04:52:50 pm by liondani »

Ggozzo

Has anyone got the windows wallet working? Can't even to get it to open.

I asked and was ignored. It looks like liondani has it running but he never answered my post.

I made a first responce some posts back...

first download the XTS Gui for windows on this link:
http://bitshares.org/documentation/BitSharesXT.exe

Then on "My Accounts" click the button "Create Account" on the right side with green color...
Give your prefferred account name your email and click "create"

Now you will see your name as a new account but it will be "Not registered" yet...
to make that hapen you must have some funds first, so click on your account name and go to the tab "Advanced"
there is your public Account Key something like XTS8DpkcmJNTMnWE4hjwWQMz119XLZMm8PXFYDW88sTaLtGTSr364
copy that and post it here on the forum so we can send you some funds...
after getting your funds register your name going to  ">_Console" and type this:   

wallet_account_register user123 user123         

(where "user123" put your created account name)  more infos here: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/wiki/DPOS-Registering-Names-And-Delegates )

on the same link you can see what commands to type on "Console" to be a delegate (you must have about 20 XTS min because of the fees)

PS When you open the XTS wallet give a password 2 times to open the wallet and wait a little bit until you see the message "Blocks are synced" on the bottom right...
     My windows wallet worked on windows 7 system but NOT on a windows 8 system (not synced)... I am not sure if the problem was the operating system or something else...

After you register your account it could be the case it still sais "Not registered"... After you make a transaction (send someone some XTS) it will be ok...

EDIT:

PS2  Know I saw it is much easier to register the account via this way:
Click on on your account name and click on button "Edit", give name (email and others optional) and click "Registered as delegate" if you want to be a delegate (and of course you have enough           funds to do that) then click on button "Register ******* ", So the command console is not really neaded to register your account ;)

Offline betax

• View Profile
pls sent me some funds ... XTS4zQr7RK3BQmh2UAHg6Z1zQJvrTrRAUuYv3UuvYvJ2Z9Rc3owyv

thx

BLK    .TRX  TIMESTAMP           FROM                TO                  MEMO                                             AMOUNT             FEE              ID
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   pending   2014-06-23T12:08:23 betax               cass                                                          50.000000 XTS        0.010000 XTS                      cabdc6ec
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Thanks for the info's xeroc  ;D

So I made that happen going to the "Directory">"Unregistered">"+ New"   gave a contact name  and the address and then sent to the contact name... (Worked)

I strongly suggest they must give the option to sent funds directly to addresses as well... without all this!
That's very fustrating...
Maybe offer to create a contact automatically once they see a XTS address typed in the 'to:' field!

edit: just filed an issue:
https://github.com/BitShares/web_wallet/issues/54

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
pls sent me some funds ... XTS4zQr7RK3BQmh2UAHg6Z1zQJvrTrRAUuYv3UuvYvJ2Z9Rc3owyv

thx

I have the same issue whenever I try to sent funds to addresses....
Can anybody explain what I made wrong....

RPC Server Error
In method 'wallet_transfer': 10 assert_exception: Assert Exception is_valid_account_name( account_name ): {} bitshares wallet.cpp:2765 bts::wallet::wallet::is_valid_account {"real_amount_to_transfer":2.2000000000000002,"amount_to_transfer_symbol":"XTS","from_account_name":"liondani","to_account_name":"XTS4zQr7RK3BQmh2UAHg6Z1zQJvrTrRAUuYv3UuvYvJ2Z9Rc3owyv","memo_message":"Wish I could sent you more! ;)"} bitshares wallet.cpp:1744 bts::wallet::wallet::transfer_asset {} bitshares (500)
You cannot send money to addresses but need to make a local contact for cass to send to the username.

I.E. create a contact "local-cass" with his address and send your funds to "local-cass"
other option would be for the receiver to register a name on the blockchain ... i.e. cass-blockchain and let the payer send to casss-blockchain .. than no need to add a local contact

Thanks for the info's xeroc  ;D

So I made that happen going to the "Directory">"Unregistered">"+ New"   gave a contact name  and the address and then sent to the contact name... (Worked)

I strongly suggest they must give the option to sent funds directly to addresses as well... without all this!
That's very fustrating...
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 11:49:50 am by liondani »

Offline dexinwong

• View Profile

thx

SEND.....1.11 XTS    :)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

thx

RPC Server Error
In method 'wallet_transfer': 10 assert_exception: Assert Exception is_valid_account_name( account_name ): {} bitshares wallet.cpp:2765 bts::wallet::wallet::is_valid_account {"real_amount_to_transfer":2.2000000000000002,"amount_to_transfer_symbol":"XTS","from_account_name":"liondani","to_account_name":"XTS4zQr7RK3BQmh2UAHg6Z1zQJvrTrRAUuYv3UuvYvJ2Z9Rc3owyv","memo_message":"Wish I could sent you more! ;)"} bitshares wallet.cpp:1744 bts::wallet::wallet::transfer_asset {} bitshares (500)
You cannot send money to addresses but need to make a local contact for cass to send to the username.

I.E. create a contact "local-cass" with his address and send your funds to "local-cass"
other option would be for the receiver to register a name on the blockchain ... i.e. cass-blockchain and let the payer send to casss-blockchain .. than no need to add a local contact

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

thx

RPC Server Error

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

thx
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline dcchong

• View Profile

Not connected to the network on my osx 10.9.2.   I download BitSharesXT-0.0.3.dmg.
wallet_approve_delegate dc-delegate true
wallet_approve_delegate bitsharesx-delegate true

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

I asked and was ignored. It looks like liondani has it running but he never answered my post.

I made a first responce some posts back...

first download the XTS Gui for windows on this link:
http://bitshares.org/documentation/BitSharesXT.exe

Then on "My Accounts" click the button "Create Account" on the right side with green color...
Give your prefferred account name your email and click "create"

Now you will see your name as a new account but it will be "Not registered" yet...
to make that hapen you must have some funds first, so click on your account name and go to the tab "Advanced"
there is your public Account Key something like XTS8DpkcmJNTMnWE4hjwWQMz119XLZMm8PXFYDW88sTaLtGTSr364
copy that and post it here on the forum so we can send you some funds...
after getting your funds register your name going to  ">_Console" and type this:   

wallet_account_register user123 user123         

(where "user123" put your created account name)  more infos here: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/wiki/DPOS-Registering-Names-And-Delegates )

on the same link you can see what commands to type on "Console" to be a delegate (you must have about 20 XTS min because of the fees)

PS When you open the XTS wallet give a password 2 times to open the wallet and wait a little bit until you see the message "Blocks are synced" on the bottom right...
     My windows wallet worked on windows 7 system but NOT on a windows 8 system (not synced)... I am not sure if the problem was the operating system or something else...

After you register your account it could be the case it still sais "Not registered"... After you make a transaction (send someone some XTS) it will be ok...

EDIT:

PS2  Know I saw it is much easier to register the account via this way:
Click on on your account name and click on button "Edit", give name (email and others optional) and click "Registered as delegate" if you want to be a delegate (and of course you have enough           funds to do that) then click on button "Register ******* ", So the command console is not really neaded to register your account ;)

« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 12:00:19 pm by liondani »

Ggozzo

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
XTS4zQr7RK3BQmh2UAHg6Z1zQJvrTrRAUuYv3UuvYvJ2Z9Rc3owyv

can someone sent me some funds pls .. thx
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█