Poll

How many Bitshares X should be issued at launch? (Poll)

4 Million
10 Million
40 Million
100 Million
400 Million
1 Billion
4 Billion
Other (in comments)

Author [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Number of Bitshares X at launch  (Read 4891 times)

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
Number of Bitshares X at launch
« on: June 22, 2014, 04:18:12 AM »

I vote for 100 Million shares at launch.

That would make each share worth  $1, if Bitshares X market cap is $100 Mill, or $10 per share if cap is $ 1 Billion.
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline sfinder

• 4 Cores CPU+100GB SSD+anti-DDoS Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Number of Bitshares X at launch
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 05:31:53 AM »
there will be less than 4million BTSX in the system when bitshares x launched since system destroy 90% of the transaction fee during running on XTS stage.
微博:星在飘我在找|BTS X 受托人delegate ID:baidu
中国教育书店合作将20%收入捐献给贫困山区学生。
Cooperating with China Education Bookstore and will donate 20% of delegate income to the poor students

Offline pendragon3

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 05:52:07 AM »
Among those voting for only 4 million shares, can someone please explain your reasoning? What's the advantage in having so few shares? Frankly, I can't see any advantage, but would like to know your pov.  ???

Offline yinchanggong

• View Profile
    • 微博 引长弓Fate
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 05:55:09 AM »
I vote for using bip as the unit. Obviously, 1$ is more acceptble than 250$ for investors.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 05:59:45 AM by yinchanggong »
BTSX delegate: google.helloworld    microsoft.helloworld
BTSX Account:yinchg   Manager of BTSXCHINA Charity Fund
引长弓Fate 新浪微博

Offline betax

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 06:08:29 AM »
I am undecided please convince me of either way.

+ More BitShares X easier invest. Instead of buying 0.00001, you can buy 1 and it can be seen a less risky option. (DogeCoin)
+ Less BitShares X increases value due the limited amount and speculation.  (Bitcoin)
+ Both are limited regardless.
+ With More BitShares X 1 = 1$ you can mentally calculate investment or trades in assets.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline valtr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 06:21:07 AM »

+ More BitShares X easier invest. Instead of buying 0.00001, you can buy 1 and it can be seen a less risky option. (DogeCoin)
+ Less BitShares X increases value due the limited amount and speculation.  (Bitcoin)
+ With More BitShares X 1 = 1$ you can mentally calculate investment or trades in assets.
Totally agree 1 is better than 0,0001 etc.

Offline mint chocolate chip

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 06:26:40 AM »
I don't know what would be best, but 4 million was the original plan.

Offline yinchanggong

• View Profile
    • 微博 引长弓Fate
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2014, 07:34:07 AM »
I don't know what would be best, but 4 million was the original plan.
yea, I think BTS is still 4 million, but we should use the 1 billion bips as unit for trade.
BTSX delegate: google.helloworld    microsoft.helloworld
BTSX Account:yinchg   Manager of BTSXCHINA Charity Fund
引长弓Fate 新浪微博

Offline cdryan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, 07:45:35 AM »
1 Billion

Offline liondani

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2014, 10:27:59 AM »
I have an idea...  we take the top 10 or 20 coins with the largest market cap (because they are for a reason the best) and we calculate the average coins they have and we pick a number near this average...

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D using Tapatalk

https://bitshares.OPENLEDGER.info/?r=GREECE  | You are in Control | BUY | SELL | SHORT | SWAP | LOAN | TRADE |  

Offline JA

• View Profile
  • Payrate: 666%
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2014, 11:26:12 AM »
I have an idea...  we take the top 10 or 20 coins with the largest market cap (because they are for a reason the best) and we calculate the average coins they have and we pick a number near this average...

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D using Tapatalk
good idea  +5%
should be about 30+ billion
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 12:25:49 PM by jabbajabba »

Offline liondani

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2014, 01:29:20 PM »
The average for the top 5 coins are about 200 millions.
The average for the top 10 coins are about 25 billions.
The average for the top 20 coins are about 12 billions.

On the other side we can go like NXT to 1 billion too because it is right now the more succesfull coin that has simmilar futures with bitshares and it would be great to make better comparisons with each other's prices...

I vote for 1 billion too...
  https://bitshares.OPENLEDGER.info/?r=GREECE  | You are in Control | BUY | SELL | SHORT | SWAP | LOAN | TRADE |  

Offline pendragon3

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2014, 02:27:42 PM »

The argument for NOT using 4 million shares is very simple.

With only 4 million at launch, you're going to create liquidity problems and also cut down participation.
If the starting price is $20, $50, $100, whatever, right off the bat, Bitshares X will have the 2nd highest price on coinmarketcap, which will turn away a lot of possible investors. Then the little guy is going to think, "Man, how much higher can it go? I'm better off buying one of the other altcoins for $0.10. I'll have a better chance at doubling my price, or making a better % return." Most people don't think too much about market cap, they only look at share price and % return.

One of the things people are saying here is that it's important to get critical mass & wide participation, especiAlly from non-crypto folks, not just crypto geeks. I'm telling you, that will be much harder if the starting price at launch is too high. The launch should be the marketing, distribution, awareness, liquidity phase. Crypto folks and People new to crypto will be much more likely to test the water if the price per share of X early on is not too high. Plus, these non-crypto folks are especially important because they can spread the word better to people who don't already know about btc/Bitshares.

Sure, Bitcoin has a price in the $100s, but it was not always so. Bitcoin started in the sub-pennies, just like most new coins do today. How many other coins are above even $10? Maybe Bitshares X would someday be successful and get to $10, $50, $100+ price range, but trying to start at that level at launch with only 4 million shares is not a smart move.

I vote for somewhere in the range of 100 million to 1 billion shares of X at launch.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BTS: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2014, 02:39:16 PM »
I vote for 4 mio XT as originally proposed .. and maybe 400mio bitsharesX at launch!
Give BitShares a try! Use the http://testnet.bitshares.eu provided by http://bitshares.eu powered by ChainSquad GmbH

Offline sfinder

• 4 Cores CPU+100GB SSD+anti-DDoS Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2014, 04:25:58 PM »
I vote for 4 mio XT as originally proposed .. and maybe 400mio bitsharesX at launch!

there will  be slightly less than 4 million bitsharesX at lunch due to 1 to1 allocation for xts/bts and some xts will be destroyed for transaction fee 
微博:星在飘我在找|BTS X 受托人delegate ID:baidu
中国教育书店合作将20%收入捐献给贫困山区学生。
Cooperating with China Education Bookstore and will donate 20% of delegate income to the poor students

Google+