Author [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: List of BitAssets to pre-register  (Read 2063 times)

Offline toast

List of BitAssets to pre-register
« on: July 07, 2014, 08:58:49 PM »

Any BitAsset with enough market depth will be tradeable. Anybody can "propose" a new BitAsset at any time.
We can "pre-register" a bunch of BitAssets for the sole purpose of preventing anyone from issuing an asset with a name/ticker of something you would expect to be market-pegged.

Please help us crowdsource a list of assets that should be market pegged.

We need:

* Name
* Symbol
* Precise Description (needs to be specific to have a price - "1 ounce 99.9% gold", maybe even "delivered to NYSE within 1 week")
* Precision: how many decimal places this asset needs

Here's a list to get you started. Note this only lists 1 or 2 of the 4 data points we need.
Currencies:
AUD (Australia)
BDT (Bangladesh)
BRL (Brazil)
CAD (Canada)
CNY (China)
EUR (Europe)
GBP (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
IDR (Indonesia)
INR (India)
JPY (Japan)
KRW (South Korea)
MXN (Mexico)
NGN (Nigeria)
PHP (Philippines)
PKR (Pakistan)
RUR (Russia)
USD (United States of America)
VND (Vietnam)

Crypto
Bitcoin
Litecoin
Peercoin

Stock Indices
Global (MSCI World)
China (SSE Composite Index)
India (BSE)
Europe (Eurostoxx 50)
USA (DJIA)
Indonesia (IHSG)
Brasil (Ibovespa)

Commodities
Copper
Gold
Silver
Crude Oil
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline alt

Re: List of BitAssets to pre-register
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 09:16:22 PM »
these assets are me style or x style?

来自我的 HUAWEI P7-L00 上的 Tapatalk

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 09:17:24 PM »
X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline alt

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 09:21:04 PM »
X

I remember your plane is only 2 assets, gld and usd, for reason of market deep. so It's not a probkem now?

Offline toast

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 09:22:24 PM »
X

I remember your plane is only 2 assets, gld and usd, for reason of market deep. so It's not a probkem now?

There is still a minimum market depth requirement, but now any bitasset can trade if it gets enough depth. So in practice only a small number will be trading at any time
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Agent86

• BTSX: agent86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 09:38:35 PM »
Isn't it very easy to fake market depth?

Offline toast

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 09:44:27 PM »

How? If you put in "fake" bids/asks they can still get matched, and if you cancel them then the "fake" market depth is no longer there and trading stops

Offline Agent86

• BTSX: agent86
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 09:48:56 PM »
How? If you put in "fake" bids/asks they can still get matched, and if you cancel them then the "fake" market depth is no longer there and trading stops
Ok just asking, I haven't though about it, it just seemed like you could make a bunch of activity at a low price or something.  I also wasn't sure how you are measuring market depth

Offline toast

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 09:51:29 PM »
"depth" is just # of BTSX in orders. So for example you might need 2% of all BTSX on each side (shorts + asks) to turn on trading

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2014, 10:10:15 PM »
S&P 500 before the DJIA.

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2014, 10:19:59 PM »
I wonder if there is way to deal with user issued assets that attempt to trick users with similar looking names.

>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 10:34:54 PM »
It would be nice if the main bitassets (3-5 Highest volume) formed the focus & were on the main trading page and the other ones were secondary somehow imo.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2014, 10:38:02 PM »
Hang Seng- Hong Kong index

Nikkei- Japanese index

Commodities:

Aluminum
Natural Gas
RBOB
Brent Crude
Uranium
Wheat
Ethanol
Orange Juice  >:(
Sugar
Pork Bellies
Rice
Propane
Palladium
Platinum
Corn
Steel
Coffee
Butter
Milk

If you are going to have indexes, don't forget:
NDX
OEX
QQQQ

You can also do:
ETF's
Double and triple leveraged ETF's
Short/inverse ETF's which can also be double triple leveraged i.e. FAZ

Online Pheonike

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2014, 10:49:56 PM »
I think we should start out with 5 to 8 assets initially that define the core bitshares assets then wait 30 days or so to allow user created assets. Or perhaps have a weekly vote by users to decide which new assets will be added. By limiting the initial assets we should be able to build the market depth faster for those core assets.

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2014, 11:26:28 PM »
Any BitAsset with enough market depth will be tradeable. Anybody can "propose" a new BitAsset at any time.
We can "pre-register" a bunch of BitAssets for the sole purpose of preventing anyone from issuing an asset with a name/ticker of something you would expect to be market-pegged.

Please help us crowdsource a list of assets that should be market pegged.

We need:

* Name
* Symbol
* Precise Description (needs to be specific to have a price - "1 ounce 99.9% gold", maybe even "delivered to NYSE within 1 week")
* Precision: how many decimal places this asset needs

I request:

SHORTS,...    SHORTS,...   SHORTS,....  SHORTS,...                 SHORTS,...     SHORTS,...   SHORTS,....  SHORTS,...

* Name: SHITTY SHORTS
* Symbol: SHORTS

* Precise Description: 1 pair of man’s shorts (N42 to 46; red/blue or yellow – whatever size and colour we have at the moment in stock;) delivery – undeliverable, you are free to pick them from any delegate on the blockchain; We do not vote for delegates that do not carry SHORTS!!!

* Precision: 0 - You do not what your shorts split in parts, do you?

« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 12:33:51 AM by Simeon II »

Google+