Author [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: WSJ article.  (Read 689 times)

Ggozzo

WSJ article.
« on: September 22, 2014, 05:01:42 AM »

WSJ article mentions BitsharesX. I think they got their fact wrong.

http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/how-to-deficer-cryptocurrencies-1411333011?mobile=y
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 10:05:34 AM by cass »

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BTS: methodx
Re: WSJ article.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 05:42:45 AM »
I skimmed the article but couldn't find any mention of BitShares.

Offline JA

• View Profile
  • Payrate: 666%
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 06:06:45 AM »
I skimmed the article but couldn't find any mention of BitShares.
yea Ctr + F says no

Offline bobmaloney

"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline biophil

• Incentives run the world
    • View Profile
  • BTS: zebulon
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 02:32:44 PM »
rofl, the person had one job, to list one fact and blew it.

joke is on us though  :-\

Does wsj have a "corrections" or errata section? A spot where they mention inaccuracies in previous issues? We could probably get them to publish a correction. That way bitshares gets mentioned in 2 issues.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 02:35:16 PM »
It's not completely wrong but not as accurate as it could be. Like CLains said it's not exactly all their fault. BitSharesX, BTSX, BitShares-PTS...to someone following dozens of crypto technologies I can understand mixing that up.

Ggozzo

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 02:47:07 PM »

Does wsj have a "corrections" or errata section? A spot where they mention inaccuracies in previous issues? We could probably get them to publish a correction. That way bitshares gets mentioned in 2 issues.

They must. I originally saw this posted on r/bitcoin, where they were making fun if the title because they spelled decipher as decifer. You can still see the misspelling in the URL.

merockstar

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 05:36:22 PM »

This piece one of the most impartial pieces about crypto I've ever seen in a major publication. Because it looks like the author actually did some due diligence instead of making up a bunch of crap, I sent him an e-mail letting him know all the points I saw in it that might be inaccurate or misleading. He expressed interested in writing a follow up article next week.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 06:13:16 PM »

This piece one of the most impartial pieces about crypto I've ever seen in a major publication. Because it looks like the author actually did some due diligence instead of making up a bunch of crap, I sent him an e-mail letting him know all the points I saw in it that might be inaccurate or misleading. He expressed interested in writing a follow up article next week.

Nice work, I'm looking forward to reading it.

merockstar

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2014, 10:26:12 PM »

Nice work, I'm looking forward to reading it.

Ended up not hearing back from him.

Google+